♫ PⓞP ⓜu5♩c ©1uв♫

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Of course I can do both. But we need to practice so I can hear what sounds like it fits and what doesn't." She transcribed more of the vocal harmony, then started editing the words to fit a duet. "I think the duet idea would be AMAZING! That way, it makes sense to add vocal harmony into the chorus. Plus, it gives more vocalists a chance." She then looked at the music for Playing God and added some vocal harmonies into that as well.

Jessica simply watched Zack, slightly wide eyed. "Dude. What the f--k?" She said, glancing around at the others to see what they made of everything. As they went over to look at the sheet music, Jess preferred to stay where she was, leaning against the wall and folding her arms. "Is there drum music in that pile you printed off, Trent? I won't need any lyrics, because I refuse to sing. I'm just gonna play drums."

Giving Jessica a look that said Just kick him off since the drum set is yours and he needs to get his own before saying, "Umm... Lemme see.. Here." Trent handed a sheet to Jessica. "Just to let you know guys, the only legal one here is "The Only Exception". I pretty much went on an illegal upload site and got "Playing God", so be grateful. And Alysa, here." Handing a sheet to her, Trent sat back on in his seat and put his guitar strap back over him. "K guys, rehearsal time."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Fun," Alysa said, taking the sheet music and backing away so she could drop it on a music stand. "So the police could be joining our audience?" She grinned, practicing the top line a few times. "Okay, if it's a duet, who's the guy and who's the girl? Unless it's just a duet for harmonies and stuff." She frowned, then shrugged it off, playing the notes again. Sasha swiveled around in her seat, resting her chin on her hand and watching the others.

Jessica instantly understand Trent's look and gave a quick nod of understanding as she accepted the sheet music, quickly reading the first few lines before moving over to the drum kit. "Alright, artist boy, move." She said, sliding onto the drum stool once again and easily pushing Zack off onto the floor. Giving a small smirk of satisfaction, Jessica leant forwards and position the music. "Rehersal time. Bear with me, guys, I'm having to completly site read here." Glancing around, Jessica decided to get the ball rolling and count them all in. "One. Two. One two three four!"

"I dunno, but there's this part in the background of "Playing God" when you can hear the male members of Paramore singing, so I guess me and Zack could cover that part." Caught a little off guard by Jessica's sudden cue to play, Trent quickly began to play, trying his best to follow the notes on the sheet music he had only looked at for about a minute. He screwed up on one note, but bit his lip and kept playing.

Alysa jumped at Jessica's cue, rolling her shoulder to hitch the strap of her bass up in the little time she had. She started playing, rocking side-to-side while she did. "Okay, you can sing," she said, her voice slightly lost in the music. "But who's the female going to be? Someone good." Sasha sighed, pulling a sheet of music towards her and reading the guitar tune. "Am I playing piano? Is there even piano in this?"

When they reached the last chorus, Trent had already gotten a hang of playing the chorus so he didn't have to take up all of his concentration to get the notes right so he could talk. "So who volunteers to sing the main part of "Playing God"? I'm thinking we have a female duet since nobody here can sing as well as Hayley Williams, and it would sound better to have two voices singing together."

Lila warmed up her synth and added chords and synth riffs into the background, humming along with the melody, then looked up when Trent asked a question. "Well, I'm not really much of a singer, so I think it would be best if you didn't get me to sing. Seriously." She kept fiddling with different sounds and chords, her musical intuition making it easy for her to figure things out. "I'm thinking, if we keep up like this, we'll be ready in no time at all!" She giggled excitedly, then grinned at everyone.

Jessica didn't get caught up in the conversation that had sprung up among the music, concentrating on the pretty much made up drum part for the song. She finally spoke when she had played her last little bit, but decided not to answer the singing question. "I think this went pretty well. For a first time. Shall we go again or have a go at the other song." She played the first line again, but only quietly. "I don't really care."

