I aM tHe WaLrUs

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, cool. Still sounds good to me. Better than what we can get at school. xD

Asher put on his seatbelt, and started the engine. He had one hand on the wheel, and once he'd put it in gear, the other in Lucy's. "They fit perfectly. It is amazing." He couldn't help but smile as he saw the ring on her finger-- he just felt something amazing whenever he saw it. He chuckled and observed her wearing his sunglasses. "You look great in them. First my jacket, now my sunglasses. You'll soon own my entire wardrobe," he commented.

We have a lot of variety, I really like the food. In two or three months I might not be saying the same thing, but for now, it rocks. =)

"Well, if I end up owning your entire wardrobe, it would be a double win for me. I'd have all your clothes, and you wouldn't have any clothes to wear. That would make me a very happy Lucy," she said, giggling with delight. "And when we're married, it'll definitely be an extra good thing." She kissed the back of his hand, then admired the ring on her finger. "I love this ring, even though you honestly didn't have to buy me one that's this nice. I would have been fine with a plain ring made of plastic."

That's true, I suppose. The novelty of ours kinda wore off after a year there xD

Asher had to laugh at what she'd said. "I'm worrying about the fate of my clothes now. Though, I have to say, it's not as though I mind you seeing me with nothing on. If I become more attractive to you because of it, maybe I'll do it more often," he laughed, "Really, though, you know I would if you asked, so make sure you're serious." He then softened his smile and said, "It's important. If it was plastic, that would say a lot about me. That I thought you weren't worth a real one, that it didn't mean as much to me. And you know why else it's important? If it was plastic, it would fade, chip, break. A ring on your finger is to say, 'I love you forever,' and a plastic one wouldn't. Besides, we're only getting engaged once."

Hahaha. Well, the food in high school wasn't that good, so this is definitely an upgrade!

"Well, after we're married, I'll seriously have to consider asking for your wardrobe. We can cross that bridge when we get there, of course," Lucy told him, laughing. But then she listened to his explanation of why buying a good engagement ring was important, and she sighed softly, shaking her head. "You're really thoughtful, but the ring isn't what matters to me. Just knowing that you want to share your life with me is enough to make me happy forever."

Yeah, I imagine college food is better.

But can you not cook anyway, if you don't feel like anything you can buy?

Asher smiled and said, "Okay, I'll keep myself prepared. It definitely means continuing to work out, in that case. Though, I thought I might, anyway; I know you're a fan of my washboard abs and such," he laughed. He shrugged slightly and said, "I know that. But I wanted to for you, okay? Every so often, a girl just deserves something really special, and I think an engagement ring should be one of them."

Yeah. so it's all good.

Lucy said, "Maybe... I could work out with you, a little bit? Or at least watch, because I want to see my gorgeous fiance-- son to be husband-- in action. I'd be like your... cheerleader! Maybe I'd even wear the outfit, just to try and look cute for you. It would give you an incentive to do a really good job, right?" She giggled, then gave Asher's hand a gentle squeeze. "Well... thank you, Asher. You're the best friend, the best man, and the best boyfriend anyone could ever ask for."

Anything else really awesome about college life? :)

"I think I'd like that a lot," Asher chuckled, trying to visualise that, finding the thought amusing yet strangely attractive. "You can do some with me, or you can watch and cheerlead, whatever you feel like. It'd certainly make it a lot easier." It definitely would; most of the time in Vietnam, he actually hadn't done any physical working out of his own accord. Clearly, his abs were a result of many situps and crunchies, both from drills and from working out, but overall, things like his bulked up arms, tighter legs and thing like that, usually came as a result of his daily working routine. So to have the incentive to work out to keep it all up was a bonus for him-- though wanting to look good for Lucy was incentive enough. He then smiled, squeezing her hand back gently, "You're welcome. You are, too, you know. The most beautiful woman I've ever known, inside as well as out. And I can't believe you're mine."

No curfew. Holy crap, I love being able to do what I want, when I want. =)

"We'll both look good and work out together, then. It'll be a lot more fun than working out alone, in my opinion," Lucy said, looking out the window as the scenery flew by. they would be in Montana very soon, she knew, and she was getting more and more excited as time went by. She loved Asher's parents, and couldn't wait to see them in happier circumstances. They'd be so surprised! "Well, when you say that, then it's obvious that we should be in love with each other."

That really does sound amazing. And I bet also that somehow you manage to find the energy for a night out, and then still get up in the morning?

"Sure, we'll put some music on.. Tight fitting sports stuff," Asher laughed at that, and nodded in agreement. He watched as things became more familiar to him. He remembered the first parts of his drive to his new life in New York very well indeed. Gradually, the terrain became hillier, and soon peaks were visible, poking through the clouds. He then grinned as he said, "We are now officially in Montana."

Somehow xD Although weekends are when I go out late.

Lucy clapped her hands and gave a loud cheer, then said to Asher, "I love taking trips with you. I never get bored, and it's nice to have you with me when I do things. Plus, I really like your parents, and I can't wait to see them again! This time, I'll be happy, and not disgusting looking, of course." She giggled, then rested her head against the window, looking out at the landscape, finding new things to love about Asher's home-state.

That's cool. I'm uber jealous of your lack of curfew.

But, then, apparently all my friends go to bed at 9:30. I don't know how they do it, especially because they get up an hour later than me in the morning. I couldn't possibly go to bed then. By the time I'd done everything I needed to, I'd have no time for anything before I went to bed.

