Does Tama-Go seem a little simple?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the thing that gets me about the Tama-go is the size. I think it's a fun enough Tamagotchi to play with (I like the characters and the simplicity) but I'm 22 and can't see myself pulling out a nearly fist-sized egg from my purse (since it can't fit in my pocket!) during class or at a meal or out-and-about doing errands. The good thing about it I think is the simple play inspired me to get out my old vintage Tamas and I've been having a lot of fun with them. The large size is just unwieldy, and I just can't figure out where this large size is coming from-- there certainly don't seem to be enough features to account for it. But, this could just be me-- I thought the antennas on V4s and 4.5s were too big and ugly so I never play those either. :p And even if there were features-- such as color-- I just can't see myself playing a Tamagotchi that big.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been off in my own very busy, non-tama universe for a long while. I was excited to find out there was a new tama...then disappointed it wasn't a colour one.

Because I cannot help myself, I bought one anyway. So far - I like the simplicity and the characters. In fact, I like almost everything about it...except that it's SO huge! I mean, I work from home now and it sits on my desk. But it rivals my mouse in size. @_@

Question to those of you with the Tama colour - is it hard to navigate if you don't know Japanese? I have plenty of Japanese tamas, but they are all pretty easy to figure out.

Question to those of you with the Tama colour - is it hard to navigate if you don't know Japanese? I have plenty of Japanese tamas, but they are all pretty easy to figure out.
If you have experience with Japanese Tamagotchis (or any Tamagotchi for that matter), which you do :) , then you'll have no problem navigating the TMGC+C. It has a menu interface and lots of selections and things like this, but you start to know where everything is and memorize things after a while. You don't need to know any Japanese to play with this one. Also, I highly recommend taking a look at THIS GUIDE over in the Reference section. It has everything you need to know about the +C. :)

I think that the Tama-Go is lacking. Since the v4 and even the v3 kind of, the gameplay has been more complex with the jobs (v4, v4.5), family and bonding (v5, v5.5), and the musical career (v6). It seems like Bandai is trying to go back to the basics, but to make the basics better. But this isn't as good as the v1 or v2. It is overcomplicating simple things. They took away something as basic as buying items, or naming your Tama! I understand the no naming on the v5, but this is just strange. It's not very good. I'm disappointed by the Tama-Go.

Well, first of all i kind of agree with you. it is a little simple, I was hoping for it to be more like the version 6. But I love the "walking" feature, and the characters. what I don't like about it is when they get married they have to wait 4 days or something like that to have a kid, I wish that was sooner. One way that I enjoy it more is I have a log! It's fun and exciting! Check it out in my signature! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back