Chat speak on tamatalk forums + Random pms

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like/agree chat speak/random pms and random friend requests/over-use of smilies?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What?

• Yes, it's much easier.

• It annoys me.

• Yes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sometimes chat speak because I forget I not in a chat room with my friends. But I'm trying to use good grammar.
Yes, I do agree that chat speak is annoying but only when people over do it and for some people don't understand those abbreviations(such as lol).

For random PMs, I never had one but if I did it would be annoying.

The overuse of smilies sometimes annoy me and I bet it annoys a lot of other people too.

Anime_fan1
over use of chat speak is annoying,and I love your avatar, I'm a furuba fan.

Ok, I'm getting off subject here so, yeah. Anyway atleast you don't really do it on purpose, it takes getting used to if you are accustom to chats and not forums, I remember when I was 7 years old I was used to the aol Kids only chats, and then I became 11 and started to join more forums, after a while the grammer sort of became natural, and bad grammer became a bit annoying, but atleast you're trying, it took me a week or two before I started to type out full words, of course the only chat speak I used before then was "Lol", "Asl", "r u?", and the "Omg, zomg,". I also used 2 instead of too or to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chat Speak and 1337

I agree. It makes people look lazy when they don't type properly, and talk like this: "hi wat up homie? im kool u? i jus got outta skool. ya skool suks!! SO YA!" It gets really annoying, and just proves this person is too lazy to type properly. Learn to spell, ok? :D Speeking in leet (h1 w4a7 u9?) is very annoying and shouldn't be used on Tamatalk.

Overuse of Smilies

I agree. Although, using alot of smilies spread out is ok. I sometimes use alot of smilies in my post, but I only put one where I feel nessicary. :D See. Thats my feeling, and how I'm feeling like. But putting:

:) :D :D :( :D ;) <-lovin da smilies (lol RM)

is annoying. :D

My opinion, based on other opinions from other forums

Lol. I do typos alot of the time, because I type super fast. Though, if I find a whole bunch of typos after I've posted, I go back and edit. It's that simple! Making silly mistakes like spelling school 'skool' is just plain laziness. People know how to spell school, unless they are in kindergarten or something. :p

Random PMS and Random Friend Requests

Actually, I don't mind this. :D So I have to disagree with you. I love getting random PM's/friend requests from people. It doesn't bother me. It actually makes me feel good to know somebody wants to become my friend, even if they choose a random person. :eek:

LOL (the famous phrase)

I like using 'Lol'. But I don't use it like lololololololololol becuase I think thats going a bit too extreme. ;)

*Tgd*

over use of chat speak is annoying,and I love your avatar, I'm a furuba fan.
Ok, I'm getting off subject here so, yeah. Anyway atleast you don't really do it on purpose, it takes getting used to if you are accustom to chats and not forums, I remember when I was 7 years old I was used to the aol Kids only chats, and then I became 11 and started to join more forums, after a while the grammer sort of became natural, and bad grammer became a bit annoying, but atleast you're trying, it took me a week or two before I started to type out full words, of course the only chat speak I used before then was "Lol", "Asl", "r u?", and the "Omg, zomg,". I also used 2 instead of too or to.
Thank you for the compliment!

Its the same for me, I used to chat speak till I became 10. For me, its the way of life.

Anyways I just got a random PM and it was from a new member. What I hate is when people PM other people to join a RP.

I really don't mind Random pms!

Pm me if you want!

I also dont find smilies annoying! They're cute!!!!

I dont really care about chatspeak either! I use it alot! lol! hehe! :( :)

My point is that different people have diff. opinions! So please dont complain! :eek: ;) If u know what I mean....

Thank you for the compliment!
Its the same for me, I used to chat speak till I became 10. For me, its the way of life.

Anyways I just got a random PM and it was from a new member. What I hate is when people PM other people to join a RP.
That is annoying as well, why can't they post, it takes less time.

I really don't mind Random pms!Pm me if you want!

I also dont find smilies annoying! They're cute!!!!

I dont really care about chatspeak either! I use it alot! lol! hehe! :D :p

My point is that different people have diff. opinions! So please dont complain! ;) :p If u know what I mean....
I'm not, I sharing my opinion. I don't find the smilies annoying, except for when you over use them. They are cute other wise, and lol is fine. But on forums, over use of it can get quite annoying. I understand that different people have different opinions, but I am sharing mine and learning of others opinions. So if you think I was complaining, I could say the same thing about your post, I could say you were complaining because I didn't have the same opinion, or something in that catagory, no offense, just trying to make a point, I'm not trying to satrt an argument ^_^

(or any other post for that matter)

1337- well, ive never seen it before. sorry :3

chat speak: well, it does get annoying, i suppose, but i dont mind if people shorten words a little bit. i use OMG for instance so i dont mind if someone doesnt spell out 'oh my god.' its hardly used. i am more annoyed by, 'OMGGGGGG, REALLLLYYYYY!!!!!!?????!! I DIDNT KNO THAT THATS SO COOL!!!11!' there are many ways to sound immature without chat speak. or [SIZE=21pt] typing in really really big font, thats annoying.[/SIZE]

i posted a topic on if the number of smilies per post could be lowered, and generally people said 'i dont see this often and pretty much only newbies do this. theyre testing out tamatalk.'

i dont mind if random people want to talk to me for any reason.

since tamatalk is made up of generally younger audiences, i can understand if people act that way. i just want nothing to do with them.

