Dating Show

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Olivia's face lit up with excitement and she was suddenly a young girl again. "Oh my gosh, can we please go in there?" She could barely contain her excitement as she looked at Ty expectantly. She felt like she was entering heaven every time she entered any sort of sporting goods store, and she took every opportunity to explore and pay with everything, much like a young child in the toy aisle. She couldn't wipe the wide grin off of her face no matter how hard she tried.

(lololol I just went to a sporting goods store today :D I got new cleats <3 <3)

Alkaia walked in and held the door open for Charlie. "You can pick something you like." she told him with a smile.

Ty grinned at Olivia's excitement, amused by how excited she was. Then again, he was pretty excited, too. He loved sports stores. "Sure, let's go!" As they got closer to the shop, he could see inside the windows, and saw that they had a big collection of clothing, balls, shoes, and other things. "Man, I love sports stores. They're so awesome. Especially the ones that have like everything. I could live in a sports store."

(That's cool. I love going in sports stores in real life, I love looking at new running shoes. They're so shiny and pretty and awesome.)

"Me too!" Olivia said and peered inside. She spotted the soccer balls first, but she was equally fascinated with everything else in the store. Olivia opened the door for Ty, waiting politely for him to enter the store before entering herself. "After you, sir," she said and half-bowed, giggling the whole time.

"Oh, thank you." He walked in, and then took a deep whiff of the delicious smell of rubber from all the shoes. "I love the smell of new shoes, it smells so good." He saw some basketballs in a crate, and he reached over for one, picking it up and feeling the familiar texture of it in his hands.

Olivia watched Ty with a small smile on her face before something else caught her attention. She looked a few feet to her left and saw a crate of soccer ball. She walked over and picked one up and spun it in her hands. She let the ball drop to her foot where she caught it and balanced it carefully. She would have looked ridiculous to anyone who couldn't see the ball on her foot, but she could not care less. If it was up to her, Olivia would stay right in that spot for the rest of the day playing with that ball. She began to juggle it carefully so she didn't send it flying into a display rack nearby.

Charlie didn't know what he coud use for his plan. Then he realised. If he lets her pick he can use that to build down to a cheaper version of practically the same thing.

"Can you help me pick?" He asked

Ty looked up from the basketball to see Olivia juggling the ball. "Woah, that's cool. I can't really do anything super cool like that with a basketball, besides this." He then took the basketball, and twisted it, putting it on his index finger and spinning it. "It took me like 4 years just to actually manage to do this correctly without dropping it after 2 sec-" Losing focus, the ball fell off his finger, but Ty managed to grab it with his other hand before it fell to the ground. "Okay, hang out. Gotta focus." He then did it again, this time keeping the ball spinning on his finger.

Alkaia nodded, glancing around the store. "Sure... What do you think you might like?" she asked, turning to look at Charlie.

Olivia kicked the ball into her hands and turned to watch Ty. "That is so awesome! I've tried with a soccer ball, but I always drop it right away," she said and watched the ball spin smoothly on his finger. "My mom could do that too, but she just couldn't teach me," she added with a chuckle.

"Yeah, that's what happened to me too when I was a kid, until I could figure out how to do it." Ty stopped spinning the ball so he could talk, and asked, "Why not?"

Charlie saw some cufflinks in the store he liked. Also he needs them anyway for his job.

"How about those?" He pointed at a pair of cufflinks that looked like Pac Man and a ghost.

Alkaia walked over to the cufflinks and picked them up. "So, these are what you want?" she asked, looking at Charlie with a smile.

Olivia shrugged and tossed the ball between her hands, a nervous habit she picked up a few years ago. "I dunno exactly, I guess I just wasn't coordinated enough with my hands when it came to sports. My mother wasn't the most patient woman on the world either, so she kind of just gave up," she explained slowly. She suddenly didnt feel the same urge to kick a ball around, so she tossed the ball back into the crate. "It's alright though, I ended up just fine without knowing how to do that," she said with a small smile.

"Yeah, and you can do really cool things with the soccer ball your mom can't probably do, so you two are even. Woah. I just made that sound like you guys are fighting or something. Anyway.." Ty put the basketball back in the crate. "So, what do you wanna go look at? Clothes, shoes, or equipment?"

Olivia thought about what he had said about her mother and shrugged slightly. "That is true," she said before chuckling softly and saying, "I don't really mind, what do you want to look at first?" She stuck her hands in her pocket once again and leaned back slightly, feeling her stiff back crack. She let out a small, involuntary sigh of relief before standing up straight once more.

Ty shrugged. "Well... I guess we could go look at the equipment first. Speaking of equipment, I wonder if they have one of those mini golf thingys where you can practice hitting with a golf club to see if you want to buy it or not. When I was little, I would always go straight to those mini golf thingys and I'd always try to hit the ball into the hole in one, clean shot. I was never good at it. Explains why I don't play golf," He said, smiling a bit at the memory.

Alkaia looked down at the price tag. It was the perfect price! She smiled and looked up at Charlie. "Doesn't matter," she turned and walked toward the front desk, fishing around in her small bag she'd been carrying for her wallet.

Charlie walked over too the stack of the cufflinks. "Phew" he thought to himself "they aren't too expensive"

"Thank you!" He said delighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back