Does Tama-Go seem a little simple?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although, I'm quite content with the Japanese +C. Even though it's, well, in Japanese, it is easily understandable and extremely fun.
Yesss. I've been given a lot of negativity from my friends for buying one. They were saying how it's a waste of money because I won't even be able to read it or use it, and how it'll just be way more complicated to figure out than it needs to be to play with it.

But it's really simple. Just as easy to work as any other Tamagotchi toy. Just takes a little memorization at first.

Many of you have been saying that you LOVE the +C, do you even own it?! I highly DON'T RECOMMEND this tamagotchi. Its extremely boring. Full stop. The only good thing is that its in color. FULL STOP. Its nothing different from a normal Tamagotchi. Except the door icon, which has so many STUPID features. Like getting your fortune told, or going to the park. Most of the features on the TMGC+C are just for LOOKING AT. I only run it because I don't want to upset my parents.

Many of you have been saying that you LOVE the +C, do you even own it?! I highly DON'T RECOMMEND this tamagotchi. Its extremely boring. Full stop. The only good thing is that its in color. FULL STOP. Its nothing different from a normal Tamagotchi. Except the door icon, which has so many STUPID features. Like getting your fortune told, or going to the park. Most of the features on the TMGC+C are just for LOOKING AT. I only run it because I don't want to upset my parents.
I own it and I'm taking BurntSnow's word for it, why lie about something like that? Anyway, to each his own. I'd like to think of the +C as a great homage to the vintage Tamagotchis...you know, the ones that started it all and led to all the Tamagotchis we all know and love so much now? It's not too difficult and not too hard, taking it back to the very heart of what it's all about: taking care of a Tamagotchi. I've been running my +C for 6 generations now and I still love it as much as the first day I got it. I think it's pretty action-packed and not just for looking at. Don't run it at all then, if you wish, you're not going to upset your parents. Kids grow out of toys, it's normal and parents get that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I see the Tama-Go is this:

You pay $20 for half of a Tamagotchi.

Why?

Because if you want the rest of the games and items that are programmed into it, you have to spend more money on $7 figurines to connect and "unlock" them. Thanks Bandai.

I've decided that I am not going to be buying one. I really would play with it and give it a chance if I recieve it as a gift or prize, but I'm just not interested in spending my money on it.

I didn't mean upset my parents! I meant I only run it because I just do... I guess I DO like it... Maybe I was to harsh. Besides, I'm on my 9th gen, I think I like it xD

The way I see the Tama-Go is this:
You pay $20 for half of a Tamagotchi.

Why?

Because if you want the rest of the games and items that are programmed into it, you have to spend more money on $7 figurines to connect and "unlock" them. Thanks Bandai.

I've decided that I am not going to be buying one. I really would play with it and give it a chance if I recieve it as a gift or prize, but I'm just not interested in spending my money on it.
Not all of the content from the figures are preprogramed in the tama. Just three games that we know of.

Not all of the content from the figures are preprogramed in the tama.  Just three games that we know of.
Don't the games and items have to already be programmed into the Tama-Go for the Tama-Go to be able to read (and in the case of items, use) them from the figure?

Even if that's not exactly how they work, it wasn't exactly my point.

My point is that half of the Tama-Go's content has to be unlocked from the figures, and each figure is sold seperately.

(There are only 6 right now, but remember that they promised to release even more figures later on!)

The total cost adds up if you want all of the content/figures. (prices are equal to the Wal-Mart in my area)

Tama-Go $22

Figures x5 $40

total price =$62

That's right. Sixty-Two dollars for the Tama-Go and all six figures.

Don't get me wrong here, I dislike the Tama-Go for more reasons than just this, and I know that it is entirely possible to use the Tama-Go without ever buying an additional figure.

It just peeves me that Bandai is going for such a cash grab with this whole thing. Other than giving us content that they could've put into the Tama-Go from the beginning, the figures are totally useless.

To be honest, I really like the Tama-go, and I don't mind paying extra for the figurines :) .

I agree with the cash grab thing. It ranks up there with trading cards.

I think how it works is similar to how a gameboy game works. There is a ROM chip inside the figures that contains the animations, items, and games.

The main thing I like about it is the characters. Necktietchi is neat. That and the wallpaper and park is a nice touch.

I love the tama go but the only down side is the plastic screen scratches really easly

I got my TamaGo yesterday, so I'm basically experiencing the same thing you are. Yes, it is a little bland, but it's definitely growing on me. I always loved the simplicity of the first version and this has the same feel. I like that this version focuses less on getting a job, like the V4 or playing in a band like the Music Star, but it would be nice if it had a few extra tweaks.

