Chat speak on tamatalk forums + Random pms

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like/agree chat speak/random pms and random friend requests/over-use of smilies?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What?

• Yes, it's much easier.

• It annoys me.

• Yes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chat SpeakOK, I call this text talk, but anyway, yes this can be very annoying! :angry: As Sweet Kandi stated, it's not very difficult to type out a word! Why type "u" and look lazy, when you can spend 1 second extra typing out "you", and looking fine! What would you prefer? ;) Things like "lol" are fine, though! ^_^

Overuse of smilies

Yet again, in full agreement- people just put random smilies quite alot! :D I really only use the smilies that express what kind of mood I'm in, while thinking about the information I'm posting! :blink: Alot of people type their message, take a new line, and post something like:

:blink: :wacko: :ph34r: :unsure: :blink: :lol: <----- lovin da smilies!

That's annoying! -_-

Random PMs

This is usually the case of a lonely member, so I don't agree with you on this one. If it just says "Hi, how are you?", they probarly just want to be friends, so always ask members who send you a PM like this "Want to be friends?", after politly introducing yourself! :D
Yup.I agree with you 10/10 LOL.

//-lWeRide

Annoying chatspeak*: LOLZ h0w r U 2dy? n0 thx. LOLLERZ! ur a l00zer. :wacko:

i addd u as a frend. plz accetp. i dunt lyk u 2dy. wnna b mi gf/bf?

Random PM: LOL i lyk cheeze in mi bthtub! do u?! :blink: :

Over-use of smileys: :blink: :blink: :unsure: :

Random message: PLZER DNTE 2 M3 I ust oined! PLZERS DNTE! WALL O TXT. :angry: :ph34r:

Chat speak : lyk plz dnte 2 m3 i ust gt hcked id lyk 90k i had 511 guld b4. i didt giv ou mi pswrd! Plz giv m3 ur pswrd! 1m a gia mod plz gimme ur psword cuz u hcked me.

Translation: Like please donate to me I just got hacked and I'd like 90k i had 511 gold before. I didn't give out my password! Please give me you password! I'm a gaia mod please give me your password.

*NOTE: I AM NOT A hacker on Gaia online. Any person living or dead has never sent this this message isn't real. PLEASE: DO NOT: send this to: Admin(GO)and(TT) Mod(s) on both sites any members. if you do it'll probably get me banned and any sender banned.

You should try going on Gaia online they have a lot of spam but I still get on there.
Yes they DO have a LOT of Chat speak/ Dudesspeak(Dude speak is like "newb" LOLZERSKINGED!) But still you gotta love Gaia :blink:

Chat Speak and 1337Ok, everyday when I come on here, I see loads of people use chat speak, it's okay for in chats, but on forums? When I say chat speak, I mean things like, "u kewl 1'm f1n3?" or "v4 is da bom yessss, i wana v4".

I also see "1337" (leet I beleive) every now and then. 1337 is always considered spamming, and is seriously annoying, try to restrain from using 1337 if you do use it in chats.

Overuse of Smilies

I also see loads of smilies in alot of people's posts, I mean 1-3 smilies is okay, but 5? It annoys me, especially when people decide to post all of the smilies in one column,in one post, or that's all they post. Some people also add 5 or 6, or even 7 after their text, before their text, and/or between their text.

My opinion, based on other opinions from other forums

Some of this I beleive is spamming, and I understand that most newbies use this, However it annoys alot of people on forums. If you are going to say something, type it carefully, and take time. It's okay for a few typos, but if you purposly make them, it causes problems. A lot of people that do this are sometimes called 'n00bs'. If you take the time to type something carefully, you'll be sure to get a few more replies. It's clearer for people to read.

*Note: Not only newbies do this, others as well. Please do not think I am blaming anything on the newbies.*

Random PMS and Random Friend Requests

Some people that are new want friends, however randomly PMing a random person is not a good way, neither is randomly picking out people and sending them friend requests. Maybe asking them things about their avatar, tamagotchis, their signiture, or something you already noy about them by prehaps looking at their profile, would be better, eh?

