Does Tama-Go seem a little simple?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really it all comes down to personal opinion. Some fans like a Tamagotchi to have lots of different features, and some would rather have a simple Tamagotchi for which they can care for without it being too demanding. I personally like a Tamagotchi to be somewhere in between, so it's not unbearable, but not too boring. In my opinion, the Tama-Go is just that.

I've had my Tama-Go for about a week now, and I must say I'm really enjoying it. The games are fun and easy to play, and I haven't tired of them yet. I love how they've introduced the Wallpaper feature from the Tamagotchi+Color, it really gives of that feel that your Tamagotchi's are living inside their own little home. At first I was a little disappointed at first that there wasn't an Item feature like in many previous versions, until it was discovered that some of the Character Cassette's Shops actually did sell items! I think that this is a nice little feature, and it gives more individuality and purpose for the Cassettes. As well as the Shop, I also like how each Cassette comes with it's own unique Games and Animations. Truly wonderful to watch!

I also see you mention the lack of the School/Job feature. We haven't seen this feature since the V4.5 Tamagotchi, and I'm actually quite glad. The only benefit the School/Job system provided was a new game (which the new Cassettes provide) and daily paycheck (which when winning a game on the Tama-Go actually provides quite a hefty amount of Gotchi Points).

As I said, it all comes down to personal opinion, but I don't find the Tama-Go to be bland in the slightest. I find that there are lots good about this Tamagotchi, if you look hard enough to find them! :huh:

Really it all comes down to personal opinion. Some fans like a Tamagotchi to have lots of different features, and some would rather have a simple Tamagotchi for which they can care for without it being too demanding. I personally like a Tamagotchi to be somewhere in between, so it's not unbearable, but not too boring. In my opinion, the Tama-Go is just that.
I've had my Tama-Go for about a week now, and I must say I'm really enjoying it. The games are fun and easy to play, and I haven't tired of them yet. I love how they've introduced the Wallpaper feature from the Tamagotchi+Color, it really gives of that feel that your Tamagotchi's are living inside their own little home. At first I was a little disappointed at first that there wasn't an Item feature like in many previous versions, until it was discovered that some of the Character Cassette's Shops actually did sell items! I think that this is a nice little feature, and it gives more individuality and purpose for the Cassettes. As well as the Shop, I also like how each Cassette comes with it's own unique Games and Animations. Truly wonderful to watch!

I also see you mention the lack of the School/Job feature. We haven't seen this feature since the V4.5 Tamagotchi, and I'm actually quite glad. The only benefit the School/Job system provided was a new game (which the new Cassettes provide) and daily paycheck (which when winning a game on the Tama-Go actually provides quite a hefty amount of Gotchi Points).

As I said, it all comes down to personal opinion, but I don't find the Tama-Go to be bland in the slightest. I find that there are lots good about this Tamagotchi, if you look hard enough to find them! :huh:
Your post was to long so i couldn't be botherd reading it no affence but i agree with you they the tama-go is simple way to simple why doesn't it have present you can trade with your friends items and food and taking that away is dumb and it needs mor the figs doesn't give you that much either when i told my mum about what the figs contained she said "is that all" hmmm i still want one badly

Your post was to long so i couldn't be botherd reading it no affence  but i agree with you they the tama-go is simple way to simple why doesn't it have present you can trade with your friends items and food and taking that away is dumb and it needs mor the figs doesn't give you that much either when i told my mum about what the figs contained she said "is that all" hmmm i still want one badly
You could read his post if you cared. Sometimes I don't read your posts because I CAN'T read them, you need to spell right and use punctuation, otherwise you sound like a five year old. But still, no offence :furawatchi:

----------------------------------

I don't really think its simple. I like the ideas of faceplates and figurines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I did just recently receive my TamaGo and it is actually really disappointing to me. Note that I've only owned a v4, v5, v6 & TMGC+C aside from the TamaGo, but out of all of them, this one was the biggest letdown.

It's really simplistic. It seems like they tried covering this up with customizable backgrounds and figurines. Something that really irked me, even though I know it can't really be helped, is the fact that after you use a figure on the Tama-Go, all of its benifits and features are removed once you take it off. I personally would have loved if all of the games and/or shops and items were saved to the device so you didn't keep having to re-attach the dang figure. I know this would make the TamaGo need to be a lot bigger, and make them way more expensive, but this just brings me to my point: this Tama is a big mistake in my eyes. I agree with Marie: This just seems like a way for Bandai to make a quick buck.

Pleaseplease please make a Color Tamagotchi for the US. I love my TMGC+C, even though it's kind of a throwback to the older Tamagotchis, it still has a lot of nifty perks. It has a built IN TamaTown, and it's always fun when you pick it up no matter how long you've had it. I got bored with my TamaGo pretty much instantly, it just seemed to be lacking a lot of the things I've become familiar with in older Tamagotchi versions. :) What happened, Bandai?!

Well I did just recently receive my TamaGo and it is actually really disappointing to me. Note that I've only owned a v4, v5, v6 & TMGC+C aside from the TamaGo, but out of all of them, this one was the biggest letdown.It's really simplistic. It seems like they tried covering this up with customizable backgrounds and figurines. Something that really irked me, even though I know it can't really be helped, is the fact that after you use a figure on the Tama-Go, all of its benifits and features are removed once you take it off. I personally would have loved if all of the games and/or shops and items were saved to the device so you didn't keep having to re-attach the dang figure. I know this would make the TamaGo need to be a lot bigger, and make them way more expensive, but this just brings me to my point: this Tama is a big mistake in my eyes. I agree with Marie: This just seems like a way for Bandai to make a quick buck.

