Non Tamagotchi VPets you have

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a completist in so much as I can be. I'd want all versions of the Giga Dog including the barbie one. I never saw the newer Giga pets around here. Of course I haven't seen the TamaGos around here either. Maybe my local Wal Mart has a hate on for these kinds of pets. FurReal Friends and Zhu Zhu Pets are plentiful.

The last gigas were bigger then the original. They are more like a handheld over a mini pet. They came out 3-4 years ago I think.... Someplaces could still have them. I see them every once in a while here. I don't know why, but I do. Normally its the big TV game with the giga pet.... White thing...

To save you some money... If you go for the older giga dogs... Just get the purple one. The dalmation one isn't really different. Just more rare and expensive... and dalmation dogs that are completely random. They look directly like the purple giga dog though... except with spots. But if you want them both, I wouldn't blame you. I have both... But I'd play with my purple one because its less rare and has a bit of scuffs on it because it was a pre-used pet I got. But I won it with a tama too though... I wasn't aiming for it, just the tama. It just worked out that way winning tht set in a bid.

If I weren't opposed to using Ebay I'd buy one of every dog Giga. It doesn't matter that they're all pretty much the same. Poo-Chis are pretty much the same too but I'd want every different color I could get. It's just how I am. The only reason I won't use Ebay is I don't want to get mixed up with PayPal which seems to be the only payment method offered these days. If it wasn't for that I'd Be on a Poo-Chi/FurReal Friends/Giga puppy buying binge as we speak.

I know wht you mean. I wish the simple Buy it Now section was still there. I use Ebay when I do buy stuff, and paypal. Its not that weird... But to get most of the stuff I import too, I need paypal. Then I don't need to worry about the money conversion and such. I would do Amazon, but I would get myself into trouble there.

Paypal in short is a "We will pay for the item you want... Now" and then take the money from the place you charge or whatever from when processed. Otherwise, I don't think its a bad thing. There is a one time fee of like $2. But that isn't bad at all. I've had one for years... I shouldn't but I do. Oh and the probable one week wait for your card to be put onto the account... and say it was like your bank... You would need the card... then a few other things which it will tell you. Most of it is pretty straight forward though once you get going. You can make one just to see what it is but you don't need to load a card at the beginning. You can leave it blank.......... but alas the $2 fee... Nyam.

I would SO love to buy more things on Ebay. Probably right now... I try to limit it to one thing a month, If anything at all. Otherwise I wait til the next month.

I just wish Ebay would allow an option to use the same method you use at places like Amazon. I'm not comfortable going the Paypal route. I've heard too many horror stories.

Horror stories? Humm. I know there are people who really don't know how to use it... Then get into issues. People also tend to forget about the conversion charge if you were uying from outta country with different currency/money. There are so many ways people *can get into issues... But it works just like a charage card in the store... just virtual..... But... I haven't ran into issues... But if I were to start selling, I would need to change my account... ETC. Because they have a few types.

I wish people would add that option back like Amazon's. I loved that, I used to be Amazon only user... But they got educated on paypal. (Read, learned... confirmed.... etc)

The stuff I heard was more about accounts being hacked. I just don't want to take the chance on anything like that happening, especially if I were to link it to my bank account. I'm disabled and on a fixed income. If someone hijacked my account and drained my bank accound I'd have no choice but to starve for the month. I have no additional income.

Humm true. That would 100% suck. Nobody would want that to happen to anybody. There are a few places I wouldn't trust putting my card on.... The Playstation for one.... (My ps2 for instance) the Wii.... easy things to hack guess....

Have you found a touch pet? They are like a Cube-World toy, but with pets. They are white and a bit bigger. I know they have a cat and a dog version... I think they have a dual one too (With both) I think I saw a bird too. But not in any of my stores. Those are kind of interesting with the little things it can do. (I have a cat) Then they don't die, they get sad, but I think that is a good thing. Then they have like a information bar graph on them... It weird. I might turn my cat on again. Sounds like a real animal to me. You don't need a stylus, only a finger to interact.

I have a hunch more non tama-pets are comming... What? I don't know, but I know summer is comming. Those ZhuZhu dogs might be out in stores more. I think I saw some more Snugga-mals out. I think they do a bit more then the privous. I didn't have anything to take a good picture with of them.

Touch pet sounds interesting. If I see a dog one I'll pick it up.