I really hate bandai japan have you seen the new tamagotchi

The tamagotchi nano it doesn't

Have

A

Color screen

But

It's super small

I got my Tama-go and I like it. /Maybe/ most of you like the TMGC+C due to the main fact that it has color.

/Some/ of you may be new to the whole Tamagotchi fad and like the idea that the colored japanese versions gives you more things to do as well, especially being at a younger generation of children..

/Others of you/ will have your own opinion your entitled to that I can't judge you for, so please do the same for me.

But the bottom line is, that's not how they started out to begin with. The first wave of Tamagotchis were released in Japan in the year of 1996! 1997 for Bandai America is when it was first launched and introduced. Even then it was all the rage and everyone was going crazy for them - it was a simplistic game.

They didn't think of the technology they thought of now and all of these additional features, colored or not. The main point of the game is for it to have a wide variety in ranges of age - something quick, easy, and not over-demanding. It's especially good for parents who worry about how hard it is for say "little Johnny" or "little Susie" to comprehend at their age(I have met parents like this before in stores). It's not originally meant to be about all these excessive ongoing features as with the newer generation Tamagotchis..

I'm 19, I still love the Tamagotchis ever since 1997!

As for Bandai America. The only thing that's hindering them back is Bandai Japan. Bandai America can think up all kinds of ideas however Bandai Japan has the final say in what goes and what stays. What else can do they? Go against Bandai Japan and get into a lawsuit, and have the whole company crumbling with their rights taken away and lose the ability to make them? If that ever happened we'd mostly not ever see another Tamagotchi made in America, or any ones in the future of America ever again.

Why not put aside our differences? No matter what Tamagotchi you have, you love it the way you like it and no matter what it's still what it is. A Tamagotchi.

And as for the pricing, maybe Bandai America is attempting to work on a better, more entertaining, more-featured Tamagotchi in the next generation of them. The Tama-go does have some glitches if you are worried about getting all the characters in time.(As said in other parts of the forum. There are also others of you who posted some other information within this topic which is quite useful, such as the binaries.)

The economy is down, so will the companies be down, and other places are going out of business.

I'm just glad to know that Bandai Japan and Bandai America are still rolling in those Tamagotchis!! Keep them coming!!

I, just bought a tama-go 4 days ago, for me, its pretty boring, but maybe because im just in first gen, Bob (my tamas name) just turned into a toddler 2 mins before I posted this. When i went onto the tamatown site for tama-go, i was like "wow, i like the cool night backround thing" and then when i walk around releizing theres no codes or anything you cant buy like a souviner and put it on your tama-go, I said "wooooooow, i payed 30 bucks for my big fat bulky tama-go, and now this?what a shame..."

BUT!! thats just me, I.Personally.Dont.Like.It. :wacko:

V3 is my thing, i grew up with it, (like, when i was 7, im 11 now, yes i know, im a loner...no friends :) )

But, sadly there no v3 in stores. only online... but im not aloud to buy things online, but then again, thats just me.

I think the tama-go is complicated because you have to switch the characters from on top of the tamagotchi to get new game. But I might plan to get one when I have money.

I received my Tama-Go yesterday and I was a little sad that there was little you could do, but still I love Tamagotchi's, I also realized you have to have an extension figure in order to go to those rare shops and games, so that was a bummer... but now, I enjoy it. But yeah it IS a little simple. :unsure:

We shouldn't compare the Tama-Go to the TMGC+C.

BanDai America doesn't have the TMGC+C, nor have they even said anything to the people in America about it at all.

So, unless you're in TamaTalk, Tama-Zone, etc. or have been to TamaDepa, you're likely not gonna know what a TMGC+C is,

mainly because BanDai America doesn't manufacture them, or distribute them in our stores.

Hello everyone. This is BurntSnow posting about the new Tama-Go's simplicity. Music Star aside, it seems to be lacking some things I thought it would have. Maybe it's because I have only had this Tamagotchi for a few hours, but there's no school, toys, etc. Of course, there is the new background option which I love and some awesome Tamagotchis, but there aren't a lot of Tamagotchis to start with (virtual Tamagotchis, not the figures). Does anyone have a little more experience with their Tamagotchi and could tell me if there is something on it I'm not able to see yet? Does anyone else agree that it's a little bland? Personally, what do you like about the Tama-Go?
ummm its like you just take care of it no like (oh take it to school ect....) but its fun to have

I liked the tama-go when I first bought it, but now I'm really bored with it. Now, this is saying a lot considering it's paused all week and I only get the weekends to do anything with it. I booted up a Uratama just for something extra to do.

There are just a lot of things about it that I don't like, but can't really pinpoint them all. Most of you have already stated most of my main problems with it.

The tama-go actually makes me wonder if this will be Bandai America's last tamagotchi, only because they're milking their customers by selling figurines separately and plan to make so many of them. It's as if this is their last big bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back