Chat speak on tamatalk forums + Random pms

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like/agree chat speak/random pms and random friend requests/over-use of smilies?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What?

• Yes, it's much easier.

• It annoys me.

• Yes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really what your cat's name is MsKitty? xD That's awesome! I read that on your Myspace but I didn't know if that was truely his name.

On topic wise: Although I do not mind a random 'do you want to be buds' request, it would make it all easier for me and the other person to begin conversing if they actualy had something other to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the random friend requests and the random PM's I don't enjoy so much. Honestly, I don't really go on the chat speak on tamatalk forums but I guess thats just the way how it is:mellow:.

With the smilies, I get you point, ok :D

But its just a use of expression, nobody should interfere with that.

*LoVeLy.SwAn.23* <_<

Text Talk is ok.... if some people do it... i dont mind its gets annoying...

Overuse smileys.. I dont use the preomade ones... I type my own out like :)

Random PMs are always advertisment... I just forward them to a guide...

I don't think random pm's are annoying. It gives people a chance to talk with people you wouldn't normally.

The thing I hate people posting is when people type"IIIIIIII""""""""""""MMMMMMMMMMMM OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAA CCCCCONNNNNTROOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL" (I'm outta control). It's probably annoying you guys too.

I don't really think overuse of smilies is that bad. People might just try to type : ) and then the :) smilie comes up. Maybe they just don't realise that happens. I don't know.

Chat speak: I never ever use chat speak. I think it is very annoying, even something as simple as "c u later" annoys me sometimes. "Sk8er boi", that stuff annoys me (not the song) the most.

[SIZE=7pt] :( ;) :) :) :( :lol: ;) ;) ;) <--- lovin da smiliezzzzz<3333 SEE YA HOMEDOGS<333[/SIZE]

xD I laughed really hard when i saw that thing that RM wrote.

I think random friend requests are ok because they're only asking to be your friend, aren't they?

And for smilies, yeah it's pretty annoying. It's ok to use them to express the way you're feeling, as Rey Mysterio said, such as

This is really bugging me :eek:
but when you go like

Cool! :mametchi: ;) :) :ph34r: :lol: :D :D-Oh yea lovin the smilies
it's pretty annoying. I think stuff like lol (laughs out load) or ROFL (rolls on floor laughing) and stuff like that are ok but not "tlking dyke dis" because I can hardly read that.

Oh yeah, and XD is also ok, according to me any way.

Well that's my opinion.

i think people do that because the dont know proper grammar so they try to cover it up by overly using certain letters/symbols/phrases/etc. they think it makes them "in", and doesnt let those who like to type their entire words out that they cant spell. i'm not trying to be mean, it's just my opinion.

Chat Speak and 1337

I don't really mind. I can read 1337.

Overuse of Smilies

Like 1 or 2 smilies is ok but like 3-5 smilies is annoying.

Random PMS and Random Friend Requests

I don't mind random PMs or random friend requests at all. Random PMs and friend requests is how I made a ton of friends.

LOL (the famous phrase)

Surprisingly, I don't mind if people do "lolololololololol"

Yay! A place to rant. =)

--

Chatspeak

When I was totally immature to anything, I thought chatspeak was cool and everyone used it, so I used it. But now it annoys my socks off, and I want to burn any records of chatspeak. IT IS NOT EASIER OR COOL. >_<

Overuse of smilies

Posts should tops have two smilies. Putting every smiley in a post is ridiculous. Honestly, people do NOT NEED to end their post with a stream of smilies like this;

"..... :lol: :D :p -_- :lol: "

Random PMs

I don't mind friend requests from the new members (I don't get them). What I hate is the random Pms like, "Plz visit this site! kthnx."

Because, if your site is going to end up well, you at least put a skin and some meaningfull junk on it.

Thats all I have to say about it.

I don't use any abbreviations (idk, brb, etc.) except for LOL, which has become less of an abbreviation and more of a legitimate word (at least in my mind).

When people say stuff like:

u ppl need 2 calm down i mean i like hsm, no offense if u dont lol!!

...I find it hard to read, but I can live with it.

