Do you play any instruments?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay. Another enthusiastic singer. And I CAN hit the second alto notes. So HA. xD (I can't go higher than high B, but pay no attention to that xDD)
xD Huzzah!!!!!

Choir freaks unite!

The good thing about acting and singing: You can change your voice when necessary.

The role I play now has a nasaly, higher pitched kind of voice. but she also has to belt it.

If I can get a GOOD recording of my fave song from the musical, I'll put it up so you guys can see.

OH!!! I am also teaching myself how to beatbox. I've been told I'm decent for a little white chick. (hahaha.....)

xD Huzzah!!!!!Choir freaks unite!

The good thing about acting and singing: You can change your voice when necessary.

The role I play now has a nasaly, higher pitched kind of voice. but she also has to belt it.

If I can get a GOOD recording of my fave song from the musical, I'll put it up so you guys can see.

OH!!! I am also teaching myself how to beatbox. I've been told I'm decent for a little white chick. (hahaha.....)
Nice xD I'd post a recording, but I'm too scared Dx

Today my friend told me I have big lips for a white girl.

Nice xD I'd post a recording, but I'm too scared Dx
Today my friend told me I have big lips for a white girl.
aww you should post one! trust me, we all suck. Just sing your best song B)

I bet like,half of TT wants to hear you. if you do I bet tons of others will too :p

at Bunnygirl_07- same to you!!! :p

but anyways.. you don't have to.

and I forgot... I played the drums ONCE before in band!

^

Thank you! ^__^

I'll just have to wait for the right recording to come along, I guess.

I play some instruments... Fun part is learning how to play stuff by hearing it a thousand times. I can't read sheet paper!

I play my recorder - cause it was required way back in 3-4th grade.

My Lap Harp, cause It looked interesting... slightly easier then my recorder.

Basic Piano (Thank you elephant toy keyboard from Raidoshack YEARS ago!) I can play a few things on a normal piano too...

and if it counts... My "Magical Doremi" Circle thing ... (Piano in discise but round....)

And I sing and dance, a lot. So I would say That is my instrument. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
BBb Tuba [symphonic Band. ]

Bb Trombone [Jazz band, I only play it for one song though]

C Flute [Jazz band, I play it for all the songs]

C Piccolo [i don't play it for a band, but I tried asking the 8th grade BD if I coukd play it for her band. But I couldn't. D: ]

Baritone vocals

kk445:

It's okay, i'm alone too. [i sit next to the trumpets and trombones] Us low woodwind/brass pwn all the other sections... Until were covered up by the eviltrumpets. :[

I cherish being alone:

1] I have my own lessons, no more sharing it with the Saxophones!~

2] You can hear yourself. [i couldn't imagine what it'd be like if I sat near that annoying Baritone girl in your band. O_O]

Oh, and for all you who are talking Chorus... :]

It was available to start taking Chorus in 5th grade. So I took it in 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th. In 8th, I was part of Encore - the elite select choir. It was Encore's first year, and I was honored to be a part of it.

I tried out for Honors Choir in high school, but I didn't get in. I got really nervous when I tried out, and my voice cracked. D:

Even though I'm in average/remedial choir this year, my teacher still really seems to like me. :] My scores are high enough to be in Ensemble (aka Honors Choir) and she said I'm her best alto, and that she can count on me to know the harmony parts and sing them out.

During Christmas time, there were solo tryouts. I FAIL at singing in front of people alone. I start shaking, hyperventalating, and crying. So obviously I didn't go up to the front of the class to try out. But after all the solos were through, my teacher was all like, "Katie, why didn't you try out? You can do it." And everyone started chanting my name. D: So I went up and tried. After I sang the first word of the song, my voice cracked and I started crying. It's so frustrating. I dream at home about singing in front of people. I love to sing. I'm not that great at it, but I have a passion for it. And I wanted more than anything to give it a shot. My teacher wanted me to try again, but I told her I couldn't, and she understood. She told me she wants me to work on it though, so I can audition for a solo again in the spring.

I'm getting better at it. I sing about every day in my bedroom. I can sing and play my guitar at the same time. I really want to get good at that. I practice everyday.

And my chorus teacher told me I'm going to be in Ensemble next year. :]

Cinderpelt, if you keep practicing, I'm sure you can go far!

And self-confidence is great too! =)

Right now I'm in a production of "Seussical", and I play Gertrude McFuzz. She's a bird who doesn't have the best self esteem, and just wants Horton to notice her. (Yes, Horton the elephant.... they aren't the same species! lol)

I'm also in a show my community theatre is doing, which showcases some songs from the musicals our theatre has done since it's beginning ten years ago. I'm reprising my role as Dorothy Gale to sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." I'm also singing a song from a show I wasn't in.

I play the piano. I hate it. I never practice. My mom quit trying to get me to practice. I'm to stuburn.

Cinderpelt- I'm in Chorus. I guess it OK. There is to many people in it, though, so my chorus teacher spends the whole time waiting for us to quiet down, and hardly get to sing. We sing normal songs, no rock, (I wish we did. Ha, its funny to imagine us singing "Holiday" by Green Day! :( ) just normal songs like "Festival of Lights".

Congrats, if you read this far, which must people don't, you get a gold star sticker! :unsure: XD

Cinderpelt, if you keep practicing, I'm sure you can go far!And self-confidence is great too! =)

Right now I'm in a production of "Seussical", and I play Gertrude McFuzz. She's a bird who doesn't have the best self esteem, and just wants Horton to notice her. (Yes, Horton the elephant.... they aren't the same species! lol)

I'm also in a show my community theatre is doing, which showcases some songs from the musicals our theatre has done since it's beginning ten years ago. I'm reprising my role as Dorothy Gale to sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." I'm also singing a song from a show I wasn't in.
I saw that last night! I LOVED it, and good luck.

I've played piano for 5 years, I now play guitar and I also sing.

I think it's practically essential to be able to play an instrument to really make it in the music business today in lots of popular genres. I think it's really important for a musician to be able to play and write their own songs.

Of course, exceptional singers- especially people who sing as RnB artists- are the some of the, well, exceptions.

I almost gave up playing piano, but please, I beg you all..!-

Don't give up just yet!!!!! Try finding a younger teacher that alows you to play the music that YOU want. Both of those put together is what as made me go from a failing Grade 1 pianist to a strong Grade 4 or 5 =]

Never used to practise, now I play for about 2 hours every day. Not because I have to, but because I love to :3

Piano [7yrs]

Violin [6yrs]

Alto saxophone [few months?]

The reason that i've only played saxophone for a few months is because its my school band instrument and i just started band.

Last edited by a moderator:
I play trumpet. It is easy for me compared to everyting else. I love trumpet I can play all the notes!!!!

I play piano, flute, and electric guitar! I am a singer in honors chorus and regular chorus. I am in many productions in community theatre and lots of plays at my school. Apparently, people say I'm gifted, but I dont think so. I just have an obsession and love for music.

I've been playing violin for about 4 years, I'm still not that good... :p I'm also learning the flute and recorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back