♫ PⓞP ⓜu5♩c ©1uв♫

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Good, but it really makes no sense how she can be both a social outcast and outgoing, since outgoing pretty much equals friendly and sociable.. Fix that and then I'll accept you.)

Lila giggled wildly and said, "Well, as long as we pick something that people will like, I think we'll be fine. I personally think that we should do some Lady Gaga. There are so many ways we can do her music!" She played out a few synth chords and said, "Plus, it'll give the vocalists some good fun! Oh, or maybe some Florence and the Machine? Or... THE BEATLES!" She squealed delightedly, jumping up and down with excitement. "YEAHHHHHHH!"

"Ooh! Lady Gaga!" Trent grinned. "That would be awesome too." When Lila mentioned the Beatles, Trent's grin grew bigger. "Oh! That would be totally awesome too! I mean, we could do "Let It Be" or "Black Bird"..." Trent glanced at his watch, and was shocked to see that it had already been half an hour. "Okay guys, we really need to hurry up and vote. We need to rehearse so we can't spend the rest of today brainstorming. I vote that we either sing an Alt. rock song or we sing songs by The Beatles, even though they're sorta not so popular as they used to be."

"Are you kidding? Not popular!? The Beatles are the icons of the 660s music scene! Paul McCartney's most recent concerts all sold out withing minutes-- as in, thousands of people. I vote for The Beatles! We can take them in some amazing new directions!" She raised her hand and waved it around like crazy. "Yellow Submarine! Yellow yellow yellow! WHOOOOOP!" She made a couple scratching sounds on her turntables with anticipation. "Wiki wiki wowowow...."

Jessica hadn't really been listening to the conversation and had mostly been drumming out a tune on her knees, but she was suddenly shocked back into the room by Lila's turntable. "Jesus..." she muttered, before sighing. "I vote Alt. Rock. Although if we do MCR, we'll probably get murdered by the teachers as 'MCR are an emo suicide cult of a band'". She said, making quotation marks in the air. "The Beatles were the stars of the 60s, yes. But please, it's 2011."

"What about Paramore, then?" Alysa said, standing up finally. "They're getting more popular, there's enough instuments that we can all play, and we could probably make it fit so more people can sing." She looked over Lila, raising her eyebrows. "Yeah, they're popular, but not exactly with school kids. Sadly, some people don't even know that they sang the real Yellow Submarine." She sighed, pushing her fringe back. "Yeah, we need to decide quickly, because we only have two days."

"Uh, Jessica, The Beatles are still one of the staple bands of music today. They're probably the group that most artists do covers for," Lila stated passionately, defending her band to the death. "That would be like saying Bach or Mozart were only meant for their time periods. And I don't know about you, but Mozart's "Requiem" is a kick a** piece of music. However, seeing as I'm probably the only fan of the classics, I say that Paramore is a pretty good idea."

"What about Evanescence?" Sasha called over from the piano, starting to play one of their songs. "Okay, so they're not very popular, but Bring Me To Life and My Immortal are well known." She shrugged and stopped talking, but Alysa picked up from her idea. "Bring Me To Life has a duet, but I still think Paramore. The Beatles may be a staple band, but not many of their songs are well known anymore. Paramore are really popular at the minute, though. Just al long as we don't do a Twilight song."

(fixed, Runner. Didn't even notice I put both : P I guess that's what happens when you forget to re-read your form before posting it)

(K Kutchipatchi you're accepted now)

"Hmm.. Evanesence, maybe. But I think if we did "Playing God" Paramore or "Only Exception" Paramore, we would be better off. I've heard those on the local #1 Hits station, though they were always back at #6 or #8 on the playlist," Trent added. "Okay, so should we do Paramore? It works well for you two," He stopped for a moment to gesture with his finger to Sarah and Lila, "And it's alt rock, so it's fine by Jessica standards. I think. Alright, so, any other last minute opinions?" Trent glanced around the room. "Speak now, or else we're going with Paramore."