1337- well, ive never seen it before. sorry :3chat speak: well, it does get annoying, i suppose, but i dont mind if people shorten words a little bit. i use OMG for instance so i dont mind if someone doesnt spell out 'oh my god.' its hardly used. i am more annoyed by, 'OMGGGGGG, REALLLLYYYYY!!!!!!?????!! I DIDNT KNO THAT THATS SO COOL!!!11!' there are many ways to sound immature without chat speak. or [SIZE=21pt] typing in really really big font, thats annoying.[/SIZE]

i posted a topic on if the number of smilies per post could be lowered, and generally people said 'i dont see this often and pretty much only newbies do this. theyre testing out tamatalk.'

i dont mind if random people want to talk to me for any reason.

since tamatalk is made up of generally younger audiences, i can understand if people act that way. i just want nothing to do with them.
1337 is when some one speaks like this: "l1ke 0m9!1 10ff u!!!11!!!1!1" and they use alot of numbers, mainly on purpose, and chatspeak, omg is okay, but the way you put it was was tru, that overly annoying ;)

1337 is when some one speaks like this: "l1ke 0m9!1 10ff u!!!11!!!1!1" and they use alot of numbers, mainly on purpose, and chatspeak, omg is okay, but the way you put it was was tru, that overly annoying :)
oh. that. yeah, i dont run into it often except maybe on maple. but its still not that bad.

I agree, totally.

Don't forget caps - IT IS VERY HARD TO READ CAPS.

It makes me strain my eyes... one word or sentence is fine, but the whole post? It's an automatic "don't read this" to me.

Also, when people PM me friend requests, it makes me feel good about myself. :rolleyes: So I appreciate PMing them back saying, "Sure, I'll be your friend."

But what REALLY bugs me is when people can't leave you alone. So you make a new friend, and you have to go offline for about 2 hours. You come back, and you have about 5 PMs from one person saying, "hey. u ther?" Or, "wanna chat?" It's extremely annoying.

But good points - I'm glad you're looking out for spam. :)

You should try going on Gaia online they have a lot of spam but I still get on there.

It is quite annoying, yes. Especially "L33t" :blink:

-Kuchipatchi-

I agree, totally.Don't forget caps - IT IS VERY HARD TO READ CAPS.

It makes me strain my eyes... one word or sentence is fine, but the whole post? It's an automatic "don't read this" to me.

Also, when people PM me friend requests, it makes me feel good about myself. :) So I appreciate PMing them back saying, "Sure, I'll be your friend."

But what REALLY bugs me is when people can't leave you alone. So you make a new friend, and you have to go offline for about 2 hours. You come back, and you have about 5 PMs from one person saying, "hey. u ther?" Or, "wanna chat?" It's extremely annoying.

But good points - I'm glad you're looking out for spam. :(
Yes, Caps gets annoying-very annoying also :( . Yes, one word in caps such as "MASSIVE" would be fine. Sometimes people accidentely leave the caps lock on so they type the whole topic in caps. A few days later they notice, and they make a new post quoting their old post saying "oops- I wrote my whole topic in caps, sorry!" which would be spamming.

//TamaPATCHI

You should try going on Gaia online they have a lot of spam but I still get on there.
I know, I am a role player on gaia though. semi- GDer, it does get annoying, but on there it's usually the poor gaians, or the gains with just boxers on. But yeas, I know what you mean.

I use "lol" from time to time. Using it in these terms : "Lol, that was funny. u are funny!" or something like that, isn't annoying. It's normal :) . Stuff like "LOL, I am da BOM! do w/e i say 1337" or something like that, is very annoying which is considered SPAMMING. I halfway agreew with you, TamaAngelV3.

//Tama*Lover

B) :p B) :p :D B) :p B) :p Sheesh calm down its just the way people type its more faster and easyier :p and we have a rule on it you *mean* sooooooooooooo *mean*

*binary: don't be rude*

Sheesh calm down its just the way people type its more faster and easyier :p and we have a rule on it you *mean* sooooooooooooo *mean*
Can you please lower the smily level. Your being rude and we all haft to keep are words helpful,friendly and polite.

Yah, I try to keep my grammar correct as possible. :D

I agree with everything you have said. Some people on here send me PMs just because I replied to their topic. They'll say random things, and after a while it gets annoying.

Over use of smileys is VERY annoying! I mean, an ocasional smiley, is ok in my book, but a whole line of them?? Not cool..

P30ple wh0 tYpE liKE aNyThInG lik3 th1s gt on m nvrs.

(translate to:people who type like this get on my nerves.) It's annoying. They act like they don't understand vowels, and so they don't plan on using them.

TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS ALSO NERVE WRECKING!

Refrain from doing it and make us all want to stick around...

And lololololololololol is very annoying, and it makes me want to pull my hair out, not only it, but everything else I have listed.

GothGirl, I've never seen you type that way until you saw this topic. And plese don't call people idiots because their opinions are different than yours..

Oh! And in roleplays, it gets on my nerves when someone makes a post just to say "I gotta go 2 b3d, talk 2 u l8ter!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back