Smilies

I don't like overuse of smilies, but I can understand if it's someone's first post and it's:

Hello everyone. I like tamas, so I joined this site. See you around!

B) :furawatchi: :rolleyes: :ichigotchi:

...because they used proper grammar and are obviously trying out smilies. I don't think people should do this after they've been here awhile and read the news, though.

When people talk like this:

h3llo wh@1's up 3v3ry1!

*twitch**twitch* Arg...for some reason this REALLY bugs me! I can never read it, and it takes more time than normal typing! Honestly, why do people type like this? To annoy us all?

PMs:

I don't mind people PMing me for no apparent reason. I actually feel flattered that they chose to PM me to say "hi" out of all the people here. (You can PM me, don't worry, I won't let it go to my head. xP)

Read my sig: Chatspeak = Fail.

:/

It doesn't annoy me too much because I haven't been seeing too much of it. And even if I did I wouldn't be too annoyed. So I cant say that I like it or hate it either.

And chat speak's cool. :) I haven't seen anyone do it though.

I see it all alot, and the whole '7yp3 w17h numb3rz' thing... gets on my nerves more than most know. I twitch.

SAVE THE VOWELS MOVEMENT!

I mean, grammar is what makes my world go round! As for smileys, too much of a good thing, is not a good thing. Use them, but dont abuse them.

Becca♥

Ja me hates cht speek n 1337.

Translation-Yeah I hate chat speak and 1337.

I think "Lol" and "Rofl" and all that are alright, and a few smilies like ">.>", "XD", "XP" and whatever. Also maybe a few tama smilies to show your emotions like:

" :p How the heck did that happen?"

or:

"Grrr I've got loads of homework! :eek: "

But not like:

"ZOMG I've lost ma tama :D :D :eek: :eek: :p :p :huh: :p :eek: :p " because it's really annoying.

When I was a newbie I used stuff like "Hi how r u? I g2g now." but that's easie enough to understand. Then I started using proper grammer although I few typos can't be helped. And I still use "Lol" and "Rofl" and smilies (XD).

EDIT: Typo...

I hate chat speak. It makes the topic confusing to read and reply to. Sometimes, people may be asking for help on an important issue, but the chat speak and 1337 make it hard to read and usually, people will avoid it.

The overuse of smilies is also taking over. If you look at a few topics, you will see at least one post with more than 4 smilies in it that are not needed. :p Also, when a person needs help and smilies are taking over, it makes you avoid it, so the poor person may not get the help because of the smilies.

The random PM's are one thing, but the advertising ones are worse. I have had around 5 PM's from someone who I don't even talk to, asking, "Hey, will yu join ma site? Iz rlly cool. :) :) :) ;) :D " It makes me delete them without reading, because they're SPAM and annoying. If it was a friend, I'd be happy to check it and join.

Random PM's are okay, I usually try to reply to them, if the sender doesn't have a bad reputation on the site for SPAM or the likes.

[SIZE=14pt]REMEMBER-[/SIZE] If you want your topic to be read, type normally, be nice, don't overuse the smilies and most of all, avoid SPAM. For those who don't know, SPAM is:

Short

Pointless

Annoying

Be kind, thoughtful and non-SPAMMY when posting in anything, even if you don't like the person, or others are using chat speak. Be your own person. ;)

[SIZE=14pt]I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU![/SIZE]

I don't know why, but chat-speak has been driving me crazy. X_X

Sure...You don't have to type in the whole word, but nobody can understand what your saying! Except for other chat-speakers...>.>"

Now...I say "Lol" Because everybody knows what it means, and it's better then actually typing "Hahahaha".

Ugg...AND YES~! I DESPISE RANDOM PM'S.

I don't know why, but I hate it when random new members of TT PM me and go...

"LOL YAAA~ I LUB ANiME TOO!"

Grrrr...GRRRR... I gotta stop now. Before I get overwhelmed with frustration because of all these things.

[SIZE=14pt]But basically, Chat-Speak sucks, over use of smilies is annoying, random PM's over nothing are super annoying...And yeah. So are random friend requests. X_X"[/SIZE]

Lol, I sound like a grumpy old man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back