Sasha shrugged. "I don't really mind. All I need to know is if I'm playing piano or singing or what." Alysa smirked, glancing at Jessica. "I'm not sure if Jessica will be completely happy with the choice, but whatever. At least some of their songs have a decent bass line. Well, The Only Exception doesn't, but I'm sure we could tweak it to add it." She grabbed her bass guitar again, pulling the strap over her shoulder and grabbing a plectrum. She started playing a random riff, almost in the tune of The Only Exception.

Trent complimented Alysa's bass rendition of "The Only Exception". "Hey, that sounds pretty good." Right, so, if we're gonna do this, I'd better go looking for the sheet music... If any of you guys need it. Oh, and Jess, if you don't like Paramore, then you can pick another song to play, since we'll probably have more than enough time to play three songs."

"Thanks..." Alysa said, muting the strings with her palm. She frowned. "To the internet? I'm not sure whether there's offical sheet music for it or anything, so I guess the internet is the place to go." She looked back down at her bass, turning the peg slightly to tune it. Sasha finaly stood up from in front of the piano, flicking her hair behind her shoulders. "I still think we should do Birng Me To Life at some point...I dunno. It has lots of instruments." She shrugged, biting her lip.

"Let's just focus on the one song we've picked. I'm sure I'll live for now." Jessica said slowly, glaring at Alysa. She swivelled around on her stool, coming out from behind the drum kit. "I'm pretty sure there'll be a solid piece of sheet music for drums. It's just a matter of finding it. As for singing, well, isn't it always that girl who sings?"

"Hey! What about me? I don't have anything to play because Jessica is all moody with the Drums, and I don't know if I am singing or anything." Zack replied. Zack started mumbling to himself as he walked out the room. "I'm going to the Bathroom!" He exclaimed. Then Zack came back. He saw Jessica leaving the Drums, so as soon as Jessica came out of the Drum Set, Zack ran right passed her to the Drums. Then he got his Drumsticks from his pocket and started Drumming like mad! Zack was happy he got to play. Then he started thinking: "Maybe, at the Lunch Performance, If I come early, I could play Drums instead of Jessica! Okay I need to keep that in mind." Zack was pumped and started Drumming again.

"Well, yeah," Alysa said, shrugging. "But we could always mix it up and make it a duet, if we're making it more rock than acoustic anyway." She sighed, muting her bass again. "It's a love song anyway, so the lyrics could be teaked just a little bit to make it a duet, anyway. Besides, it'll keep people on the edge of their seat or whatever." Sasha shuffled over slighty so she could lean on the wall. She looked down, staring at the corset pattern on her t-shirt.

After a few minutes worth of surfing the Internet, Trent eventually managed to find sheet music for The Only Exception and Playing God. "Kay guys, found sheet music. Alright, lemme print it. Soeone go run down to the library and get it. .. Ah, actually, I guess I can go get it. Be right back." Trent ran off to go get the sheet music off the printer in the library. He took it off the printer and then ran back to the room 504.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lila took the sheet music from his hands as soon as he walked back in. Recalling the riff that Alysa played, she transcribed it onto the sheet, writing in the notes and rhythms correctly. Being trained in a music school, she had learned how to write music on staff paper. "This has basic piano accompaniment," Lila explained while pacing around the room and examining the music. "But it doesn't provide accompaniment for other instruments except for the vocal melody. Now, we can easily add some harmony in here, like thissssssss..." She went to the melody line and added more notes. "And it should sound pretty good. I think as we practice more I can transcribe more of it and then scan copies for everyooooone!" She grinned with childish delight, then tucked her pencil behind her ear.

Delilah chewed on her pen cap. She didn't mind paramore, and lots of people did know who they were. "Hey guys... do you think I could sing? I think the songs are low enough." She started humming the first verse of Playing God. She didn't know the songs lyrics too well so she grabbed a piece of sheet music to look at them. They seemed simple enough.

Sasha looked back at Delilah, a small frown on her face, then she shrugged and turned back to the piano, dropping onto the seat and trying to play the bass line Alysa had played. Alysa shrugged, looking over Lila's shoulder. "Does this mean we're only doing The Only Exception, then? Unless you can make another load of sheet music for Playing God..." She squinted at the tabs, playing the bass softly on her own red one. She stood back, playing the same line over and over again to stick it in her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back