Dream Town Discussion Thread

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this music is really annoying.. :D

I think Dream Town is not bad, but I liked the V.3 and V.4 TamaTown more than this Town..

Can you send gotchipoints or items to your TF?

I miss the games and stores where you can buy toys and get gotchipoints :(

You are talking to characters the whole time in Dream Town ...

As I already mentioned; Dream Town is not bad, but different and not my cup of tea.

I kind of like the music! :3

You can spend Dream Town Tickets at the Dream Town Fortune Teller, which will give you a random item to send to your Tamagotchi Friends. I got a Tiara for a 3 Ticket thing, and a single Cheesecake for a 5 Ticket thing. ^.^;

But yeah, it's kind of like a giant fetch quest kind of game, which a lot of 'child friendly' games seem to be like. I played Monster High Ghoul Spirit for the Wii recently, and it had that exact same kind of gameplay, where the only thing you do is talk to people, and they tell you to bring them something. Then you bring them something, and they tell you to talk to someone else, or bring them something else. ^.^;

There's a major bug in it right now too... On the third section of Kiramotchi's quests, you can't click on the red recipe paper that you need to continue the game. There's also an item in the Music Cafe that you can't click on, but that's just a random junk item. I'm glad Eternal Mametchi Fan told me about the bug before I found it, otherwise I would have gone crazy trying to find out what was up with it. ^.^;

Here's hoping it gets fixed soon!

I like children's games so I don't mind the gameplay, but it seems that it can be completed in one day, which is kind of a bummer... Hope they add more missions in the future or something.

IT IS OPEN! WOW! Is it worth it? I mean, I just found out, but it doesn't seem like you only need your tama to play...

Dream town disappointed me a bit I mean I thought not as going to be an interactive with your toy game but it's nothing like that and all you do is these side quests which is fun but you need to be able to play around while having them like on other online games. The art makes it ok some of it looks not too well drawn for some reason overall I guess it could be worse but it could be a lot better too.

Well, to me it's one huge dissapointment when compared to Music City, but well, still kinda enjoyable...

I do agree with Carol, I guess... There always was something to do on the Music City, ALWAYS. I don't think it would hurt them if they did something like this, just with attending Dream School and getting the dream jobs instead of making music (though of course it would be a part of it too, for the musician characters)

I think it's amazing! I've never played other TamaTowns but this is absolutely ADORABLE! I love the stories and it's awesome how the characters have their anime personalities. <3 I've beat all the missions for all the characters except for Kiramotchi because she has a glitch.

I think it's amazing! I've never played other TamaTowns but this is absolutely ADORABLE! I love the stories and it's awesome how the characters have their anime personalities. <3 I've beat all the missions for all the characters except for Kiramotchi because she has a glitch.
Hence why you don't dislike it it's a good concept but tamatown was way better just In the sense you could play with your Tama online all this is is a boring kids game with no real reason to play it the v6/tmgo town gave you a reason to play online you could collect characters, make your own house, get a cd ranking to unlock limited edition characters and play with friends. Dream town has none of this just jewelry that's all to get online.

Sure it's cute and all but it's like the dreambakutchi on the pocket designer you can't interact with them as much as a tamagotchi.

Well, even the v3 and v4 Tamatown was better in my opinion. :<
I've seen plenty children games like this in the Internet, nothing special, nothing great... Just ok.

So is it worth buying the toy for?
They're pretty much completely separate games. The only things you can get in Dream Town to put on your Tamagotchi Friends, are the things you can get on the Tamagotchi Friends itself anyway with minigame points.

Soo... I'd say it's not worth getting the toy just for the Dream Town game. But both the toy and Dream Town are worth at least checking out individually. ^.^ Even though they both have some flaws, they're still cute and fun!

Really sad when it wasn't like Music City...I was SO happy when I heard there was gonna be a New TamaTown, but I guess my hopes were too high. :/

- TamaTamatchi

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll stay positive about it if they actually bother to add some scenarios, which I doubt. I like the game but I'm still dissapointed that it's not an actual TamaTown...

Thought you could only get on with a toy? I was sneaky and wrote down my login code from my TF before I sent it back... So ventured on and never got asked for it... Did some tutorials and eventually got bored lol

I never got on any of the other towns so could say I could have been fairly easily pleased with nothing to compare it to but it's too scripted to keep me interested.

Unless I got bored before it got better? Meh. Not gonna go rushing to the store for another toy anytime soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back