Body Image

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamagirl_Desy

Reaction score
Hi members of Tamatalk. ;) It's tamagirl_desy. In health, I am learning about healthy eating and body image.........well, I want to discuss BODY IMAGE. This is an important subject.

___________________________________________________________________________________

You pick up a magizine and look at the cover. You sigh sadly as you see a famous model smiling. She has perfectly white teeth; they make your teeth seem disgusting. Her hair is so shiny and curly; compared to that, your hair looks so faded. Her face is sooo pretty; it makes you seem like an ugly zombie. And she's pin-thin too! You look down at yourself. "I'm fat!! Oh god I need to lose weight. I wanna look like that." you say to yourself. You throw down the magizine and walk away.

This is a problem. A BIG problem. It's serious. Very serious.

Media: "PARIS HILTON'S NEW LOOK: Perfect body" "New Star On The Line Becomes Beautiful!" "Two Famous Stars Take Diet: Become super skinny but So Beautiful in The Process!" Media should just shat their yaps for once. <.< When they say, "Perfect Body", they're saying that ours isn't perfect and that we have to look like that to be perfect. Well, nobody is perfect; ok? The Media makes people feel bad about themselves.

When they say, "Becomes Beautiful!" or anything along that line for that matter, will make it seem like: "They BECAME beautiful! Your not! You must BECOME beautiful!" This will put people down, and think bad things of themselves.

Now, there is one thing that is the worst thing Media can possibly do.............saying, "Stars Go On Diet: Become Very Beautiful and Thin!" What the!? Why in the world would they even MENTION this!? This send out the message: Go on a diet and become skinny and beautiful! Diets aren't that good for you when your older, and they are VERY bad when your young. <_<

Toys: Bratz. Barbies. Practically any type of pin-thin doll with makeup and over their face gives out a bad message. I know some people love Bratz and barbies ect. but please don't go posting, "No way! Your dumb. They don't give out a wrong message. :mad:" because I don't wanna hear it.

You pick up your favourite Bratz doll. You look at her, and brush her hair. "I wish I could look like her! She's so pretty and skinny." you whisper to yourself. Presently, your parents start to notice something different about you. You don't finish your meals, barely eat any of your lunch, and you refuse to eat large portions of food.....not to mention your wearing tons of makeup all the time and tight clothes.

Those are the must commen side effects of Bratz and other dolls. You want to be just like them, don't you? Well, I sure wouldn't. I much rather be myself.

These dolls make girls think they need to lose weight, and that their supposed to look like these dolls. They think wearing makeup and skimpy clothing will make them look 'hot'. NOT. This is a lie. Ok, so maybe you'll look more perked up and you'll stand-out slightly more; but who cares? Your beautiful the way you are! :)

Oh, and just a side note: Do you ever see a fat Bratz doll or merely any doll? No. And if you do, thats VERY rare. Give yourself a pat on the back. I almost forgot......I dispise Bratz babies. I mean, come on! Thy're babies and they're wearing eye shadow and makeup! >_<'

Advertisments: "Do this diet! Lose 40 pounds!" "New Dove shampoo. *shows a beautiful model with curly, flowing hair*" "Use our shampoo and look like this! You'll have the perfect hair and perfect body. Could it get any better?" Oh please. I wanna rip advertisments like this. First of all: Don't do diets. The only dieting you should do, is simply eating well and being active. Hey, thats my new slogan: Don't do diets. Second of all, advertisments usually ALWAYS use beautiful, thin models. Would people really buy their product if they use average sized people? Uh uh. Thats what they think, anyhow. Third of all, when you see an ad saying, "Use are ******! You'll have a perfect body/hair!!" don't bother believing it. It's not true. There isn't such thing as a perfect body, and they are simply giving out a message saying that you aren't already perfect the way you are. How low can you go?

Magizines: I'm not going to bother to give you examples on this one. It's quite clear that magizines give out all the wrong messages. First off: You never see and average sized people in a magizine. Nope. They all gotta be like, 90 pounds. *sigh* I don't understand it. I never will. Magizines are one of the worst things to get people to think their fat.

Anorexia: It's where young girls starve themselves to become skinny. Becoming Anorex is very bad. It's a very bad thing, and can ruin your body for life. D: Starving yourself is never good; it will result in sleepiness, weakness, and sleepness nights. Did you know many girls die of Anorexia each year? If you know somebody who has become Anorex, you must tell somebody imeddiatly. Usually, people become Anorex because they think they are fat and ugly. Becoming skinner will make them prettier; so they think. This is not a good thing, and should be never tried.

Bulimia: This is just as bad, or maybe even worse than Anorexia. Usually Bulimia happens in young girls because they see ads and other things that make themseles think: Oh god I'm fat! Bulimia means that you don't starve yourself. Instead, after you eat, you force yourself to vomit. That way, you don't gain the pounds. This is a VERY bad thing. NEVER do it.

