Pokemon ORAS: General Discussion

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you get OR or AS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh... No, no. Mystery Gift isn't gone. I just wish the one like the Gameboy Color ir came back so you could get more free stuff. (S,G,C) I miss doing that so much, probably what killed my gold battery...

I beat the game and the Delta episode. Those legends. @_@

Master ball on big D. Not Ray. Ray is pretty easy actually, used 4 ultra balls.

I have a feeling other legends are going to unlock when the game ages a bit more.

Omega Ruby player here ^^ currently have 7 badges, and a team so overleveled that it's really taking every bit of challenge away from the game :D But I still like it, really awesome game... :)

I'm getting Alpha Sapphire, I don't have it yet as I'm getting it and a 3DS for Christmas (I don't already have a 3DS and I can't afford one D:). From what you're all saying it sounds like an awesome game, I can't wait for Christmas xP

I am loving the extras they put in here. Caught all the dogs... I am sorta glad none of them showed up shiny, I was honestly getting really annouyed of the number of shiny event ones. Even my own...

Not sure how I am going to scare up a Palkia though. No Pearl, No OR... Oops. Lol. Although, I am pretty sure I had one from Diamond GTS...?

I want them to re release mew again. At level 1. Hahaha. I feel weird for having my lv100 mew in my party again... It ran pokemonX with me...

I got AS a while back, and really it just felt like a normal remake in most of the beginning

As someone who knows Emerald by heart, it really just felt as if I was playing the same game again.

But then things seemed reeeeeeally different for me once the plot began to pick up, and the ending in 3D was just downright beautiful

Sure, yeah, it was probably because I played Emerald rather than Sapphire, but it was enough for me

And the Delta Episode was really good for the most part, and all in all this is now one of my new favorite Pokemon games (pfft like all of them)

Oh and about the Delta Episode, there was one thing that really irked me (In spoilers because some people may have not beaten the game...)

Why do they have it to where you have to catch Rayquaza, then battle Zinnia, then catch Deoxys all in a row? Seriously?

At the time I thought it would have been best to save the Master Ball for some other legendary, since I didn't know what all Pokemon were really in the game,

But really, why have it like that? I had to do all of that all over again many times because of it.

Eh, I guess it doesn't really matter considering that you actually get to have a Pokemon battle in space lol

Also I'm still trying to figure out how to catch all of the Legendaries on my own, but I'm still stuck on Uxie and Azelf because nothing else happens when I enter Nameless Cavern lel

The Uxie and Azelf (mespirit too) have times to catch them. One is in the middle of the night... mid day and evening. I ended up catching the middle of the night ones first... Best waste of a good nights sleep ever. Lol.

In short... This.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792672-pokemon-alpha-sapphire/70735060

For the dogs you either need to have caught Ho-oh or Lugia in ORAS. If it comes up...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh... No, no. Mystery Gift isn't gone. I just wish the one like the Gameboy Color ir came back so you could get more free stuff. (S,G,C) I miss doing that so much, probably what killed my gold battery...

I beat the game and the Delta episode. Those legends. @_@

Master ball on big D. Not Ray. Ray is pretty easy actually, used 4 ultra balls.

I have a feeling other legends are going to unlock when the game ages a bit more.
Same Master Ball usage from me ^^ and Ray turned out to be even easier...got him to 1HP, hypnosis from my Gardevoir, dark ball...and voila! Really, don't use the master ball on him, hardly worth it... :)

Oh, btw, this sunday there happened to be a comics event here in my town, so me and my girlfriend went there with our 3DS in sleep mode with the streetpass on...and we received an Eon Ticket, so I caught Latias as well :)

Currently trying to set up a good team... :)

I managed 2 Jhoto starters, Absol, Milotic, Mudkip and the last one was Poochyena/Mightyena you find at the beginning. Until Latias... Its was so much fun to run through with pokemon other then Lotad, Tailow, Poochyenas and Zigzagoon... Milotic and Absol most of the way though. All were at lv 5 when they entered Hoenn. I just had them earlier, like way early.

Oh, and False Swipe, send a pokemon over with that for your team. It makes legends easy to catch as long as they don't use struggle. Famously, Lugia will use struggle if it takes too long. 20 tries. I ended up having him do so manytimes and then the last time using one ultra ball... Twas weird. When the last time was up to the insane amount of balls...

Kyogre, Groudon and I think two others won't/can't be shiny from ORAS... Can't have an uber primal shiny. Lol.

The Uxie and Azelf (mespirit too) have times to catch them. One is in the middle of the night... mid day and evening. I ended up catching the middle of the night ones first... Best waste of a good nights sleep ever. Lol.

In short... This.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792672-pokemon-alpha-sapphire/70735060

For the dogs you either need to have caught Ho-oh or Lugia in ORAS. If it comes up...
Ah ok, that clears it up

But about Ho-Oh and Lugia... I was pretty surprised that they were in the game

I thought that maybe at the end of the Sea Mauville thing you might get some cool extra item, but nope, you get a flipping legendary lol

I managed 2 Jhoto starters, Absol, Milotic, Mudkip and the last one was Poochyena/Mightyena you find at the beginning. Until Latias... Its was so much fun to run through with pokemon other then Lotad, Tailow, Poochyenas and Zigzagoon... Milotic and Absol most of the way though. All were at lv 5 when they entered Hoenn. I just had them earlier, like way early.

Oh, and False Swipe, send a pokemon over with that for your team. It makes legends easy to catch as long as they don't use struggle. Famously, Lugia will use struggle if it takes too long. 20 tries. I ended up having him do so manytimes and then the last time using one ultra ball... Twas weird. When the last time was up to the insane amount of balls...

