Eating disorders?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm know I'm young but I really want to go on this diet where you don't eat anything and only drink this special drink thingy. It's not crash dieting and it doesn't mean I have a eating disorder. My Mum wants to look it up to find out the dangers of it because I saw a news report on it and it said that it's dangerous sometimes.

Bullemia: when the person eats tons of food in one meal....then they throw it up (binge+purge)....may store food secretly...and may cut food up alot to make it look they ate alot and will take it to there room......effects:throw up issues(bend down an can't help but to puke)...massive and unhealthy weight loss
Anerexia: the person rarely eats.....and/or excercise alot....... you can see here bones stick out. they refuse to eat, and will occasionally eat like a carrot stick or something effects: dizziness, loss of neccesary fat, massive and unhealthy weight loss

Binge Eating: the person may eat too much with out relizing it....

effects: involuntary throwing up, DEATH
Jinx is correct.

My Best Friend had anorexia. For like, what seemed 2 hours. Her mom dang near killed her.

Jinx is correct.My Best Friend had anorexia. For like, what seemed 2 hours. Her mom dang near killed her.
Not eating for two hours is pretty normal. o.0

Not eating for two hours is pretty normal. o.0
Yeah I was expecting something like a couple months or years of having it. But a couple hours? If they weren't hungry and exercising like crazy for 2 hours it's not going to kill them o_O;;;

Just talking about this makes me want to cry. Well, I'm 11, and very, very, skinny. For the past couple of years people have started to call me names. They would laugh at me. Call me anorexic, or even say I don't eat at all. I want to just curl up and die sometimes. There are other people who would stick up for me, but there is really nothing they can do about it. I consult teachers, but they don't do anything. I've even tried the principal. It's useless. :p An old friend of mine really did have an eating disorder. She was very sick and one day I told my parents about her. My parents phoned them, and they took her to a counciler. She did get better, but the thought of her in the hospital would just kill me. My arms are the real problem. I work out to make they strong, but nothing works. I can feel my bone through. It makes me very frustrated, but I'm not going to stop trying. My legs are fine, they are the most muscled legs out of the girls in my class, but my torso shows my ribs-alot.

But lets face it. I'm not fat, I'm not anorexic, and I don't have an eating disorder.

And that makes me happy. No matter what they call out at me.

And I will have people who understand me. Love me, even. And that makes me the happiest person alive.....

And... maybe... just maybe... if they took the time to talk to me. They would understand me, too. Maybe if they just looked back at my friend's sickly face in the hospital, they would never.

ever... call someone like that again.

Just talking about this makes me want to cry. Well, I'm 11, and very, very, skinny. For the past couple of years people have started to call me names. They would laugh at me. Call me anorexic, or even say I don't eat at all. I want to just curl up and die sometimes. There are other people who would stick up for me, but there is really nothing they can do about it. I consult teachers, but they don't do anything. I've even tried the principal. It's useless. :p An old friend of mine really did have an eating disorder. She was very sick and one day I told my parents about her. My parents phoned them, and they took her to a counciler. She did get better, but the thought of her in the hospital would just kill me. My arms are the real problem. I work out to make they strong, but nothing works. I can feel my bone through. It makes me very frustrated, but I'm not going to stop trying. My legs are fine, they are the most muscled legs out of the girls in my class, but my torso shows my ribs-alot.

But lets face it. I'm not fat, I'm not anorexic, and I don't have an eating disorder.

And that makes me happy. No matter what they call out at me.

And I will have people who understand me. Love me, even. And that makes me the happiest person alive.....

And... maybe... just maybe... if they took the time to talk to me. They would understand me, too. Maybe if they just looked back at my friend's sickly face in the hospital, they would never.

ever... call someone like that again.

You should be happy the way you are, brambleclaw! After all, the cats in the forest don't mind. :(

When I was fifteen I was committed to a mental hospital because of severe eating disorders. I was anorexic and bulemic, and my body was wasted. I ate and threw up, but I didn't binge as often as many other bulemics, i threw up after each meal and each snackand exercised two hours every day. i lost over forty pounds in matter of few weeks and i turned pale and full of soft white hairs.The only thing that passed through my system was yogi tea and sugarfree chewing gum and sometimes even diet cokes.

the worst thing about throwing up not only after a binge but also the meals your body needs, you get very, very sick. your body temperature can fall, you loose your period, you start to drool (I did) you have headaches and the risk of getting diseases is high as your body defense system is wearied.