Not everybody has a perfect body. We are all special and beautiful! We don't need silly diets, or crazy slimming ideas. We are fine the way we are. I'm beautiful, your beautiful, she's beautiful, he's beautiful, we're beautiful, they're beautiful......everybody, everywhere. It doesn't matter that your maybe not as skinny as some of the other people you know. It's what you are inside! And everyone of us is a nice person inside, and out. So why is there so much fuss about your image? It's the inside that really counts. And in the inside; we're all beautiful.

*Tgd*

Last edited by a moderator:
unfrotunantly, thats what makes the new/advertisments/dolls even.

i'm sure many girls (and guys too actualy!) dont realize that those people that are in the magazine arent perfect either.

its sad, but thats just how the world is.

Great, tamgirl_desy! In my big sis's school, there are girls which eat too much in the bathroom, and throw up in the bathroom. Also, I read in the magazine that some anorexic girls eat kleenex so they aren't hungry anymore. Eew..

//TamaPATCHI

Kleenex? ew

My mom was anorexic when she was younger

Here is a shocking head line to a magazine my friends had:

Are you a size 8? You need to loose some blubber wale-girl!

A size 8!?!That's tiny!

Here is a shocking head line to a magazine my friends had:
Are you a size 8? You need to loose some blubber wale-girl!

A size 8!?!That's tiny!
WTF (foot)

8 is really tiny! loose some blubber (at a size 8)? does that mean die!?! it's really unhealthy!

and TGD, you speak for all of us. You know what's right and what's not and I'm happy about ppl like you! (same with everyone else)

WTF (foot)8 is really tiny! loose some blubber (at a size 8)? does that mean die!?! it's really unhealthy!

and TGD, you speak for all of us. You know what's right and what's not and I'm happy about ppl like you! (same with everyone else)
dang, thats is small!

same here *nods in agreement!*

(ps, flipper when you say WTF (foot), you should say WTF (flipper) lol!)

unfrotunantly, thats what makes the new/advertisments/dolls even.
i'm sure many girls (and guys too actualy!) dont realize that those people that are in the magazine arent perfect either.

its sad, but thats just how the world is.
Ya I know :D when I grow up I do NOT wanna be married over 20 times, and devoiced (SP?)

those Celebirtys are NOT perfect at all.

Thanks everybody for your comments! :D

Yeah, I am against all this "dieting" stuff. It's just plain wrong, in my opinion. Why don't people accept what they look like anymore? >.<

*Tgd*

I know I'm not perfect. In fact, I have several imperfections. But, it is completely unnecessary for anyone to compare themselves to the girls OR guys in the magazines. To some, the stick-thin girl with long flowing blond hair and blindingly white teeth may be the ideal, but to many others, a thicker, curvier girl with brown skin and a natural face is the most beautiful. It really is in the eye of the beholder. And many different ideals of beauty exist in this world.

You have the body and appearance that God gave you. I think that many people need to STOP insisting that they are "fat", "have cellulite", "have ugly flat hair", etc. So what if you're not "perfect" according to that magazine. To the creator of the ad, maybe you aren't the ideal of beauty...but who CARES?! It's just a few people's ideas that you are seeing. And, you know what? You can probably sing better than them, or can dance better, or are a nicer, kinder person. Nuts to what they think. To another person, you are a goddess just the way you are. Believe me, it's true and that's what really counts. :)

Girls and guys today need to stand up to that kind of thought, which is seen almost everywhere you may go. Ignore it. You are who you are. Accent your best features, whether physical or in your personality, but don't try to change yourself to fit what a handfull of advertisers think is best. Their opinions do not matter at all. They aren't changing anyone's lives or doing something great for the world. They're just trying to convince you to look like them...and buy their product.

Stand against it. Be the wonderful, unique individual that you are meant to be. And you know what? More people will love you for it. :lol:

I do find it strange that when I watch TV and see commercials for some of those dolls and girls toys... the girls are always wearing makeup, and they are incredibly young. I think I started wearing makeup in 10th grade.

I always felt self-conscious... not because I was overweight, or too skinny or anything... but because I've always been the tallest girl in my class/grade. I'm 6'1" now.. and I really do appreciate it. Even if I do feel kinda like a 'giant' sometimes... this is who I am, and I can't change, so I have to learn to be happy with it :lol:

When and If I get married I will only ever love one person.

I'll never get re-marrried (Hopefully).

I don't like my looks, I don't like my body, I don't like me.

Though my friends say I am really skinny... I think I couldn't get any fatter.

My looks are part of me.

Not long ago I got called fat (While I was begging Daniel not to pull him apart) and I could have cried so much...

And I want to be singing when I grow up I don't want to look like this.

I am quite active and energetic and I eat right... But I don't really seem to lose weight.

