Body Image

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi members of Tamatalk. :) It's tamagirl_desy. In health, I am learning about healthy eating and body image.........well, I want to discuss BODY IMAGE. This is an important subject.
___________________________________________________________________________________

You pick up a magizine and look at the cover. You sigh sadly as you see a famous model smiling. She has perfectly white teeth; they make your teeth seem disgusting. Her hair is so shiny and curly; compared to that, your hair looks so faded. Her face is sooo pretty; it makes you seem like an ugly zombie. And she's pin-thin too! You look down at yourself. "I'm fat!! Oh god I need to lose weight. I wanna look like that." you say to yourself. You throw down the magizine and walk away.

This is a problem. A BIG problem. It's serious. Very serious.

Media: "PARIS HILTON'S NEW LOOK: Perfect body" "New Star On The Line Becomes Beautiful!" "Two Famous Stars Take Diet: Become super skinny but So Beautiful in The Process!" Media should just shat their yaps for once. <.< When they say, "Perfect Body", they're saying that ours isn't perfect and that we have to look like that to be perfect. Well, nobody is perfect; ok? The Media makes people feel bad about themselves.

When they say, "Becomes Beautiful!" or anything along that line for that matter, will make it seem like: "They BECAME beautiful! Your not! You must BECOME beautiful!" This will put people down, and think bad things of themselves.

Now, there is one thing that is the worst thing Media can possibly do.............saying, "Stars Go On Diet: Become Very Beautiful and Thin!" What the!? Why in the world would they even MENTION this!? This send out the message: Go on a diet and become skinny and beautiful! Diets aren't that good for you when your older, and they are VERY bad when your young. <_<

Toys: Bratz. Barbies. Practically any type of pin-thin doll with makeup and over their face gives out a bad message. I know some people love Bratz and barbies ect. but please don't go posting, "No way! Your dumb. They don't give out a wrong message. :mad:" because I don't wanna hear it.

You pick up your favourite Bratz doll. You look at her, and brush her hair. "I wish I could look like her! She's so pretty and skinny." you whisper to yourself. Presently, your parents start to notice something different about you. You don't finish your meals, barely eat any of your lunch, and you refuse to eat large portions of food.....not to mention your wearing tons of makeup all the time and tight clothes.

Those are the must commen side effects of Bratz and other dolls. You want to be just like them, don't you? Well, I sure wouldn't. I much rather be myself.

These dolls make girls think they need to lose weight, and that their supposed to look like these dolls. They think wearing makeup and skimpy clothing will make them look 'hot'. NOT. This is a lie. Ok, so maybe you'll look more perked up and you'll stand-out slightly more; but who cares? Your beautiful the way you are! :blink:

Oh, and just a side note: Do you ever see a fat Bratz doll or merely any doll? No. And if you do, thats VERY rare. Give yourself a pat on the back. I almost forgot......I dispise Bratz babies. I mean, come on! Thy're babies and they're wearing eye shadow and makeup! >_<'

Advertisments: "Do this diet! Lose 40 pounds!" "New Dove shampoo. *shows a beautiful model with curly, flowing hair*" "Use our shampoo and look like this! You'll have the perfect hair and perfect body. Could it get any better?" Oh please. I wanna rip advertisments like this. First of all: Don't do diets. The only dieting you should do, is simply eating well and being active. Hey, thats my new slogan: Don't do diets. Second of all, advertisments usually ALWAYS use beautiful, thin models. Would people really buy their product if they use average sized people? Uh uh. Thats what they think, anyhow. Third of all, when you see an ad saying, "Use are ******! You'll have a perfect body/hair!!" don't bother believing it. It's not true. There isn't such thing as a perfect body, and they are simply giving out a message saying that you aren't already perfect the way you are. How low can you go?

Magizines: I'm not going to bother to give you examples on this one. It's quite clear that magizines give out all the wrong messages. First off: You never see and average sized people in a magizine. Nope. They all gotta be like, 90 pounds. *sigh* I don't understand it. I never will. Magizines are one of the worst things to get people to think their fat.

