Half Human, Half Animal

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(('m using my ds so forgive any mistakes I'll edit them as soon as i get the chance!))

Len was in his happy place. He was deep in the forest on a high tree branch solving an intricate puzzle his father crafted for him out of wood. The wind was blowing softly and created a nice breeze, that coupled with the calming sounds of the forest was perfect calming, and thinking, conditions for the pine marten boy. Allthough, he had to admit that the birds seemed to be noisier than usual, but he simply chalked that up to some of the others like him playing about. He would occasionaly carefully set his puzzle down to quaff some of the incredibly sweet friut juice his mom made from a canteen he had fastened to the side of his pants (also attached to his belt, just in case). And then, with a content sigh, he would set back to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jasmine started blankly at the blue bird. She also heard the snap in the trees. Swiftly and gracefully, she stood up and morphed into her animal form. Now, where she had been standing, was a beautiful Snowy Owl. Her large yellow eyes glowed in the dim light. She hooted to the little bird, motioning her to come and check out what the noise was.

Oh gosh, I've neglected TT for too long. So sorry!

(Serenity)

"Well, I'm going to search somewhere else," Serenity said, beginning to walk off. "Thank you for the help." When she was out of view, she morphed into a cat, and ran even faster. She stopped about a half hour later, by the beach. Tears came again, rolling down her face, dripping onto her paws.

Faith, where could you possibly be?

(Faith)

With a yawn, Faith rose in her tiny cave, clutching her stomach.

"I'm starving," she thought. "Time to find food."

But after searching the small island completely, Faith found no food.

"Okay, then," she muttered. "Time to relocate, then." Morphing back into her human form, she leaped into the air, and into the frigid water. The closest island was only a few hundred yards away, and Faith, being a fairly good swimmer, made it to the other side in a few minutes.

Upon reaching the island, she morphed back into cat form, instantly picking up a scent. Running towards it, she found not food, but other people. Morphing back once more, she stepped forward.

"Hello?" she said meekly. "Anybody there?"

Still in owl form, Jasmine turned her head and watched two cats approaching. One of them morphed into a human. She also changed back into human form. "Hello there", she said nicely.

Allie also morphed, and perkily smiled and waved at the strangers.

"Hiya! I'm Lani, Miss Alouekaie if you're nasty," She said, smiling and giggiling the whole time. She held out her hand to shake. "Please do call me Allie!" She had quite a good sense of humor, and her true self was beginning to shine through. "We're looking for a snapped branch, because I heard a snapped branch earlier, and I hope nobody got hurt, because if someone did get hurt, that would be really bad, and I would feel all guilty for not finding the snapped branch and well anyways, cats have good hearing and all that good stuff, so we were wondering if you heard it too. Or perhaps saw it. Any ideas, suggestions, or.." Allie sped through each word at 100mph. "Well if you heard it, please tell us because we would be grateful and we are hoping nobody got hurt because that would be bad, and.." Allie paused to breathe and continued on as the others were beginning to be really annoyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh wouldja look at that! A parrot! Gosh, I love parrots. They're all colorful, and they're birds like me! They're just so interesting.." Allie began a whole different conversation about parrots.

Len smiled at his work. Just one more piece left and he will complete the puzzle. But, as he was about to pop it into place it slipped out between his fingers and fell to the ground. He glared at the approximate spot that the piece should have fallen. He carefully put the rest of the puzzle into a small pouch and then started climbing back down the tree. He could have turned into his animal form and climbed down faster, but he often has wondered about what happens to his clothing when people transform, and so developed the strange fear of turning back human wearing someone else's clothes. He has already been told many times that that can't happen, but it still doesn't quell his thoughts. Regardless, he eventually climbed back down the tree and crouched on the ground, looking for the final puzzle piece.

((I've been playing way too much Professor Layton, I've been imagining Len being British))

Jasmine looked around at the group of girls standing around her. She'd never seen so many shifters in one place on the island. Most kept to themselves, including herself. Then she noticed Allie still rambling on about something she didn't even bother to listen to. "So- Allie is it?- do you ever take a breath?" She asked, her voice filled with sarcasm.

"Ehhh.. Once or twice a conversation. All this talking helps with the messenger work, you know. I sing lots, and it helps me get the most out of one breath."

OOC: Sheesh, I haven't been here for a while!

Eve shifted into cat form. She walked over to a group of girl chattering away. Her tail swished as she ran behind a tree. She transformed into human and walked over to the girls. "Hi, I'm Eve." She chirped.

Latest posts

Back