parents strike on tamas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my experience shows that it's not mainly the noise ppl are fed up with (though my sister really hates it, so I either take off the noise or close the door - which I just did B) ), for you can do something against it (that is taking it off), most parents are afraid of the fact that because of tamas their children may neglect their studies/friends/anything, but studies are the most common problem. I never experienced such, for I always managed to study and get good marks (hah, in secondary school it was so easy :eek: but university just kills me these weeks...), but many of my friends/classmates had their tamas taken away for study neglecting reasons - most of them did neglect their studies I would say, so in a way I can understand parents. However, I think in this case "preventing before trying" is not the way out, and they should see first whether the child really neglects school duties because of tamas, and they should warn the child not to, and should not take them right away (which is a rather stupid thing to do I would say, thinking of that why the hell did they invest their money into the poor tama then?).

My parents don't actually mind Tamagotchis, and they don't get annoyed whenever I start playing with them.

When I was at school one day, I asked my Mum if she'd look after my Tamagotchis (I had about 3 running) and she said yes, I think she likes them. x]

~ Bethiee. :]

OMG!!

my mom gets mad whenever i play with a virtual pet..

she tries to take them away all the time!

its sooo annoying..why does she even care if i play with a tamagotchi!?!

My dad hates the sound.Other then that,my parents don't care.Then again I don't take much care of them because I have them on pause.I stay up all night and every time one beeps,I spring into action.

You know, my parents wouldn't let me have tamagotchi's when they first came out, and now that I'm old enough to buy my own, I don't see anything wrong with them. I mean seriously, kids could be into waaayyy worse things than a digital pet. I love my tams. They're a nice way for me to relax. I'd rather have my kids into tamagotchi's than an xbox or playstation. At least tams are portable.

My parents just hate the fact that I have so many. I don't have that much compared to some people's collection, but everytime I ask to get a new one, they bring up how big is my collection and that this 'Tamagotchi obsession' will be over in now time at all and all my Tamagotchis will go to waste. I have been loving Tamagotchis for over 4years now, and I don't think I will stop now. :(

I think they just dont want us happy, porbably :huh:

But another reason would bee......

Parents probably want us to live life and not spend most of your time with toys.They want us to take a break with it, and do something better.But I love Tamas, and my parents dont understand why I want them, but I do.And I will keep collecting, forever and ever! :mimitchi:

My parents think that Tamagotchi's the reason why I have glasses.
Suuurrree.
Funnily enough, my mum thought that too when I first got glasses about a year or two ago. She thinks that Tamagotchi give me eyestrain and stuff. Actually, back then, it was anything that was backlit that made me dizzy (computer, TV, Nintendo DS and if the TMGC+C was out and I had one then that might have been a problem too).

I kinda half agree on parents taking away Tamagotchi for various reasons.

On one hand, they need to at least tell you first what they don't like about you playing with Tamagotchi. It might even be just the sound (though I doubt it) and they may not know that the sound can be turned off. (Personally I think the beeps are far more annoying on the Famitama/Familitchi/v5, so I don't blame them if they hate the sound on that.) Or they might think that you need to study more or something. Then at least when you know the reason you can try and make amends, like studying a bit harder or turning the sound off.

On the other hand, sometimes Tamagotchi can be a bit of a distraction and possibly consume part of your life. I stopped playing with Tamagotchi near the beginning of this year and it does feel as if though a weight has lifted off my shoulders. You see, I was on 100+ generation on my v1 (104th Generation to be exact, though the generation screen only showed 99G). Believe it or not, I really did feel stressed making sure that it stayed alive. I never really had trouble caring for my v1, but I was worried that one day I would forget to pause it (using the clock set screen) or it would come off pause somehow, depart and then I'd have to start all over again right from 1st Generation. This was one of my biggest worries. Often I felt as though I had to have my Tamagotchi right beside me (except for when I was in a swimming pool etc.) for comfort. Another thing that may sound unbelievable is that Tamagotchi actually induced a few completely ridiculous fears in me: 1) fear of rain/storms/water (though for the most part I was alright with having a shower, drinking water, washing my hands and everyday things like that- my worry here was that my Tamagotchi would fall in water and break), 2) fear of leaving the house (in case something happened like if I took my lanyard off and lost my Tamagotchi) and 3) fear that my Tamagotchi would depart.

Sorry for the long post!

Hah. My parents know I love tamagotchis. XDD

But I think some parents hate tamagotchis because they beep a lot, but my parents don't care. I don't usually leave the sound on anyways.

My mom hated the idea of the tamagotchi, and strongly objected to me having one, but when I demonstrated the ability to care for one while balancing a normal life, she eased up a bit.

And as long as I get good grades and do my homework, my dad couldn't care less what I do in my spare time. It's not like tamagotchi are the focus of my life. Sure I collect them, but they're just a hobby. Real life comes first.

So yeah - as long as I stay grounded in reality, my parents have no qualms about allowing me to raise virtual pets.

or they take your tama when you dont take your eyes off it

∩___∩

(='.'=) <_ super bunny

(")_(")

You sound like batman. My parents don't care.
I really do spring into action.On night my tama was in it's house on the floor and I heard it beep and I fell out of the bed trying to grab it.

Oh my goodness.

My mom does NOT like tams at all. Today I told her "Why dont you just try using one? they arent that bad!" and she said "when they first came out, and you were three, I got you one and had to take care of it the WHOLE TIME! IT wouldnt stop beeping so I put it away somewhere! They arent that great."

I dont know. They sure are different now. I wish my mom would like them too, so she could watch them for me sometimes D: that would be nice.

My dad doesnt like them either. I have no clue why.

I used to be SUPER UBER obsessed, and I have no clue why. I could definetly live without them, but I like them and think they are adorable so I dont know why I SHOULDNT use them, you know?

Sometimes when I leave my tams laying around, my mom scoops them up and hides them somewhere..... its rather funny actually XD

I think I should get my mom a tamagotchi for Christmas :D or an after Christmas present when I have money :D

Then, even if she doesnt use it, I can have it afterwards :p

YEah my mom hates!*i mean hates* my tamas! For no reason either. I try not to play with them alot but I just can't stay away from them!I don't know...My dad doesn't mind though:)

Wow. As mean as that was I don't think he was against them. He probably was just a little annoyed. I know that parents have stress and having someone take out their tama all the time could get ... agrivating. He probably just didn't under stand. i don't think that we can conclude by his actions that all parents are against tamagotchis. my mother loves them just as much as me and will go to far ends to help me get the design I want. It could be just dads, but I wouldn't know because I grew up without one. but lets not assume or jump to conclusions. I know I don't like it when my mom sees a kid my age acting up and immediately thinks I must be just like him/her. Sit tight tama talkers :(

Dawnieheartz :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back