Eating disorders?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamaw/pants

Reaction score
Hello the great persons of tamatalk,

As some of you many know, I was worried about a friend who I thought might have had an eating disorder.

I think it'd be good to shed some light on eating disorders here on TT.

I have been wondering this myself for a bit since that incident, what exactly is binge eating?

Feel free to coment on anything to do with eating disorders, if you overcame an eating disorder, what you do when you suspect your friend might have an eating disorder, warning signs, ect.

I know a great website to find everthing you are looking for about eating disorders and growing up and health stuff.

Go to https://kidshealth.org/kid or https://www.kidshealth.org/teen or https://kidshealth.org/parent and go to these articles to find out about binge eating disorder.

https://www.kidshealth.org/kid/nutrition/fo...atdisorder.html This one doesn't have binge but it has others and tips and stuff.

https://www.kidshealth.org/parent/food/prob...nge_eating.html

https://www.kidshealth.org/teen/exercise/pr...nge_eating.html

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't binge eating when you eat food that is no good for you [junk food] all at once then go to the toilet straight after and put your fingers down your throat and sick it all back up? - It sounds like bullumia [i cannot spell]. I read somewhere that whens someone is bullumic it isn't common for them to be underweight, they are usually the average weight or overweight.

No. Binge eating is when you eat like a mucho pig and are usually secretive about it. I used to have that problem when I was in the 8th grade. One big difference between bulimia and binge eating is that with binge eating, you don't throw it up. But the eating a lot is what makes them similar. There are several websites you can go to to read about that stuff, including the ones GotchiGirl96 suggested.

Bullemia: when the person eats tons of food in one meal....then they throw it up (binge+purge)....may store food secretly...and may cut food up alot to make it look they ate alot and will take it to there room......effects:throw up issues(bend down an can't help but to puke)...massive and unhealthy weight loss

Anerexia: the person rarely eats.....and/or excercise alot....... you can see here bones stick out. they refuse to eat, and will occasionally eat like a carrot stick or something effects: dizziness, loss of neccesary fat, massive and unhealthy weight loss

Binge Eating: the person may eat too much with out relizing it....

effects: involuntary throwing up, DEATH

Binge eating is actually more defined by the fact that you do it in intervals; Not just constant chowing down (I think).

0_0

People at school call me anorexic all the time, but i eat more than them :lol:

I had 4 packets of chips at lunch today. I eat so much junk, but i never get any fatter...

I love food.

Lol, Bubba28 I love food too.

I think most of my friends have eating disorders... They're SO skinny It almost scares me.

I don't believe people would put their body through so much pain and all that just to look almost dead.

I don't the ribs look... It's kinda gross.

If I was any skinnier you would be able to see my ribs... I am 166 centimetres tall and weigh about 48 kilos.

I heard something on the news that said some people dont have a gene that makes you gain weight... Thats why some people gain weight really easily (They have more of the gene than others) Some people gain weight at a normal rate (Normal gene amount) and some people dont gain any weight at all (no gene)

I saw an anorexic person at The Supermarket the other day 0_0 I could definitely wrap my hands around her thigh It was SO gross... I hate when people call me Anorexic, I dont look like that!

I think that all the normal weighted people that aren't under weight could set an example to the world. If you are tall enough then you could be a model and then show the world that you don't have to be a super-skinny-size0 person! I think that would make a whole lot of difference in the world! Don't you???

I have a anorexic looking body but i never diet i look after myself with just the right amount of exersise never chuck up on purpose and eat more than my brother who is quite overweight. no matter how much i eat or what i eat i never gain weight (im 33 kgs and im 12) but im quite short and are very well developed

I would never have an eating disorder. I find it sad many choose that path.

0_0People at school call me anorexic all the time, but i eat more than them :mametchi:

I had 4 packets of chips at lunch today. I eat so much junk, but i never get any fatter...

I love food.
Maybe because of your ma-tab-lism (Sp?) it could be slow, but when you get older I heard that the fat will show up later when you grow up..

So be careful on eating a lot just because you're not growing now, it could show up later..

I think..

If I was any skinnier you would be able to see my ribs... I am 166 centimetres tall and weigh about 48 kilos.I heard something on the news that said some people dont have a gene that makes you gain weight... Thats why some people gain weight really easily (They have more of the gene than others) Some people gain weight at a normal rate (Normal gene amount) and some people dont gain any weight at all (no gene)

I saw an anorexic person at The Supermarket the other day 0_0 I could definitely wrap my hands around her thigh It was SO gross... I hate when people call me Anorexic, I dont look like that!
I think you might mean metabolism.

I have a really low metabolism so I gain weight really easily, but it sounds like you have a really high one, so you don't gain weight.

My friend's brother's metabolism is crazy high o.o He's 13, a few inches shorter than me, and weighs around 80 lbs. He eats way more than I do but he's still stick thin. You can see his ribs too x.x I worry about him sometimes, because I know it's not healthy to be that thin. He's like a little brother to me.

This girl that used to be my best friend weighed 115 pounds before the end of school last year, and she came back this year and weighed 65 pounds =/ I worry about her a lot

I have a friend who had a eating disorder. She had anorexia. She thought she was fat when she wasn't so she stopped eating and went on a "diet". and she was only 9.

Wait, aren't you supposed to be able to see someone's ribs? Or do you guys mean you can see the ribs like it's skin pulled very tightly over a ribcage? When I turn around and look in the mirror, I can easily see the ribs in my back (and I can see them from the front easily too), but I'm not underweight.

I think there are some anorexic people at my school. One of my friends (who recently moved) is obsessed with her weight. I'm worried she'll become anorexic. (Every time she talks to me, she tells me how much weight she's lost. And how much she's been exercising, and how she's been dieting.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back