Insomnia, tension, panic, voices, nightmares and hallucinations are only a part of it, but you also get so depressed.

You don't want to throw up anymore but you can't stop it, as nausea is a natural part of eating and even watching food.

for me it was a forcible thing. i had a voice in my head telling me how fat and worthless I was, clumsy and that i smelled bad. i started believing him.

At the hospital i was force fed and followed, and it was terrible.

I have never thoughtof myself or anybody as ugly. i just got sick. if you have problems yu have to consult the school nurse or a doctor, or your parents. also if you see someone having the same issues.

I am grateful.

i think that i might have and eating problem, but not a disorder. i will go like all day w/ out eating and know that i have low blood sugar already and not eating all day makes it work. i dont eat at all cause i am dying 2 be skinny. i want 2 be skinny so bad. i will go all day w/ out anything but a peice of gum and a diet coke sometimes and that can go on for days at a time. and i am dancing everyday of the week and i always get dizzy when i am dancing but i ont do anything about it. do yall think that i have a problem, if so please say so.

It may be hard, but I would say talk to your parents about your problem. But what are you talking about being skinny? You aren't overweight or even a little bit pudgy. Definantly talk to your parents about it, options to help you like maybe going to see a doctor/nutricionist and that should help alot- you just have to open up to people who can and will help you.

Oh my goodness Dead_ Mametchi, all I can say is wow. I actualy have been struggling with eating less and throwing up when I did eat more that I thought I should. Thank you for telling me this- I definantly do not want to make throwing up apart of my eating plan!

[Oh, and if a guide could change 'Know' to 'Now' in my title [typo ^^;] I would be very grateful.]

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that i might have and eating problem, but not a disorder. i will go like all day w/ out eating and know that i have low blood sugar already and not eating all day makes it work. i dont eat at all cause i am dying 2 be skinny. i want 2 be skinny so bad. i will go all day w/ out anything but a peice of gum and a diet coke sometimes and that can go on for days at a time. and i am dancing everyday of the week and i always get dizzy when i am dancing but i ont do anything about it. do yall think that i have a problem, if so please say so.
Not eating is the wrong way to do it. Soon your metabolism will drop and you will not loose any weight - you have to eat small meals about 4-6 times a day.

I developed bulimia for a short period. It was so stupid... I'm usually my own voice of reason and I know how terrible those things are. I don't think I'll develop any other eating disorders. I kind of like my weight. It's not REALLY heavy and it's not REALLY skinny. Just a bit chunky.

You won't really be learning anything, but there's a book called "Perfect" by Natasha Friend (odd last name o__o' that's what it says) about a girl who was bullemic (realistic fiction) and it was a good read on the subject.

I would never have an eating disorder. I find it sad many choose that path.
Lily, no one ever chooses an eating disorder. It's a mental illness. Do depressed people choose to be depressed? Do autistic people choose to be autistic? No, no one ever chooses these things. They just happen. Usually the person is in such denial about their problem that they don't even know what they are doing. Please, never call an eating disorder a choice.

~Rosie

Not eating is the wrong way to do it. Soon your metabolism will drop and you will not loose any weight - you have to eat small meals about 4-6 times a day.
I developed bulimia for a short period. It was so stupid... I'm usually my own voice of reason and I know how terrible those things are. I don't think I'll develop any other eating disorders. I kind of like my weight. It's not REALLY heavy and it's not REALLY skinny. Just a bit chunky.
i cant help it, i think that i will get fat and i am dying 2 be skinny! i just cant eat i get sick when i see food and i dont eat at all, if i am shaking and about 2 pass out beacause of my low blood sugar, which makes it even worse, then i will have something sweet, but then my whole bodyu will just colapse. no1 knows that i am dying 2 be skinny and i want 2 be so bad. i dont know i am not skinny.

i cant help it, i think that i will get fat and i am dying 2 be skinny! i just cant eat i get sick when i see food and i dont eat at all, if i am shaking and about 2 pass out beacause of my low blood sugar, which makes it even worse, then i will have something sweet, but then my whole bodyu will just colapse. no1 knows that i am dying 2 be skinny and i want 2 be so bad. i dont know i am not skinny.
Tell me your weight and height and I bet your weight is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back