Pleaseplease please make a Color Tamagotchi for the US. I love my TMGC+C, even though it's kind of a throwback to the older Tamagotchis, it still has a lot of nifty perks. It has a built IN TamaTown, and it's always fun when you pick it up no matter how long you've had it. I got bored with my TamaGo pretty much instantly, it just seemed to be lacking a lot of the things I've become familiar with in older Tamagotchi versions. :) What happened, Bandai?!
+1

Although it is going against my nature to correct somebody who is on my side, I would like to point out that all the items provided by the figures are saved. Even with 4 figures, the Tama-Go is simple and I am unable to stay interested. Bandai USA, as you said, is trying to make a fortune. Although, I'm quite content with the Japanese +C. Even though it's, well, in Japanese, it is easily understandable and extremely fun.

An American Tamagotchi+Color would cost a lot of money to produce, obviously a lot more money than the Tama-Go. But how are they going to get that money? You mention that Bandai are trying to make money through the Tama-Go and their Cassettes, which I completely agree with. But ultimately, what do you think they are going to spend that money on? Think about that.

I don't have one yet, but the exceedingly large size of the toy and the fact that I have to buy multiple figures to unlock certain content is really turning me off. Also, the fact that they're calling it "TamaTown" on the package in big letters irks me.

It all seems like a cash grab to me. Come on Bandai, where's the Tamagotchi that we all fell in love with? :/

I don't have one yet, but the exceedingly large size of the toy and the fact that I have to buy multiple figures to unlock certain content is really turning me off. Also, the fact that they're calling it "TamaTown" on the package in big letters irks me.
It all seems like a cash grab to me. Come on Bandai, where's the Tamagotchi that we all fell in love with? :/
FINALLY! Perfect explanation! +1

Pleaseplease please make a Color Tamagotchi for the US. I love my TMGC+C, even though it's kind of a throwback to the older Tamagotchis, it still has a lot of nifty perks. It has a built IN TamaTown, and it's always fun when you pick it up no matter how long you've had it. I got bored with my TamaGo pretty much instantly, it just seemed to be lacking a lot of the things I've become familiar with in older Tamagotchi versions. :D What happened, Bandai?!
I'm still waiting to receive my Tama-Go, but i know that i dont like his shape. I love the classic egg a lot more, i cant understand this big egg and his figures to unlock games, items... all this space for this little surprises?

I love the interacting features in it, from what i've read in other users log, the toilet training it's a very good idea :p

I hope to see a specia Tama color too in the near future, and in english... i love Us/European Tamagotchi after the japanese realeses, they're different and sometimes unique as their japanese brothers :D

I like TMGC+C and ID shapes both :D But i found the +C's egg handy :D

i think that the tama-go is a really a rip off because it is 20 bucks and it dosent even come with new battrys :D and u have to keep on buying figurins for games toys items no one whould pay 6 bucks just for 2 games and 4 unlocked items :D what whould bandi use that monny for i bet they will use it all on them selves because they know that the iconimy is bad :p

what happened to the tamagotchis that we knowed and loved alot and pay only for 15 bucks with a battry :( this is just a huge rip off :D i am dissapointed :(

i think that the tama-go is a really a rip off because it is 20 bucks and it dosent even come with new battrys :D and u have to keep on buying figurins for games toys items no one whould pay 6 bucks just for 2 games and 4 unlocked items :D what whould bandi use that monny for i bet they will use it all on them selves because they know that the iconimy is bad :p what happened to the tamagotchis that we knowed and loved alot and pay only for 15 bucks with a battry :( this is just a huge rip off :D i am dissapointed :(
Bandai is just like every other company out there. They want to make money, which is kind of the way it's supposed to be. I'd like to be optimistic and say that they use the all the money they get toward other products they'll make in the future, so in a way, it's because of us that they are successful and continue to churn out Tamagotchis for us. The money doesn't go to individuals, it goes to the company. Also, to each his own. The Tama-Go may be a disappointment to some, but to others, it may be the greatest thing ever, or somewhere in between. Same goes for any version of Tamagotchi out there. :(

I think it would be loads more fun if it was at least back lit better. Its very hard to see the screen without a lot of light. :huh:

I think it would be loads more fun if it was at least back lit better. Its very hard to see the screen without a lot of light. :(
I think binary's log mentions that one is able to change the contrast on the Tama-Go. I imagine that might help at least a little bit. :huh:

Personally, I like the Tama-go, I've had it over 1 week(Generation 2) As what SamJJE101 said, the games are easy and fun(not to mention addictive, well to me XD) The Tama-go has complex games(if you have a lot of Gotchi figures) and the ability to change your room. :( So in my opinion, Tama-gos are simple, but they are fun and perfect for Tamagotchi fans of all ages!!! :huh:

~Memetchi ;)

In my opinion, your opinion of age range (as in "all ages) is the opposite opinion of my opinion about the age range originally opnionized by you. I think it's very childish.
Shame you didn't end up liking yours. I thought you might end up liking it a little.

I don't think its childish but it IS made for a kid. So you do need to keep that in mind. I'm 21, but I still love it, regardless it intended for a child or young teen.

If the Tama-go is very childish then all of the Tamagotchis are. The Tama-go is very much alike all of the other tamas.

Especially the music star. Just you don't play music.

Thats just my opinion on the childish thing. I don't think its childish though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back