Are Tama's Alive?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think of them as Alive but if Alive is what I think it means, I don't think they are.

I always talk to them, Think up funny Personalities for them, Tell them about my Day if they haven't been with me, Take them to see stuff, Set them up in front of the TV so they Can see.

So Yeah, I think them as Alive.

I guess it's up to you what you think.

I always have my tamagotchi on me, and I do treat it like I'd treat a pet, and when they die it's kinda sad :unsure:

They're quite alive to me ;)

I love my tama like my family and a good owner should too!!! :D :huh: :huh:

I like to think they are alive, but part of me knows they aren't. x]

But, we treat our Tama's like they are alive, so why not? :D

~ Bethiee. :]

well..to tell you all the truth...i actually love my tamagotchi pets with my heart..

sometimes i talk to them..like if they were a real life animal like :"are you hungry, you seem bored, awww"

XD

or i think of them as "what if this tamagotchi was someone you love! and you cant let it die!"

so, that makes me feel like i have to take care of it.

its pretty fun. it makes me feel young...it makes me feel like im back in the past, childhood, the best times in life.

i think of them as the virtual form of a real person. so sometimes its funny when they die. thats just me...

A while ago, there was a topic a lot like this. I'm not saying you copied or anything, because that topic is long gone. I'm happy to see this question again, because I can give the same answer I gave last time: yes. I know some of you could give me tons of reasons why tamagotchi aren't alive: debugging, how they're made, their "insides" and all those other things. They don't breathe, talk to use, or walk. But what IS alive, really? Is alive only alive in the way we understand it? I know that tamagotchi were made by someone in Japan as a new toy targeted at high school girls, but to me they're more than that. When I look at my tama (who is right next to me) I cannot believe he's just a hunk of pixels.Another point: in way, don't we make tamagotchi COME alive? We give them personalities, tell stories about them, talk to them (at least I do!), and many other things. Have we given tamagotchi life? Have we turned them from pixel pets into creatures, alive in their own way that we cannot understand right now and maybe never will? I think we have. You can have any opinions you want, but these are mine. Thanks for listening to me ramble on and on. :p

<3,

tulip (and my tamagotchi GBP, or Green Bay Packers :D )
That's deep, lol, but I totally agree with you.

When I look at my tama [Hanging off of my finger] I can't help but be proud of myself for raising it [Like a mother]

I guess in that sense, their like our children, at least to me.

So yes, I do think their alive.

Yea, I kinda do. On a v3 put your ear up to the back of it and you can hear a kind of heartbeat thing. I take my tams wherever I go and I check them like crazy. People may call me wierd, but yes, I think tamas have a state of life. I think they have emotions and feelings, but I might just be crazy.

I'd like to say yes, but I'm going to say no, they're not alive. I mean, if they are alive...how many times have we all committed murder??!!! :huh:

I think they are...I mean I've only had one die before the others batteries are just dead... so yeah. All four of my tama's are here beside me and i love them very much... bella was a mishap because something happened and i was able to eat balls and skirts and and yeah i kept scrolling and the screen froze... i reset it and it reset itself and i couldnt hit download... :) pm me if you know what happened but yeah i think that spike, greg, emily, and hope are all alive in a good sense...

THEY ARE ALIVE I TALK TO MY TAMA HE EVEN LETS ME SEE WHAT HE DOES AT WORK BYE A SPEICAL TV OF CORSE THERE ALIVE AND LET ME TELL U THIS IT IS TURE BANDI IS NOT A TOY COMPAIE IT IS A UNDERCOVER TAMAGOTCHI KIDDNAPPING SOCIATY TAMAGOTCHIS ARE ALIVE AND THERE REAL

They are real ro some of us.They deserve the care we get.They have lives too and if you don't understnd that you don't know have to take cae of a tama.

A while ago, there was a topic a lot like this. I'm not saying you copied or anything, because that topic is long gone. I'm happy to see this question again, because I can give the same answer I gave last time: yes. I know some of you could give me tons of reasons why tamagotchi aren't alive: debugging, how they're made, their "insides" and all those other things. They don't breathe, talk to use, or walk. But what IS alive, really? Is alive only alive in the way we understand it? I know that tamagotchi were made by someone in Japan as a new toy targeted at high school girls, but to me they're more than that. When I look at my tama (who is right next to me) I cannot believe he's just a hunk of pixels.Another point: in way, don't we make tamagotchi COME alive? We give them personalities, tell stories about them, talk to them (at least I do!), and many other things. Have we given tamagotchi life? Have we turned them from pixel pets into creatures, alive in their own way that we cannot understand right now and maybe never will? I think we have. You can have any opinions you want, but these are mine. Thanks for listening to me ramble on and on. :p

<3,

tulip (and my tamagotchi GBP, or Green Bay Packers :D )
I totally agree with Tulip. :)

Biologically, no.

However, they do provide all of [and more] the qualities and features of having a pet without having to worry about it really dying.

Also, everyone likes to pretend once in a while.

Especially us older tama owners who love being reminded of their childhoods.

I agree, if the definition of "Alive" is what I think we are talking about then we are on 2 different pages x3

but yeah, I'm not going to neglect it, thats like neglecting to clean your room or neglecting your other pets well maybe not as serious but hopefully you get the point! :furawatchi: I treat just like some of you have said take it with me everywhere sometimes prop the egg up to watch some television if I remember x)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back