Anorexia: It's where young girls starve themselves to become skinny. Becoming Anorex is very bad. It's a very bad thing, and can ruin your body for life. D: Starving yourself is never good; it will result in sleepiness, weakness, and sleepness nights. Did you know many girls die of Anorexia each year? If you know somebody who has become Anorex, you must tell somebody imeddiatly. Usually, people become Anorex because they think they are fat and ugly. Becoming skinner will make them prettier; so they think. This is not a good thing, and should be never tried.

Bulimia: This is just as bad, or maybe even worse than Anorexia. Usually Bulimia happens in young girls because they see ads and other things that make themseles think: Oh god I'm fat! Bulimia means that you don't starve yourself. Instead, after you eat, you force yourself to vomit. That way, you don't gain the pounds. This is a VERY bad thing. NEVER do it.

Not everybody has a perfect body. We are all special and beautiful! We don't need silly diets, or crazy slimming ideas. We are fine the way we are. I'm beautiful, your beautiful, she's beautiful, he's beautiful, we're beautiful, they're beautiful......everybody, everywhere. It doesn't matter that your maybe not as skinny as some of the other people you know. It's what you are inside! And everyone of us is a nice person inside, and out. So why is there so much fuss about your image? It's the inside that really counts. And in the inside; we're all beautiful.

*Tgd*
Sometimes they use computer imaging on the covers of those magazines so that it looks unrealistic.

I have to say, i hate the fact that Barbie/Bratz/My Scene/whatever, magazines, and basically the whole media make us think that we're really fat/ugly/whatever.

People need to begin accepting themselves and reality.

Toys: Bratz. Barbies. Practically any type of pin-thin doll with makeup and over their face gives out a bad message. I know some people love Bratz and barbies ect. but please don't go posting, "No way! Your dumb. They don't give out a wrong message. :mad:" because I don't wanna hear it.

You pick up your favourite Bratz doll. You look at her, and brush her hair. "I wish I could look like her! She's so pretty and skinny." you whisper to yourself. Presently, your parents start to notice something different about you. You don't finish your meals, barely eat any of your lunch, and you refuse to eat large portions of food.....not to mention your wearing tons of makeup all the time and tight clothes.

Those are the must commen side effects of Bratz and other dolls. You want to be just like them, don't you? Well, I sure wouldn't. I much rather be myself.

These dolls make girls think they need to lose weight, and that their supposed to look like these dolls. They think wearing makeup and skimpy clothing will make them look 'hot'. NOT. This is a lie. Ok, so maybe you'll look more perked up and you'll stand-out slightly more; but who cares? Your beautiful the way you are! <_<

Oh, and just a side note: Do you ever see a fat Bratz doll or merely any doll? No. And if you do, thats VERY rare. Give yourself a pat on the back. I almost forgot......I dispise Bratz babies. I mean, come on! Thy're babies and they're wearing eye shadow and makeup! >_<'

*Tgd*
Blech... I hate Bratz...

About the Bratz thing...I, too, am a bit disturbed by these dolls. Especially the baby ones. They are "babies" wearing tons of makeup, crop tops with their bellies hanging out(seriously creepy), and miniskirts. I know they are just dolls, but it just seems creepy to me, creating a sex symbol out of a baby or child. Talk about conveying the wrong image to the public. With as "politically correct" as society is today, you would think these dolls should be an issue, too. :)

About the Bratz thing...I, too, am a bit disturbed by these dolls. Especially the baby ones. They are "babies" wearing tons of makeup, crop tops with their bellies hanging out(seriously creepy), and miniskirts. I know they are just dolls, but it just seems creepy to me, creating a sex symbol out of a baby or child. Talk about conveying the wrong image to the public. With as "politically correct" as society is today, you would think these dolls should be an issue, too. :)
I know what you mean.... *looks at Bratz Baby and shudders*

I'm 11 and I'm actually not allowed to wear crop tops- not that I want to.... so it's a very bad example to have BABYS wearin' em! :eek:

Well, some people now are saying models are getting to skinny. And at our age's we should not need to be worryed about whether were fat or not or ugly or not. Nobody is any of those things. Everyone is perfect in their own way.