When and If I get married I will only ever love one person.I'll never get re-marrried (Hopefully).

I don't like my looks, I don't like my body, I don't like me.

Though my friends say I am really skinny... I think I couldn't get any fatter.

My looks are part of me.

Not long ago I got called fat (While I was begging Daniel not to pull him apart) and I could have cried so much...

And I want to be singing when I grow up I don't want to look like this.

I am quite active and energetic and I eat right... But I don't really seem to lose weight.

Trust me, I'm scared for my health...
I'm so sorry you feel like that... How old are you? I had image problems from the time I was 13 to maybe... now, heh, but not as bad. I used to be 5'10" and weigh 110 pounds and I thought I was SOOO fat. My friends would tell me I was skinny, but when I looked into that mirror I saw an overweight girl. Why? I don't know..

Then my body started.. changing. I wasn't that 110 pound stick-thin girl anymore... Now I'm actually 210 pounds (I was up to 230 for a while), but I don't look it. People are amazed when I tell them I weigh over 200 pounds.. they usually guess around 160.

It just shows that people will see you differently than you see yourself. It's hard to see yourself for who you REALLY are when you want to be someone else. Once you learn to accept your body and who you are, life gets a lot easier.

I'm so sorry you feel like that... How old are you? I had image problems from the time I was 13 to maybe... now, heh, but not as bad. I used to be 5'10" and weigh 110 pounds and I thought I was SOOO fat. My friends would tell me I was skinny, but when I looked into that mirror I saw an overweight girl. Why? I don't know..
Then my body started.. changing. I wasn't that 110 pound stick-thin girl anymore... Now I'm actually 210 pounds (I was up to 230 for a while), but I don't look it. People are amazed when I tell them I weigh over 200 pounds.. they usually guess around 160.

It just shows that people will see you differently than you see yourself. It's hard to see yourself for who you REALLY are when you want to be someone else. Once you learn to accept your body and who you are, life gets a lot easier.
I am 10...

My body is part of me and I accept that... I think my face is the most beautiful part of me but still I could lose a bit of weight...

I love my personality and all that but my image from the chest down really (Even my feet... They're HUGE!)

I am 10...My body is part of me and I accept that... I think my face is the most beautiful part of me but still I could lose a bit of weight...

I love my personality and all that but my image from the chest down really (Even my feet... They're HUGE!)
The fact that you love your personality is the best thing. Learning to love yourself inside is mandatory for loving yourself outside too :lol: And.. you are 10. Your body is going to go through some maaajor changes in the next few years. In 5 years, you will look back at pictures of yourself from now and you will be like 'Who IS that person!?' :)

I have big feet too... I wear a size 9.5-10. But big feet isn't necessarily bad, especially if they're pretty feet :p Hehehe.

Hi members of Tamatalk. :p It's tamagirl_desy. In health, I am learning about healthy eating and body image.........well, I want to discuss BODY IMAGE. This is an important subject.
___________________________________________________________________________________

You pick up a magizine and look at the cover. You sigh sadly as you see a famous model smiling. She has perfectly white teeth; they make your teeth seem disgusting. Her hair is so shiny and curly; compared to that, your hair looks so faded. Her face is sooo pretty; it makes you seem like an ugly zombie. And she's pin-thin too! You look down at yourself. "I'm fat!! Oh god I need to lose weight. I wanna look like that." you say to yourself. You throw down the magizine and walk away.

This is a problem. A BIG problem. It's serious. Very serious.

Media: "PARIS HILTON'S NEW LOOK: Perfect body" "New Star On The Line Becomes Beautiful!" "Two Famous Stars Take Diet: Become super skinny but So Beautiful in The Process!" Media should just shat their yaps for once. <.< When they say, "Perfect Body", they're saying that ours isn't perfect and that we have to look like that to be perfect. Well, nobody is perfect; ok? The Media makes people feel bad about themselves.

When they say, "Becomes Beautiful!" or anything along that line for that matter, will make it seem like: "They BECAME beautiful! Your not! You must BECOME beautiful!" This will put people down, and think bad things of themselves.

Now, there is one thing that is the worst thing Media can possibly do.............saying, "Stars Go On Diet: Become Very Beautiful and Thin!" What the!? Why in the world would they even MENTION this!? This send out the message: Go on a diet and become skinny and beautiful! Diets aren't that good for you when your older, and they are VERY bad when your young. :lol:

Toys: Bratz. Barbies. Practically any type of pin-thin doll with makeup and over their face gives out a bad message. I know some people love Bratz and barbies ect. but please don't go posting, "No way! Your dumb. They don't give out a wrong message. :mad:" because I don't wanna hear it.

You pick up your favourite Bratz doll. You look at her, and brush her hair. "I wish I could look like her! She's so pretty and skinny." you whisper to yourself. Presently, your parents start to notice something different about you. You don't finish your meals, barely eat any of your lunch, and you refuse to eat large portions of food.....not to mention your wearing tons of makeup all the time and tight clothes.

