♫ PⓞP ⓜu5♩c ©1uв♫

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Readyyyyy!" Lila called, adjusting her synth machine and then nodding. She looked over at Zack and Jess and made an "oh crap this is awkward" face. She wasn't sure who should get to play drums. On one hand, Zack really wanted it, but on the other, Jess was amazing, and she had already called dibs. With a sigh, she flicked a few switches on the machine, starting with a plain synth intro, a few chords ringing through the air, sounding like bells.

"Ready." Jessica said, her face settling into a look of concentration as she readied herself, only moving to change the sheet music over to the other song. Then, deciding everyone was ready, she started drumming out the main rhythm of the song to count people in. "One. Two. One two three four!" she shouted before leaping into the song, now playing the actual notes she was supposed to.

Lila played along as well, staring down at her synth machine with concentration, chewing her lower lip and furrowing her brows. She seemed to sway side to side with the music as she played, becoming one with the song. She even hummed under her breath, feeling calm and peaceful. It was completely different from how she was when she wasn't making music.

This time, since he had had enough time to analyze the sheet music, he was playing a lot better. Trent played, strumming along to the melody and playing chords. This was awesome- the music sounded awesome and it was great how well all of them were playing. He shut his eyes, allowing himself to be completely submerged by the melody and his guitar. He slowly opened one eye to glance around the room at everyone else, and saw most of them also looked to be deep in concentration and submerged in the music.

OOC: I'm changing my Instrument! From Drums, to Electric Keyboard

Zack waited until he had a chance to join in. Then he started jamming on his Electric Keyboard. Then the band sounded really good. Especially with Lila synthesizing. When they finished, Zack got up and went to the bathroom again. As soon as he left the Room he tripped. Goes to show how clumsy Zack is. Everybody got up and started walking over to Zack. "Umm, are you okay?" and "Let me pick you up!". "Oops! Sorry I hope I didn't disturb you guys. Okay, I'm going to the Bathroom now. And no, I don't need someone to make sure I don't trip again. Okay? Baii!" Zack said as he got up. He went to the Bathroom, marked his territory, and ran back to Room 504. "Okay, so how 'bout we practice it again?" Zack exclaimed as he started scrolling through the Electric Keyboard effects. "I'm ready! Jessica! Count us in!"

"Ready." Delilah chimed in. When the music started she sang her part. Her voice coming out as deep and graceful as it always did. Of course she did sing some sour notes, the ones that were to high for her to reach. She would need a duet partner for sure.

(Hold on...Isn't The Only Exception quite high, especially in the bridge?)

Alysa muted her strings when Jessica counted, starting up the tune again so she was in time with everyone else. She winced when Delilah made a couple of errors, screwing up her face before catching herself and staring at her music sheet again. She rocked back and forth slightly as she played, keeping her own beat. Sasha chewed on her lip, looking down at her t-shirt and picking at the hem of it.

Everybody got up and started walking over to Zack. "Umm, are you okay?" and "Let me pick you up!".
(Okay, emzz, do not control other peoples charries. Listen, this is harsh, but really, if you make me have to correct you on anything or warn you again, I'm kicking you out. Oh, and kutchipatchigrl, please keep in mind posts have to at least be 3 lines, so you need to type a bit more from now on)

Flinching at the errors Delilah made, Trent waited until they finished the song to comment. "Okay, Delilah, I dunno if "The Only Exception" is a really good choice for your voice, especially at the high parts. The only issue is, you're the only one willing to sing out of the girls in this club, so..." Trent sighed. "Well, uh, does any brave girl wanna duet with Delilah to try to make it sound better? Whoever volunteers gets treated a free taco from the taco place, courtesy of me."

(I need to keep track of the posts. Sorry. It's just that I didn't see that post at the time when I replied...)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Free taco?" Lila squeed. "I could try to sing the duet part or something! I mean, my voice is a bit rusted, but it's always good to try something new, right?" She turned off her synth machine for a couple minutes to try and cool it down a bit. "I mean, if that's okay. In choir at my old school I was a soprano 1, so I don't think the notes would be a problem. I was a chorus member in Oklahoma!" She giggled with delight, then added, "But if anyone else wants to try for the duet part, that's good too."

Trent thought for a moment, looking down and allowing his fingertips to lightly slide down the strings of his guitar before he looked up, at Sasha. "Sasha, you said that you could do it earlier, but do you still wanna? Both of you are sorta iffy on it, but we kinda need to know who's gonna duet with Delilah now. Which one of you wants to do it the most? Actually, which of you can sing higher? Sasha, vocalwise, what were you again?"

Sasha looked up from her t-shirt, shrugging. "I suppose I could...Yeah." She stood up, sstretching her back and psuhing her hair behind her shoulders. "Mezzo-sporano. This songis petty much in the centre of my range. As long as there's no long notes or something, then I'm good..." She shrugged again. "I could always work on my breathing by the performance, though."

Lila said, "I just wanted the taco, to be honest. I'm cool with not singing it. Sasha can do it!" She giggled with delight, then turned on her synth machine again, humming softly under her breath. She shook out her hair and then took a few deep breaths, part of her pre-playing routine. She had to get herself in the zone, the mindset that she always used whenever she wanted to play her best. She wiggled her fingers to warm them up, then stretched and leaned backwards.

"Okay, so that's decided. Now we just need someone to sing "Playing God" since we haven't decided on the vocals for that yet." Trent's mouth curved into a small smile as he continued to lightly randomly strum his guitar, this time playing the melody to "Welcome to Paradise". "Say... Offtopic, but ya' know, how 'bout this- so, if our performance goes well, after school, I'll treat everybody to tacos. How about it?"

"Tacos?" Jessica couldn't help but allowed her mouth to curve up in a small smile. "Seeing as I'm not gonna take the bribe for singing... I'm in. Tacos all round it is." Then she paused, thinking. Big group. Going out together. The smile faded. "Actually, I'll skip." She said slowly. "And you can't drag me into coming either." She started lightly tapping on the cymbal. "Okay. One more round of 'Playing God' trying people out on vocals?"

Grinning, Steven said, "Ooh, Jessica, you don't want to go out to have tacos with all of us? That's too bad. Anyway." His grin faded, and in it's place was his regular serious face. "Yeah. Alright people, let's do this." Trent sat up all the way, and fingered the strings for the first chord of "Playing God". "Okay, ready.. One.. Two.. Three!" Trent began to play, and having already rehearsed this once instrumentally earlier, made less errors than he did last time.

Zack was tuning his Electric Keyboard. Then he heard Trent counting everyone in. Zack started joinng in too, and the band sounded good. Jessica, Lila, Trent, and everyone else were awesome. "Now we just need to get more people...," Zack thought. Not soon after, they were finished playing the song. "Oh, Tacos! May I come too?," Zack exclaimed. "I'm totally free today."

(Uh...How did Zack tune his keyboard? They don't ever need tuning.)

Alysa switched around her sheets quickly, scanning the notes as fast as she could so she had a vague idea about what to play. She shifted her strap, then jumped and stated playing when Jessica counted down. Sasha sat back down, with nothing to do during this song. Instead, she turned around and grabbed a music book from the table beside her and turned to a random page, propping it up on the stand behind the keys of the piano.

(Emzz, you're not a terrible Rper, you've gotten better, but the thing is, you probably shouldn't be trying to join literate RPs, which like I told you in chat yesterday, require you to be experienced in RPing. Sorry, but I'm kicking you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back