"Again, I could do it. But I really want to do The Only Exception and I don't think it would be fair for other people if I did two. That is, if you guys are okay with me singing that one..." Delilah scribbled things down in her notebook. She would have to practice her vocal range when she got home if they let her sing it. If not, she could always play her guitar.

Flynn sighed and laid back in his chair as he played the final note of "Playing God". "That went pretty well, for the most part. Alright. I guess since nobody else volunteered to sing "The Only Exception", I guess you can do that one, Delilah. Anyway, so, Alysa, Sasha- well, either of you want to sing "Playing God"? We need to decide soon- and by that, I mean NOW."

"What?" Sasha asked, looking up, for she had been staring at her feet and just listening to everyone playing. "I dunno...I don't realy mind what I do. As long as I can actually do it. I wouldn't mind singing." Alysa shook her head. "Nooo. I'll happily stay with n instrument, thanks...yeah, I guess that run through was good. We mind need to tweak it a bit, but it was good." She frowned at the music, then looked at Delilah. "Doesn't The Only Exception go a bit high, though?"

Zack started getting up and then walked over to a big figure covered in a cloth. "Okay, I'll cover that part. Just let me.." Zack took off the cloth and found uncovered another Drum Set. "Ooh! White! I guess I'll be playing this! Now Jessica wont be the only one with Drums!" Zack stepped in the Drum set and called the Band Director, asking him if he could use the Drums. "Sure, just don't spit on it!" He said. "Okay! Baii!" Zack replied. "Umm okay, I guess Trent and I could cover that part." Zack started waiting until he had a chance to join in. Soon, the part where he and Trent started to sing. Then he started singing then played the Drums. He kept going, until his part was over. The he kept playing Drums, pretending he was n a competition with Jessica. Then soon, they finished. Flynn started talking about something they needed to cover now, but Zack ignored him. Zack started drawing again, bored.

"Maybe we could change the key?" She moved her capo to the first fret of the guitar. "Because it's not that high, and when I get home I'm planning to try to stretch my range a bit." She ran her fingers through her hair to get rid of the frizz. She then had another idea. Or somebody could help me with those parts. We could make it a duet!"

"We already decided on that," Alysa said, rolling her eyes at Delilah. "I don't know...whatever." She shrugged, turning to stare at her sheet music again and start playing, quieter this time. Sasha sighed, swiveling back around after deciding not to add to the conversation further. She started playing, a random piece that she rememebred from her lessons.

(A bit of a sueish way to get a drumset, emzz, but eh.. And btw, the rehearsal was already over and they did it without singing parts since they hadn't decided yet)

"How about you sing "Playing God" then, Sasha?" Trent got himself out of his slumped position in the chair and then put his hand back on the guitar. "Let's face it, us guys can't sing the main vocals of Paramore songs at all since that would just sound weird. Hayley Williams has a sorta deep voice, but not guy-who-went-through-puberty deep."

Lila was scribbling away on her sheet music, adding in lines for the other parts and instruments. "Okay... I think I have a basic idea of what we're doing here." She experimented with some synth sounds, then mixed them with some of her beatboxing, her mouth making sounds of echoes and machinery. Then she started humming Bulletproof by La Roux, and doing her own things for that. "Guys, I'm so pumped for our concert!" She squealed, clapping her hands together with delight. "We're gonna be AWESOME!!!!!"

Jessica simply raised an eyebrow at Zack. "Zack. Haven't you learnt I'M on drums for this yet?" While the others talked and beatboxed, Jessica just sat there, silently fuming, until Lila squealed and made her jump. She decided to speak then, drumming on her leg. "So... do you think we have time to try the other song or go over this one again? I have no idea. what time it is, my phone does." Jess said, scowling.

Trying his best to ignore the tension between Zack and Jess, Trent darted a quick glance down at his wristwatch. "It's currently.. 4:10. We've been here for almost an hour now. Anyway, we better go over "The Only Exception" since we haven't gone over that yet, and we should hurry up and decide on vocals since we only have today and tomorrow to finish rehearsal." Trent put his hands over the strings of his guitar and then called out, "Ready, everybody?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back