Those are the must commen side effects of Bratz and other dolls. You want to be just like them, don't you? Well, I sure wouldn't. I much rather be myself.

These dolls make girls think they need to lose weight, and that their supposed to look like these dolls. They think wearing makeup and skimpy clothing will make them look 'hot'. NOT. This is a lie. Ok, so maybe you'll look more perked up and you'll stand-out slightly more; but who cares? Your beautiful the way you are! :)

Oh, and just a side note: Do you ever see a fat Bratz doll or merely any doll? No. And if you do, thats VERY rare. Give yourself a pat on the back. I almost forgot......I dispise Bratz babies. I mean, come on! Thy're babies and they're wearing eye shadow and makeup! >_<'

Advertisments: "Do this diet! Lose 40 pounds!" "New Dove shampoo. *shows a beautiful model with curly, flowing hair*" "Use our shampoo and look like this! You'll have the perfect hair and perfect body. Could it get any better?" Oh please. I wanna rip advertisments like this. First of all: Don't do diets. The only dieting you should do, is simply eating well and being active. Hey, thats my new slogan: Don't do diets. Second of all, advertisments usually ALWAYS use beautiful, thin models. Would people really buy their product if they use average sized people? Uh uh. Thats what they think, anyhow. Third of all, when you see an ad saying, "Use are ******! You'll have a perfect body/hair!!" don't bother believing it. It's not true. There isn't such thing as a perfect body, and they are simply giving out a message saying that you aren't already perfect the way you are. How low can you go?

Magizines: I'm not going to bother to give you examples on this one. It's quite clear that magizines give out all the wrong messages. First off: You never see and average sized people in a magizine. Nope. They all gotta be like, 90 pounds. *sigh* I don't understand it. I never will. Magizines are one of the worst things to get people to think their fat.

Anorexia: It's where young girls starve themselves to become skinny. Becoming Anorex is very bad. It's a very bad thing, and can ruin your body for life. D: Starving yourself is never good; it will result in sleepiness, weakness, and sleepness nights. Did you know many girls die of Anorexia each year? If you know somebody who has become Anorex, you must tell somebody imeddiatly. Usually, people become Anorex because they think they are fat and ugly. Becoming skinner will make them prettier; so they think. This is not a good thing, and should be never tried.

Bulimia: This is just as bad, or maybe even worse than Anorexia. Usually Bulimia happens in young girls because they see ads and other things that make themseles think: Oh god I'm fat! Bulimia means that you don't starve yourself. Instead, after you eat, you force yourself to vomit. That way, you don't gain the pounds. This is a VERY bad thing. NEVER do it.

Not everybody has a perfect body. We are all special and beautiful! We don't need silly diets, or crazy slimming ideas. We are fine the way we are. I'm beautiful, your beautiful, she's beautiful, he's beautiful, we're beautiful, they're beautiful......everybody, everywhere. It doesn't matter that your maybe not as skinny as some of the other people you know. It's what you are inside! And everyone of us is a nice person inside, and out. So why is there so much fuss about your image? It's the inside that really counts. And in the inside; we're all beautiful.

*Tgd*
Thanks for the message...I feel so,so inspired!

Wow... that size 8 thing on the magazine is rediculous (sp)

I AM A SIZE 8 AND I AM NOT A WHALE! :lol:

I am tall for my age o_0 I am 13 (almost 14 though), 5 foot 6 (166 cm) I weigh 47 kilos (104 pounds) I used to weigh 50 kilos but i lost weight :) I try to put on weight but i cant cuz i have a really quick metabolism 0_0 if I eat a lot all i get is a fat belly that is gone as soon as I go to the toilet :p

Wow... that size 8 thing on the magazine is rediculous (sp)
I AM A SIZE 8 AND I AM NOT A WHALE! :lol:

I am tall for my age o_0 I am 13 (almost 14 though), 5 foot 6 (166 cm) I weigh 47 kilos (104 pounds) I used to weigh 50 kilos but i lost weight :) I try to put on weight but i cant cuz i have a really quick metabolism 0_0 if I eat a lot all i get is a fat belly that is gone as soon as I go to the toilet :p
*blinks* I'm a size 13 and I'm not a whale o.o'

That's one thing I hate about the media. If you're not a size 0, you're apparently overweight. >.<

I'm 5'0" and 158 lbs. If you go by BMI calculators and charts, I'm considered obese, but clothed, I don't look it.

Im a size 6. tall for my age (age-13, turning 14 in september) (5'9'') my friends all think they are fat and stuff. But everyone is different and they shouldnt think that way of them selves. yea theres a few things i dont like about myself (like my feet size....size 11!, its hard to find nice shoes in that size)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back