OMG! My mom just said...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were recent news stories about social sites like MySpace and others in which people gather, talk and get to know each other. The stories center on how parents should be active in guiding their children online and avoiding some of the traps that can occur from the sickos out there. That is a good thing. Personal information should remain private... This applies as much to online as to receiving a phone call from a stranger. The news just likes to hype up the big bad news stories involving the "scary" online world.

There were recent news stories about social sites like MySpace and others in which people gather, talk and get to know each other. The stories center on how parents should be active in guiding their children online and avoiding some of the traps that can occur from the sickos out there. That is a good thing. Personal information should remain private... This applies as much to online as to receiving a phone call from a stranger. The news just likes to hype up the big bad news stories involving the "scary" online world.
In any huge growing site, there are bound to be problems :p

However, these are the sort that I would prefer to avoid :p

It takes a certain amount of... foolishness... shall we say, to be lured into that trap, but all the same....

It just proves not all publicity is good publicity.... :D

Stay Safe :lol:

Well,That girl was very foolish.How could someone think/do that?Like for the boys,They will get in DEEP troble by their parents,the Cops and everybody else.If they are like 45,They would go to court.And for the girl,She will get in troble from her parents.Because kids under 16(Or 13 I cant remember!)can`t go to jail.My older brother told me if u stael the polic will come and take u away because everyone exepit you knows everything XP.I was 4 at that time.It was 4 years ago.But how can this happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
omg, that's freaky!!!!!!!!! do you know wut state that happended in?because i do live in the united states(it's not like anyone can trace me!)? because now im scared

does anyone know her name? She probably got banned from the internet by her parents.

Yeah, they have also been sotries regarding Teen Blogs and MySpace on a podcast I listen too. I think it's just a general warning to all. I think that anyone without common sence should not be allowed on the internet. People should know not to say your address, People should know not to hand out your phone number. It's just common sence. :furawatchi:

what petifiles

wow I never saw it and I like the news!You must be out of Florida.I give some info like how old I am and what city I live in but never the neighborhood or my first or last name.I never would give out anyother info such as that.

i wonder what admin will say about that...........whoa its scary........anytone could be a stocker.....whoa...................................................

0_o Holy crud....

I seriously doubt TamaTalk was on the news. Try to find the site of the news that brodcasted it. But I doubt TT was on the news, because they would HAVE to ask Admin first. Otherwise, Admin could sue the people or something, since they own TamaTalk and people blabbed about it without their knowledge.

But that stuff does happen on other sites. Like I could be a 70-year old man, or a guide could pretend to be a 12-year-old boy and be a 30-year-old woman. (No offense of course.) But you never know on the Internet. It's okay to put, "I live in the USA, and am a 11-year old girl." but not "My phone number is so-and-so, my adress is so-and-so, and my last name is so-and-so." But really, most people are smart enough to avoid that stuff. But some aren't.

~Mimitchilover

That is shocking.I do agree, the internet is fun but is also dangerous.You shouldn't give out any information, even if you think it is not important.By the way, what happened to the girl?

Concerned and Wondering,

From poopy :rolleyes:

It's true. NEVER give out persinol info on the internet. Like if you are gonna put your name on your siggie, never put your last name. I hope something like this never happens again or @ least 4 a long time. I'm still really shocked. :rolleyes:

My Mom just said something that put me in total SHOCK! Here's the situation:
I just picked out my new avvie, right? Right. So I call mom downsatirs and she looks at it in my profile.

Then she's says, "Please don't give out personal information."

I say, "I know, that, Mom. Because of safety."

And then she says, "On the News they were showing TamaTalk."

"How come?!" I stammer.

"3 guys convinced a 12-year-old girl to come with them. So she went to their apartment."

"Did her parents know?"

"I'm not sure."

"Those must be pretty gulible parents."

"Yeah, well, don't give out personal info, or tell any one you'll be outside your house at a certain time or anything. Just be safe."

I say, "OK. Thank you for telling me."

And that is why I am typing madly at the key board. How could this happen on Tamatalk? On the other hand, how could it not... Well, ppl, don't give out personal info! Just be safe, PLEASE! The internet is fun, but dangerous. :puroperatchi:
That is upsetting beyond words! I just hope we don't get banned... for good! WHo knows what could happen just because of this TV thing? My mom said that she heard something about TamaTalk, but she never told me about what had happened!

[SIZE=30pt]And my mom never lets me give out personal info anyway![/SIZE]

Holy mimitchis in tamatown.. This is weird how everyone is getting attacked on the internet +o(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, things happen like that. That's why nobody should give out their info. This site is practically welcoming predetors to convict people to come with them. It's just plain wrong.

-tamaluv

Thanks for telling us. God, tere have been way to many internet storys lately.... I's sad. Some people really don't have common sense, some people out there have gotten in major trouble with the internet and I'll leave out details. If you watched oprah... then yeah xD

That's strange, in two ways. One: it's just plain sad that there are sickos out there who enjoy decieving others and then hurting them.

Two: we are doing public speaking in class and one of the speeches I heard was about Internet safety.

Man, there is a bit of space-wasting here. I had to scroll sideways to read!

AWWWW DARNIT....... when i sign up for things i send mi postal code.........but i wanna start carrying sumthing sharp everywhere i go......just incase u no?

you should definnitly not even give out your town :) ....bcuz they could esaly Bcuz if they know your name they could track you down adn find you... :) :unsure: ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back