Do you plan on buying a Tama-Go?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:blink: Mine is on its way, it just got shipped...... I really can't wait! I only have a Music Star and a ID, but I really do like the bigger design very much - seeing as I tend to be EXTREMELY clumsy......it's kind of easier for me to hold......sounds stupid I know, but there you have it...... :angry:

I already bought a tama-go from toys r us near were i live but its my least favorite tama and i wont be buying another one. The v5 and the tama-go are both my least favorite i love playing with the rest i own in my siggy.

Ehh... I might buy one. A lot of people like them but I'm not too excited about the size of it. I thought the iD was big but this one is huge! Some people also there that there's a few glitches with them, like the age glitch, and I'm sure they will be fixed with the second wave of the Tama-Go. So I probably will wait until the second wave comes out.

My hubby saw an ad yesterday morning and, knowing that I collect tamas, he paused the tv to show me. By the time I got off of work we were headed to toy s r us to see if they had any yet. I was totally not expecting then to be in stock yet, but they were. I bought the Mametchi blue glittery one along with two figures; violetchi and chamametchi I think that's her name. I hatched my tama last night and I really like the new features. It has me than any previous us version. Granted its not a tama colt of which I'm waiting for a us version..if they every actually come out with one. It is a but niger but fits nicely in a purse pocket when going out. It also didn't cramp your hand when playing games I'm very happy with it so far.I'm going to try going online with it tonite.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I really don't want one. It's design is bugging me, because it won't fit into your pocket easily, and you have to get figurines to get characters and other stuff... :lol:

okay so i bought a tama go and since it said "fun on the go" i figured it would be kinda like the TMGC iD.....WRONG! :) you can only go to 4(5 when you're an adult)places!SHOP PARK GAME PC! :eek: ;) I'm kind of dissipointed... :D But the characters are cute!

oh and the fith place is the dateplace!

Last edited by a moderator:
They finally came to Target in Arizona, and I got to see one in person, and finally made my decision--NO. They are so big, and I already have a Home Deka, and you have to buy extra figures for them, so having one will get to be expensive in a hurry.

I got one today from Toyworld after seeing the ads on tv. They have only just come to New Zealand. I have a v1 and a v3 but it is such a pain to get batteries for them and they are not the cheapest. I was choosing between the latest version and the tama go but my local toystore has had no other tamagotchi stuff for a while. For me the AAA batteries thing is a big plus because I got 10 for NZ$16.50. The tama go itself was NZ$32, regular price NZ$37.

I thought the size would be a minus because it's like the size of three regular tamagotchis but I quite like how it feels in my hand. The only slightly irritating thing is the sort of creaky noise the lens makes when I press the buttons. I'll try taping down it I think.

I agree. I have one and his shape it's really bad, too big to take it everywhere you go. I cant understand why they have only 2 built in games and the figurine in it only 1 game, no items and no additional games. It's really bad :D
Actually there are other games, but they just are with the separate figures.

Oh and i AM getting one tomorro :p :D :p . i saved heaps of my money for it (including letting my twin sis have me as her slave for 7 bucks :p )

But i have exactly enough money for it!!!! I am getting the green mametchi design :D .

It is $32 NZD and since they don't have the tamago in my small town, i am going to a city called Invercargill (which DO have them)!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
After at the LEAST five months, my mom is considering getting me one! She says I will only get one if I'm really nice, soooo, cross your fingers! I'm also in middle school now, so I won't get agrivated by all the "gangsters" and "flunkies"!

So that should help! So cross your fingers and hope I get the blue one! :) ;)

I bought one already, the green one with the Mametchi figure included (mainly cause I LOVE green, it's my favorite colour). I also bought two figures: Violetchi and Ringotchi.

It just arrived today (from Amazon) and I really like it. At first I thought I wouldn't like how big it was, but it's a nice size and even my tiny hands feel comfortable holding it. I also like the figure idea, it makes it nice to be able to expand how many games you have.

I think it's great that with proper training they can go to the bathroom on their own and I really like the detail (even in black & white) put into it. Mind you, I haven't played any Tamagotchi newer than the Tamagotchi connection V2, so I might be amazed with something that has been in other Tamagotchis for a while now. The figures might be a little pricey, but they're only slightly more expensive than a pack of real Silly Bandz (I'm such a kid at heart!). And this might be a little thing, but I love the fact you can change the "faceplates" on it...it makes it more personalized. I also LOVE that it takes AAA batteries which are cheaper.

I'm sure there are cons, but I haven't run across any.

(...I suppose it might be a little odd for other people to see this college student that already looks like a 12 year old playing with a Tamagotchi with a ton of silly bandz on her arms before class)

I think it's great that with proper training they can go to the bathroom on their own and I really like the detail (even in black & white) put into it. Mind you, I haven't played any Tamagotchi newer than the Tamagotchi connection V2, so I might be amazed with something that has been in other Tamagotchis for a while now. The figures might be a little pricey, but they're only slightly more expensive than a pack of real Silly Bandz (I'm such a kid at heart!). And this might be a little thing, but I love the fact you can change the "faceplates" on it...it makes it more personalized. I also LOVE that it takes AAA batteries which are cheaper.
(...I suppose it might be a little odd for other people to see this college student that already looks like a 12 year old playing with a Tamagotchi with a ton of silly bandz on her arms before class)
Wow. My sentiments exactly. I'm an old-school Tamagotchi fan as well and so maybe that's why I find some of the newer ones more fascinating than others do. I just got my first V6 a few weeks ago and I'm liking it. Slowly getting up to speed on more of the Connections. Anyway, I've got 2 Tama-Gos now, the free one that I received (green with Mametchi) and then a blue one because it's my favorite color. :wacko: Haven't had a chance to try them out yet, since I'm a busy college student as well, but I think I'm going to wait until the TamaTalk upgrade is complete to start logging my Tama-Go experiences (the new upgrade will allow us to embed pictures, which will be awesome because I love taking pictures). You're definitely never too old to play with Tamagotchis!

Well I wasn't going to buy one because I decided they looked like a huge step down and away from what I liked about Tamagotchis, but since everybody seems to like them and because it looks like they'll be around for quite a while, I decided to hop on the bandwagon. I'll order one when I get paid next week ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back