*Note: Not all people agree with this, some people don't mind/like Random Friend requests and Random PMs*

LOL (the famous phrase)

LOL is also ok, but when you put it like this, "lololololololololololol" it becomes annoying and can be considered SPAM

The Question

Why do you think people do this?

((Edited: I have had to many complaints about one of the examples, I have changed it, and have also seperated the columns.))
I absolutely hate Chat Speak/Text Talk. I think people need to suck it up and type it out, because they know how to, and it's just plain annoying. I dislike it in Chat and Forums. Sometimes "LOL" and abbreviations are Okay...

Overuse of Smilies... OK, you can find this just about every day here. The most I can tolerate is two or three in one post. I dislike the use of smilies at all anyhow. (Not saying I think the smilies look bad or anything, I just don't see the point...)

-Instert something about Fallen Raine hating typos made on purpose here-

Random PMs and Friend Requests do get annoying. But half the time they're from new members. Random PMs -- All you have to do is tell them it's a form of SPAM, it's against the rules, it's annoying, and they need to stop. Friend Requests -- Simply reply "Sure" or "No, Thanks". It's as easy and simple as that. Then you can go from there.

Okay, I'm finished.

I don't really mind, but the over use of smilies & Text talk is annoying sometimes. Well mainly when you cannot tell what they are asking.

But the random PM thing, alot of people have 'PM me!' in their signatures. So I think some people are asking to be PM'd a little :blink: .

Eah... I don't really care what they do. I remember a time when I was chatspeaking, using over use of smilies, sending random pm's, and acting immature. Eventually it'll fade away with people

I understand if they want to chatspeak. What if their a slow typer, and barely have time on the computer? Chatspeaking saves time, and space (sometimes), if you look at the other side.

NUU NED 2 BEAT TEM UP' <- :D . I use G2G, and LOL.

OK I'm going to do a example :D :D :blink: :D :D :D :D

That's all I can think of now. Bye!

+Ho-Oh

I can't stand chat speak on forums. It's annoying to read and try to decipher.

Overuse of smileys is annoying, but it's not too hard to ignore and tolerate.

I don't mind a random pms as long as they are all chat speak-y and actualy have something to say.

I think you already know how I feel on ChatSpeak. points to Avatar----->

*reads perivious Post on Topic*

I didn't really explain myself to well on Random Pms:

I should have said, "I don't like getting pointless Pms" instead of not liking random Pms. You know the ones where they are giving me a link to their site and ones where they just put one word, like "HI" or just a Smile. People who send me questions, or just want to chat I don't mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eah... I don't really care what they do. I remember a time when I was chatspeaking, using over use of smilies, sending random pm's, and acting immature. Eventually it'll fade away with people
I understand if they want to chatspeak. What if their a slow typer, and barely have time on the computer? Chatspeaking saves time, and space (sometimes), if you look at the other side.

NUU NED 2 BEAT TEM UP' <- :lol: . I use G2G, and LOL.

OK I'm going to do a example :D :ph34r: ^_^ :wacko: :mellow: ;) :huh:

That's all I can think of now. Bye!

+Ho-Oh
hmm, I think you have a good point there Ho-oh. :D

I hate chat-speak. To me, it is annoying spam. I don't mind the smilies getting a bit over-used, thats not really a problem. :(

but..what if you have a topic about translating chatspeak?
Lawlz = LOL

LOL = Laugh out loud

U = You

R = Are

2 = To, Too

4 = For, Four

8 = Ate

Soz = So

BTW = By the way

LMAO = Laugh my *** a**

Kk = Ok

Pritty = Pretty

Mai/Meh = My

TTLY = Totally

TTYL = Talk to you later

Tis = This

ppl = People

Lawrd = Lord

lik/lyk = Like

And that's all I can think of now! :rolleyes:

I don't mind if people say hi how r u? I just hate it when they're like h1 h0w r u?

