Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I play on the European version (Lets Go To The City) and today got the red pimkin hat in a letter from Nintendo - delivered by hand from Pete (who was standing outside my door when I started up the game this morning).

It looks fierce good with the fiendish shirt :)

If you want the Red Pimkin hat and you have the European version you need to choose to connect with the Nintendo24 option (it is in your wii system settings).

Edit: (see post below)

yep - you need to choose that wii setting option BEFORE you start up your game for the day's play. (Apparently, you also need to have made at least one trip to the city since you first started playing the game).

Last edited by a moderator:
^ With the connect with the Nintendo24 option thingy, you need to do that before starting up the game, right?

Otherwise Pete won't give you the hat?

Cheats. Simply put. If he played the right way, it's physically impossible to get money for all that. End of story :]
I <3 the game-it's amazingly fun.
Or you could create the biggest amount possible fruit orchard, and harvest it for 200,000 bells every three days. Very reliable, but it's not exactly the quickest way xD

Cecib :D

Umm... How do you make A LOT of Money? I sell in my peaches and I really wanna visit someones town over wifi. It connects to wifi and says that I need to register someone and they gotta register me? I don't get it... Oh yeah! I sell discovered fossils (after Blathers identify them) and peaches to Tom Nook but I only end up get 2000 something bells... can someone please exchange fcs with me so I can hang out with y'all at your town? My FC is in my SIGGY!!! ;)

Yay, Flea Market. :3

I hardly bought anything though... Saving my bells for the mortgage. Dx

Oh, & the Balloon Guy has been at the City 4 times in a row. ;O

I hardly ever used to get him.

Umm... How do you make A LOT of Money? I sell in my peaches and I really wanna visit someones town over wifi...
Maybe you should try to get different fruit growing in your town. It sells for more bells (500 per fruit instead of 100 per fruit I think).

Write a letter to one of your animals and include a peach as a present.

The letter should look something like this:

Dear (Animals Name)

Fruit

Fruit

Fruit

from (your name)
This kind of letter normally gets a reply with a different kind of fruit as a gift.

Don't just plant the new fruit anywhere. To guarantee that the tree will grow, shake (and sell) a peach tree. Cut it down and plant the new fruit in exactly the same spot. In 3 days you will have a new fruit tree with 3 fruits. Shake the new fruits and do the same again - replace all your peaches like this.

Soon you will make a lot of money shaking new fruit trees and selling them for 500 each. It takes a little time, but you can get lots of money this way
Don't forget to clear your beach of shells - even the ones that don't get much money - it makes room for coconuts to wash up on your shores. Don't sell coconuts to Nook - plant them (in the ground one space behind the ground/sand line). They also sell for 500 bells each.

Do palm trees grow in February or am I just wasting my time?

I time traveled to March because I got sick of Feb's fish and wanted some bugs for the museum (yes, I'm impatient). In March I found a coconut. I took it back to Feb with me and planted it near the shore (it was in the right place). Well the next day the sapling was dead.

So did I just do something wrong or do they not grow in February? o.o;

Do palm trees grow in February or am I just wasting my time?
I time traveled to March because I got sick of Feb's fish and wanted some bugs for the museum (yes, I'm impatient). In March I found a coconut. I took it back to Feb with me and planted it near the shore (it was in the right place). Well the next day the sapling was dead.

So did I just do something wrong or do they not grow in February? o.o;
Yeah, they grow all year round.

Hm... I always plant mine where the sand meets the dirt. & they always grow there.

Oh, & they can't be too near any other objects, i.e. houses, rocks or another palm tree.

If you're doing all those things then there really isn't any reason they shouldn't grow. Maybe if you keep trying it'll work. ^^

~ x3,February 22, 2009 01:03 pm] Yeah, they grow all year round.
Hm... I always plant mine where the sand meets the dirt. & they always grow there.

Oh, & they can't be too near any other objects, i.e. houses, rocks or another palm tree.

If you're doing all those things then there really isn't any reason they shouldn't grow. Maybe if you keep trying it'll work. ^^
Weird o.o; That's exactly where I planted it, and I made sure it wasn't around anything. I even picked up the shells in the area.

I've never had problems planting them before, lol.

Thanks ^.^

I'll just have to keep trying.

Weird o.o; That's exactly where I planted it, and I made sure it wasn't around anything. I even picked up the shells in the area.
I've never had problems planting them before, lol.

Thanks ^.^

I'll just have to keep trying.
the only other thing I can think of is that where you planted it might count as an "edge" or "step down" or "small drop" or "cliff".

I made the mistake of planting a coconut on one of those little points of land that juts out into the sea and in the CF game (unlike Wild World) you can't walk straight across the edge of the point of land right onto the sand.

It's like a step down onto the beach and you have to go around it. (Not explaining this well... hope that makes sense). Anyhoo - my coconut tree was at the edge of one of these steps down onto the sand and it wouldn't grow there.

As soon as I planted it one space away from any edges, steps or drops into the sea, it grew :)

I think I know what you're talking about. Like an edge between the beach and a jet of land?

If so it wasn't near there either XD

I'm thinking I just fail at coconuts, lol.

The only other thing I can think of is it was snowing, but snow = rain and trees like rain xP

YES. THE SNOW IS GONEEE.

:DDD

I think it went... Wednesday?

:D

I hate the added feature where your grass wears down when you run on it. >:[

It's stupid, who actually likes seeing the ugly orange dirt in place of where grass should be?

I hate the added feature where your grass wears down when you run on it.

It's ******, who actually likes seeing the u**y orange dirt in place of where grass should be?
I know... it sucks... anyways what is the ''cheat'' that everyone is talking 'bout? ya know about the bells/money.

-Turtwig011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back