!daniwigg!

Thanks TGD for putting this up. I really appreciate it.

I am 11 years old, 5'4 and 145 lbs. Yes, it is a big size, but I could care less. People tell me I am a nice person, and it makes me feel good on the inside. Nobody has to be perfect, because perfection is an imperfection in itself... why would anyone want to look exactly like the next person when they could be totally unique?

Plus... in the fourth grade I won first prize in a countywide propaganda competition. Propaganda is essentially the art of persuasion, and after learning all the things I did, magazines, books, toys, TV ads, anywhere where you can find things like that have absoulutely no effect on me and I'm happy for it. Why should I waste my time being this person when I could be a better person? Me?

Bratz... I loathe them. Babies in makeup? How sick is that. Of course, the market wouldn't put out dolls that look like average people or ads with average people in them because nobody would then go out to buy their products and stuff... which would probably be a good thing.

And I usually try to prove that I am not a 'whale' or any other nasty comments and rude rumors by taking tests liek BMI. I've atleast helped 3 TT members by calculating their BMI for them to prove that they don't have a weight issue, unless they mean underweight. I've been called many rude things in school... some things are ruder than others, but you have to get over stuff like that. It seems that all the skinny girls with size C bras get all the attention, whereas I'm fine for getting attention for being me.

Another reason why I tend to like cyber friends better... they can only like you for your personality, not based on how thick the layer of makeup is on your face or how closely you resemble a toothpick. :)

BMI Caculator Prove to yourself that your 'overweight' body is nothing more than your brain. I'm in the Normal Weight range now. ~_^

Thanks TGD for putting this up. I really appreciate it.
I am 11 years old, 5'4 and 145 lbs. Yes, it is a big size, but I could care less. People tell me I am a nice person, and it makes me feel good on the inside. Nobody has to be perfect, because perfection is an imperfection in itself... why would anyone want to look exactly like the next person when they could be totally unique?

Plus... in the fourth grade I won first prize in a countywide propaganda competition. Propaganda is essentially the art of persuasion, and after learning all the things I did, magazines, books, toys, TV ads, anywhere where you can find things like that have absoulutely no effect on me and I'm happy for it. Why should I waste my time being this person when I could be a better person? Me?

Bratz... I loathe them. Babies in makeup? How sick is that. Of course, the market wouldn't put out dolls that look like average people or ads with average people in them because nobody would then go out to buy their products and stuff... which would probably be a good thing.

And I usually try to prove that I am not a 'whale' or any other nasty comments and rude rumors by taking tests liek BMI. I've atleast helped 3 TT members by calculating their BMI for them to prove that they don't have a weight issue, unless they mean underweight. I've been called many rude things in school... some things are ruder than others, but you have to get over stuff like that. It seems that all the skinny girls with size C bras get all the attention, whereas I'm fine for getting attention for being me.

Another reason why I tend to like cyber friends better... they can only like you for your personality, not based on how thick the layer of makeup is on your face or how closely you resemble a toothpick. <_<

BMI Caculator Prove to yourself that your 'overweight' body is nothing more than your brain. I'm in the Normal Weight range now. ~_^
Im at normal weight

5'6, 135-140 pounds I think *goes to bedroom and weighs self* Though I have alot of body fat......WHOO!

At 5'0" and 156 lbs

The result of your BMI calculation is: 30.5

BMI Category

Below 18..5 -- Underweight

18.5-24.9 -- Normal Weight

25-29.9 -- Overweight

30-39.9 -- Obese

Above 39.9 -- Morbidly Obese

I used to be at a 28.1 but I gained weight after I started living with my mom again x.X

At 5'0" and 156 lbs
The result of your BMI calculation is: 30.5

BMI Category

Below 18..5 -- Underweight

18.5-24.9 -- Normal Weight

25-29.9 -- Overweight

30-39.9 -- Obese

Above 39.9 -- Morbidly Obese

I used to be at a 28.1 but I gained weight after I started living with my mom again x.X
Im trying to loose weight o.o'' I am exactly 140 LBs XI Im 5'6... 22.4 BMI, Yay I have extra body fat XP

Im trying to loose weight o.o'' I am exactly 140 LBs XI Im 5'6... 22.4 BMI, Yay I have extra body fat XP
I seriously wouldn't worry about your weight. It's considered normal weight, so don't be stressing.