Kyogre, Groudon and I think two others won't/can't be shiny from ORAS... Can't have an uber primal shiny. Lol.
I started the game with the shiny Beldum from the mystery gift, it had a move similar to false swipe, that made me capture a huge lot of pokemon (didn't delete the move even when it became a Metagross :D ). Now I caught most of the "extra" legendaries I could find (Uxie and his friends, Cresselia, Heatran) and am now struggling to catch those 5th gen swordsmen...either I kill them, or they sword dance the heck out of my team...gotta have to try with the (absolutely overpowered) Dark Balls when it's night :)

BTW, I didn't have a regular Nintendo DS nor a previous Pokemon cartridge, so it's some kind of a fresh start for me...my first Pokemon game on a portable console since the GBC times of Silver and Crystal... :)

A pokemon with sturdy or a dire hit? Geodude, I hate hitting him in the wild hoarde because of it. I think there are others, but that one comes to mind. Atleast it will give you another chance to toss a ball.

Fire with fire, Absol. I didn't catch mine yet because mine would kill them...

I didn't use my Shiny Beldum. :mad: its sitting in my box. I have lots of pokemon to move over, but I don't want to screw up the legendaries. Probably won't, but still... I have a feeling they will do something with Mew. (during a game update)

Ya, it kinda felt that way for me since I started a bit differently. Its so nice to start with whom you want to start with.

Going to make a run through O.R. Get some keepers. I have it for a week so I might do it a fewtimes. *twitches happily* endless flaw, except for the stones won't come over in bank, this I know. :( oh well. Pokedex finish, Here I come... Or not, lol. Never going to get those Regis, too lazy to get a Reli and train a Wailmer 4 levels. Lol.

Getting a 三New三 3DS for Christmas, along with Super Smash brothers, but I'm gonna but Alpha Sapphire sometime in January... I've never played Pokemon, so uh

I have AS. I'm obsessed with Pokemon! I got Streetpass tags yesterday but the Streetpass on AS was turned off. Oh well. The NA version gets Eon flute instantly!

A pokemon with sturdy or a dire hit? Geodude, I hate hitting him in the wild hoarde because of it. I think there are others, but that one comes to mind. Atleast it will give you another chance to toss a ball.

Fire with fire, Absol. I didn't catch mine yet because mine would kill them...

I didn't use my Shiny Beldum. :mad: its sitting in my box. I have lots of pokemon to move over, but I don't want to screw up the legendaries. Probably won't, but still... I have a feeling they will do something with Mew. (during a game update)

Ya, it kinda felt that way for me since I started a bit differently. Its so nice to start with whom you want to start with.

Going to make a run through O.R. Get some keepers. I have it for a week so I might do it a fewtimes. *twitches happily* endless flaw, except for the stones won't come over in bank, this I know. :( oh well. Pokedex finish, Here I come... Or not, lol. Never going to get those Regis, too lazy to get a Reli and train a Wailmer 4 levels. Lol.
Managed to catch all 3 of them :) I created a Breloom exclusively for capturing other Pokemons, with Stun Spore and False Swipe :D My shiny Beldum is now a level 97 shiny (Mega)Metagross ^^ and I also went for the Sea Mauvile thingy, got myself both the treasure and the two exclusive pokemons :) Now I'm after the Destiny Knot so I can start breeding some competitive pokemons, but it's nowhere to be found... :(

UPDATE!!!! Finally the couple in Sea Mauville gave me the Destiny Knot...it was about time! I think I rematched them 10 and more times xD And, Shiny Metagross hit level 100, which allowed me to catch the Big White, so another legend joins the captured list :)

Ahh, sounds good. I am about to be at the league next time I play. Not sure if I should just continue with whom is in my party or swap for easy wins... That way I can lead to the legendaries I am playing for. Mespirit, Uxie, Azelf, Ho-oh, Palkia and maybe others, but I could always catch them on both after swaping around too... Hehehe.

Groudon, well that was a randomly known move I guess. rest made it pretty easy too... Took a few balls/attacks and I caught it. So much easier then Kyorger on my A.S.

Ahh, sounds good. I am about to be at the league next time I play. Not sure if I should just continue with whom is in my party or swap for easy wins... That way I can lead to the legendaries I am playing for. Mespirit, Uxie, Azelf, Ho-oh, Palkia and maybe others, but I could always catch them on both after swaping around too... Hehehe.

Groudon, well that was a randomly known move I guess. rest made it pretty easy too... Took a few balls/attacks and I caught it. So much easier then Kyorger on my A.S.
I found Groudon as annoying as hell...he just either kept on dying (my team was about 20 levels stronger than him) or resting and recovering his HP...luckily one time I managed to put him to sleep and throw the (Master)Dark Ball and catch him, it took 2 or so balls. I saw my girlfriend catch Kyogre in her AS, first try, first dark ball...not that much of a challenge :D

BTW, at Sea Mauville, did you get the other special Pokemon other than Lugia/Ho-Oh? Not a legendary but still unique as far as I know :)

Now I got myself a quite decent Onix, need to trade-evolve it into a Steelix and then start training it... :D

Ahh the reverse of my Kyogre... Except I just used Ultra balls. XD.

Nope. just those two and what is wild in the boat... They have a list on Kotaku of all the ones you can catch.

Most of them you need latios/latias to go to the caves/forests with. Still trying to figure out how to get Latios over with the stone bacause bank doesn't transfer items and one 3ds... My usual person is in/going to Japan and I have no idea if she has her 3ds with her on her trip.

Trading seems to be the hard hard part, training, pretty easy... Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back