"Well, I have to say, this is the best trip I've ever been on. And that's saying something. When I was living by myself, I really had no intention of visiting home for a long time." Asher smiled and pulled off left at a fork in the road. "I'm actually looking forward to seeing them again. Everyone. Everything." They were on the home straight now, and about a half hour later, they arrived. He pulled up a little way from the house-- to keep it a surprise until the last moment when the door was answered. "Here we are," he said, shutting off the engine.

We can come and go whenever we like, which is pretty cool. And lots of my friends don't go to bed until pretty late.

Lucy smiled at Asher, then climbed out of the car, deciding to keep their bags stowed away until later, so they wouldn't be noticed as easily if they were sneaking up with luggage. She took Asher's hand, then walked up towards the house with him, humming softly. Before they were in clear sight of the house, Lucy pulled him close and kissed him passionately. When she drew back, she said, "I just wanted one last big kiss before we go into our more... tame behavior." She giggled, then let her hand slide into his once more.

That is cool. Is it like university here, or do you have to go to every single class you have?

Asher was buzzing with excitement at surprising his parents, seeing them again-- and their faces when they saw that he was alive. The kiss had taken him by surprise, but he enjoyed it, kissing her as passionately as he could, to satisfy himself and her before that kind of thing wouldn't happen for a while. "Good thinking," he said in reply to her comment, chuckling. He then squeezed her hand and lead her to the door of the house. He hesitated before knocking. It seemed to take forever, but he could hear their voices coming from inside, and he knew they were there. His mother answered the door.

She took a moment to register. In her silence, he said, "Hi, Mom."

Sarah put her hands over her mouth in shock, her eyes wide, tears coming to her eyes. "Asher.. Is that really you.. My boy?" She then threw her arms around him and cried into his shirt while he hugged her tightly. "I thought you were.. But you.. Oh, gosh.. You really are here aren't you? I'm not dreaming?"

"It really is me, 'ma, I promise. I'm here, and I always will be. There was a big-- a huge mistake. They thought that man you saw was me. And I couldn't call you or do anything about it."

I can't remember if he called them or not now.. This might be completely wrong. Do you remember?

Well, you can skip class, but i don't recommend it. if you skip class, there's no way to make it up, honestly.

I think he did call before, actually. but we can easily pretend he didn't.

Lucy smiled and took a step back once his mother opened the door, not wanting to intrude on their reunion. She simply watched, an indescribable feeling of joy overcoming her, making her eyes water up. She went back to the car to grab their suitcases, thinking it would be best to give them their alone time. She opened the trunk of the car, then pulled things out one by one, humming softly as she did so.

Ah, I see. Your classes seem a lot more important than lectures. I mean, they're a lot easier to make up than yours, then.

I realised after I wrote it xD Never mind.

I can't remember his dad's name, either. Gosh, what's wrong with me?!

"I'm so happy to see you! Well-- that's an understatement considering I never thought I would see you again.." Asher's mother said, sniffling, pulling away, reaching up to touch her son's face. "When did you get so handsome? And so strong, too!"

By the time, Asher's father had heard the commotion, and had come through, looking as shocked as Sarah had.

"Dad!" Asher called, beckoning him to come to him. They shared a hug and a few words, and all was well. Everyone was very overwhelmed by it all.

When Lucy returned, Asher wrapped an arm around her and said, "Well, you know who this is. Lucy and I thought we should come to visit as soon as we could." He took the suitcases from her and they family all went inside. He dropped the bags outside his room-- they would sort things like who was going where later.

Our lectures are very hard to make up. Besides, when I'm in class, I actually enjoy it. =)

xD Silly goose!

Lucy smiled up at Asher, then went inside with him and the rest of the family, wrapping an arm around his middle. "It's good to see both of you again," Lucy told his parents, her face practically hurting from how hard she was smiling. Today was going to be an amazing day, she could tell. Already it had been wonderful, and it was just getting better. She then silently held out her left hand to Asher's parents, showing them the engagement ring he had bought for her.

I guess I wouldn't skip if I was doing music all day, either xD

BILL, darnit! xDD

"And it's wonderful to see you, too, my dear!" Sarah said. Both her and Bill gave Lucy tight hugs and gave her excited, warm smiles. It was much better to see her under these circumstances, too. She certainly looked so much better, happier, more beautiful.

Then they all met in the living room, where Lucy had showed the engagement ring. At first, it didn't process.

"Oh, my, what a beautiful--" Sarah began, before her face lit up. "Is it..? You're..? Really..?" She was having a hard time expressinf herself at the moment, overwhelmed.

Asher smiled and said, "Okay, calm down, Mom." He the took a deep breath. "Yes, really. I came back a few days ago, and it was then that I asked Lucy to marry me."

The classes are actually really interesting! I love studying music

xD yay!

Lucy took Asher's hands in her own, giving him a smile of adoration. "He got back on my birthday, and surprised me at the park. I couldn't believe he was actually there, and then he gave me flowers and cake. And he bought me a pashmena, and then... then he gave me the surprise of my life, by asking me to marry him. Of course I couldn't say no... He's my world." She smiled at Sarah and Bill and said, "I hope that you approve, of course. I want to be a part of your family more than anything."

I bet. I wish my days only consisted of Music, Art, History and French. And next year, they probably will =D

Sarah and Bill looked a whole number of things. Flabberghasted was one of them. Yes, they knew their son was in love with someone, but somehow, even after they'd met Lucy, it sometimes felt fictitious, as it was completely unlike Asher. And now, their hugely talented, yet described as socially challenged son was getting married. But they were also ecstatic. They had never seen Asher look so happy and in love with life or another person.

"Why, you're already part of the family. Of course you have our acceptance," Bill said, "It's wonderful news. The best we've had in years."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back