I didn't know the new snuggimals do more. I have five of the original. I may have to check the new ones out too.

I didn't play with the snuggamals yet to see if they were different.. But they looked different. I saw some a different Nintendo dog too... But I don't think it was new. They looked like they were in a different package.

The touch pets I think are still in Walmarts.... I think that is where I still see them. They might have them elsewhere. I like play with the one I have. It takes some AAAs batteries I think. I haven't played with it and my 3 Tama-Go are probably why. You can turn the sound off too, although one game turns it back on while you play it. The look of the dog reminds me of the Big headed dog/cats... They had bigger eyes too. Humm... Oh... "The Dog" or "The Cat" things... But I've only seen the sticker protectant dog pixels, not in use. The cat/dog I think connect too. I am not sure what they do together... They have connectors on the sides.

I've seen the square ones (cat and dogs) but I haven't seen the angled one. I've seen a larger retangle one too... I'm not sure how different it is compared to the other ones. Seems like there is another one out there that is just named different, probably in another language too. Like Rupuppy or something like that.... I think roughly translated, Your puppy....) I'm unsure about a cat in another language but I bet there is.

Image for the Pet N Play pets

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to look for the Touch dog next time I go to Wal mart with some money then. Thanks for the tip!

I know these guys have been out for a while but I still see them. Sometimes cheaper then labeled. I turned mine on today... Watching it do all the tricks, play the music and sorts like that. Its funny. Its on a 24 hour clock too, forgot about that little feature. It plays by itself, with the toss toys.

Noisy little cat I have. hehehe. I'm sure the dog barks too.

Funny thing is I'm actually seriously considering buying VPets other than dogs again. Those Tandars monkey things are out soon and I think I want one. Also I found Grimlock, one of my Tamas the other day and he's making me want a TamaGo. I miss Tama raising and Grimmy's broken.

I hate when I find broken toys. (Or missing pieces) I mean, I would rather find them then not though. Found a Tama? Like connection or the 96-98 versions? I have 3 Tama-Gos, first time I got my Tama-Go, It was on for 18 generations... Which is a fairly long time for me. If you get a Tama-Go, I would recommend getting some figures to play extra games/food availablity. I have most of the figures. The 2nd set at Target I like those games better... Then the Tama-Go is $10 for one, not $20 like at Walmart or ToysRUs. I think I'm missing 2 from each set. Mametchi and Kutchipatchi, then ShimaShimatchi and Makiko yet to find. I just haven't bought those yet.

Grimlock's a connection though I'm not sure which version. He's sitting right in front of me propped up on a FurReal dog. He's got a lizard skin design.

Makes me think of the V4.5 ... I'm not sure... I can snoop a bit. I use my plush as a prop-up thing too. ...And McDonalds toys that I have at random. The Chicken Little stuff works really well for the Tama-Go. They work for the Connections and the classics too, but they need a bit more propping up. (Dry clay or stiff fabric like Vinyl)

;) These two? I can't think of other ones I've seen... I wish the red one was a better image though.

V3 green reptile

4.5 reptile red

Last edited by a moderator:
The green one. That's Grimlock. I wish he worked.

Well, sometimes its a simple fix... It depends on what it looks like on the inside on the green part/process board and possibly in the screen part. I've fixed a few "used" tamas by cleaning very carefully the inside of the tama. (Q-tips, Cotton balls, toothpick and a good handle of how to clean the board)

I know.... my Nano Kitty which I'm sure was going to be ruined another few days in my basement. (Cold type of wet with something else in it, probably battery acid) I am So lucky I got it when I did. Cleaned it out and removed the probably exploded batteries. It still works, I would miss it terribly now if it didn't work.

I'd be afraid to open him up. I don't think I have the ability to fix him nor the courage to try. I'm glad your Nano Kitty's okay.

Humm, ya. I was afraid to open up one of my tamas (I think it was one of my first v1s....) But I did it because it was beeping really loud like it was resetting... It was terrible to come home to. If it gets it to work again, would it be worth it? It would be better if you had an idea of what was wrong with it. Sometimes it may or may-not be worth opening if it doesn't work.... Most of the time I find it has a little bit of gunk or something inside, If I scrape it off.... Normally it fixes it for me. Like the lines on the inside (If you opened it, you would know what I mean) if they had something on them, I would rub it off gentally and look carefully at the screen area for anything.

You could always keep an eye open for an identical one. You may never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back