OMG! My mom just said...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew it was on there and yes my parents always brag me about not giving out personal info. on the internet!!!

well with me i live on england so i have a smaller chance of getting found but i never give details away anyway

Hmm.. I doubt it was, however, I guess this is a good time to make a point.

Personal Information is personal. Never ever give it out. Not to any one.. Unless your parents have given permission. Don't hassle your parents into it either.

Do you know what channel it was on? Most news channels have a website that you can follow up the stories.. Could you check the site and provide us with a link so we can have a read? :)

Whoa! That is extremely scary! Could you please PM me and give me the station/network that you saw it on. I'd like to read more about it etc.

As many others have said:

Its called personal information for a reason. Its PERSONAL! No one else has any right to know it.

TamaTalk could get sewed for this!
Tama Talk, in no way took part to do with that incident.. Therefore cannot be held responsible of it.

Sadly, there are sick people in the world. Which do look to do these types of things. And sadly, they get the chances to do these types of things to people (kids in particular) Its a message to all of you. DO NOT, EVER give out any information to anyone, unless your willing to take a life threatening risk. (sorry to put it in such harsh words, but its 100% true)

//Haze

That's one of the stupidest things you could do. Anyone can find your address from your phone number.
Well, i didn´t give ANYONE on here my number, i was just asking!

JEEEEeez Give me a break!

Wow, you do have to be very careful on the internet.

Dont ever tell anybody, (On any site!) anything!

I have to PM admin sometime, for some reason!

Well sorry - i do have a problem sometimes believing everything i read here - but if nothing else - this topic does get everyone thinking about giving out personal details....

It is dangerous - don't do it - and I'd NEVER arrange to meet anyone i have only met on an internet site - even in a public place - that is just silly.

GK1

lol it´s good i live in Spain. I am safe.

*phew!* :)

rambo20, the fact of living in Spain doesnt make it safer. :D :p

I live in Spain too!

And it still isnt safe...

And ys, Im shocked tamatalk shoudl appear on TV, but all the same, this isa kids site, full of kids, so kidnappers cna use it to wheedle info out of kids that dont know much about how dangerous the Internet is...

Anyway, so, as been reminded by many people, dont give out your whole name, nor phone number, nor adress, nor anything!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow i hope shes okay!!! do you no what her username was?? u should never, and i mean never give out personal info.

what was the channel and time and...and how????????my mama always says:

nie tavai personala informetion eh computor(dif. language for dont give info on web)

im scared from all the bad guys out there......this may sound weird but i think the reason all the huricanes and stuff is happening is cuz god is punishing all the bad ppl(good ppl sufure too ) :huh:

Wowie. That gives me an idea of WHY I'm not giving out my address or whole name or phone number or anything.

Because it's very easy for a perverted 45-year-old man to go online and say he's an eleven-year-old girl looking for a penpal. Just thinking about who else is on the Internet gives me the creeps. Sad as it is, there are VERY nasty people out there who want kids to feel comfortable giving out their full name, address, and phone-# online.

Maybe it's just me being naive and thinking noone could be that silly, but I never give out info like that, It doen't take anything more than a little bad luck for someone to become a target... We all should take this as a lesson ^_^

Although, not everyone you meet is a bad person, same for the net, just be wary of new people B)

WHOA... Wish I had seen this one before... Cautions about being careful what you do online always apply... To my knowledge TAMATALK HAS NEVER BEEN INVOLVED IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS. If the site were involved we normally would be contacted by the police or other s for logs and such... This has NEVER happened. Maybe it was a different forum site... Bbut not TT. We'd love to make the news some time but not in this way. ^_^

Maybe it was something called like Tamagotchi Talk or TamaChat :p I think your mom was kinda trying to teach you a lesson. I dont think it was featured on the news. Sorry if I am wrong, its just I always watch the news with my mom and adad and the only real bad thing I have seen in the last week was this poisonous dog food ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back