It doesn't look that bad to me MB...

Now I will refrain from embarassment by NOT posting pictures of my body fat. xDD

It doesn't look that bad to me MB...
Now I will refrain from embarassment by NOT posting pictures of my body fat. xDD
XD Do whatever you want..........

I WOULD take pictures of my body, but meh

Well heres some pictures of thy stomach fat anyways <_< Dont bother me about the tinypic thing, it refuses to upload scanned images for me >.<
First picture https://i1.tinypic.com/2vmvm34.jpg

Second Picture: BEHOLD MY STOMACH XD https://i10.tinypic.com/2hgdc9z.jpg
! Do you just take pictures of your body parts and post them on the web? xD! Don't worry MB, I have Body Fat too, but apparently I am underweight. Peh, not really lol! I'm 5'3/4 and 101 pounds. :ph34r:

Don't worry, if you are overweight, you have better things to worry about everyone!

! Do you just take pictures of your body parts and post them on the web? xD! Don't worry MB, I have Body Fat too, but apparently I am underweight. Peh, not really lol! I'm 5'3/4 and 101 pounds. :(
Don't worry, if you are overweight, you have better things to worry about everyone!
1. Your right. People have more things to worry about than being over-weight. And even if they are, SO WHAT? They are still beautiful. :ph34r:

2. Meowbark, you aren't fat. Ok? So what if you got some stomach fat there? Practically everybody does. Your beautiful. :huh: I don't think your fat; ever! Once I thought I was fat and now when I think about about it I'm like, "o_O Why did I think I was fat? Matter of fact, I was under-weight." <_<

*Tgd*

1. Your right. People have more things to worry about than being over-weight. And even if they are, SO WHAT? They are still beautiful. :huh:
2. Meowbark, you aren't fat. Ok? So what if you got some stomach fat there? Practically everybody does. Your beautiful. :( I don't think your fat; ever! Once I thought I was fat and now when I think about about it I'm like, "o_O Why did I think I was fat? Matter of fact, I was under-weight." <_<

*Tgd*
I think that is what everyone thinks! "Omg Im so fat ewg!" *Takes BMI test thing* "Omg im not! Now I can GET ON WITH MY LIFE!" lol. :ph34r:

//blackbird

! Do you just take pictures of your body parts and post them on the web? xD! Don't worry MB, I have Body Fat too, but apparently I am underweight. Peh, not really lol! I'm 5'3/4 and 101 pounds. <_<
XD I dont mind, no one knows what side of town I live on, or what County I live in......HA

I feel ugly all the time,I acctually need my boyfriend or someone to reassure me that I look ok or I need to go home and change.I hate my hair,Its corkscrew hair ><, Im too Tanned (most of its natural) And I have gaps in my teeth but I had braces to nake it better but they had to be taken out because they were hurting. And I wear glasses which makes me feel uglier <_<

But Im me and there is nothing I can Do :huh:

But other that my inperfections,I feel great! :(

And Im 5,1 and weigh 7 stone So im a bit over weight for a 13 year old,Well I think I am anyway :ph34r:

Aimme

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel ugly all the time,I acctually need my boyfriend or someone to reassure me that I look ok or I need to go home and change.I hate my hair,Its corkscrew hair ><, Im too Tanned (most of its natural) And I have gaps in my teeth but I had braces to nake it better but they had to be taken out because they were hurting. And I wear glasses which makes me feel uglier :ph34r: But Im me and there is nothing I can Do :huh:

But other that my inperfections,I feel great! :(

Aimme
I have imperfections too:

An overbite <.< I gotta get braces....

Freckles (I wish I didn't have them...)

Glasses

But oh well! <_< I don't care. I feel great and thats what counts, like you said!

*Tgd*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back