Chat speak like that is annoying. I don't mind is peopel use 'r' instead of 'are' or 'y' instead of 'why'.

My cat's name is 1337 (and I'm serious, he's my little 1337y-kun, he likes to sleep with me).

I don't like the overuse of chatspeak or 1337, especially when people don't do it right. Besides that, I'm one for typing things out unless the situation is right for something else.

I hate when people put 10 billion smilies after a statement. I don't care if you put one after each sentence, I do that a lot because it helps get my emotion across (so you can tell if I'm kidding or being serious, etc.).

Random PMs are annoying 3/4 the time. I've gotten a few and they are always telling me the obvious and I try to be nice, then the people start telling me about their lives, etc. If I want to talk to you, I'll PM you. :)

I try to be nice, but it gets really hard to do...

I don't understand why you think random friend requests are annoying. I get tons of them, and that's how I've made lots of friends. I disagree with the smilies. There is a limit of how many you are allowed to put in a post to prevent posts from being way overloaded, I don't mind it when people use lolololololol in their posts, but I do agree on the text talk part of it. It's much more difficult to read, and it's really not hard to type out please instead of plz.

Chat Speak and 1337Ok, everyday when I come on here, I see loads of people use chat speak, it's okay for in chats, but on forums? When I say chat speak, I mean things like, "u kewl 1'm f1n3?" or "v4 is da bom yessss, i wana v4".

I also see "1337" (leet I beleive) every now and then. 1337 is always considered spamming, and is seriously annoying, try to restrain from using 1337 if you do use it in chats.

Overuse of Smilies

I also see loads of smilies in alot of people's posts, I mean 1-3 smilies is okay, but 5? It annoys me, especially when people decide to post all of the smilies in one column,in one post, or that's all they post. Some people also add 5 or 6, or even 7 after their text, before their text, and/or between their text.

My opinion, based on other opinions from other forums

Some of this I beleive is spamming, and I understand that most newbies use this, However it annoys alot of people on forums. If you are going to say something, type it carefully, and take time. It's okay for a few typos, but if you purposly make them, it causes problems. A lot of people that do this are sometimes called 'n00bs'. If you take the time to type something carefully, you'll be sure to get a few more replies. It's clearer for people to read.

*Note: Not only newbies do this, others as well. Please do not think I am blaming anything on the newbies.*

Random PMS and Random Friend Requests

Some people that are new want friends, however randomly PMing a random person is not a good way, neither is randomly picking out people and sending them friend requests. Maybe asking them things about their avatar, tamagotchis, their signiture, or something you already noy about them by prehaps looking at their profile, would be better, eh?

*Note: Not all people agree with this, some people don't mind/like Random Friend requests and Random PMs*

LOL (the famous phrase)

LOL is also ok, but when you put it like this, "lololololololololololol" it becomes annoying and can be considered SPAM

The Question

Why do you think people do this?

((Edited: I have had to many complaints about one of the examples, I have changed it, and have also seperated the columns.))
Chat Speak and 1337

Agreed. I cannot stand chat speak at all, not even "Hi how r u". TYPE OUT YOUR DARN WORDS like Heather's siggy says. I use mild chatspeak, like Mai/Meh occasionally, BTW, Tis, and LMAO. I usually use Tis or Mai/Meh when I'm speaking about something in a joking or fun way, it's real annoying. ;)

Overuse Of Smilies

Annoys me to no end. Stupid smilie overusage... I mean, the occasional smiley is okay. :blink: But, no need to overuse them like: :D ;) :wacko: :wub: :ph34r: :unsure: :eek:

Because if you do, I probably don't reply to your post.

Random PMs and Random Friend Requests

About the friend requests, if you just PM me saying: "Hi, can we be friends?" I just delete it. But if you introduce yourself pretty well, I'll love to be your friend. Other Random PMs just crowd my inbox, it's already crowded as it is. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back