Russia's 'Emo Ban'

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i haven't heard about this, but it's terrible!! i heard about mexico killing emos.. dunno if its just a rumor though... but i'm pretty sure it's trueagain: wOw

this is like really awful..
If that's true, that is terrible.

That's stupid. They think emo is probably like cutting yourself and try to kill yourself. No. Emo is that, but only people who are crazy in the head would do that. Emo is just being independent. You want to wear black and dye your hair black. So what if you're not emo but you wear black clothes? Do you get arrested? That is very stupid. A dumb rule they should re-think.

Has anyone else heard about Russia trying to ban emo? What's your opinion on it?
I think it's wrong. People should be allowed to be whatever they want, Russia banning emo is like Canda banning nerds. People need more freedom of what they want to be.
It concerns me more that there's a "bigger picture" involved here.

This is just one of several examples of Russia turning back into the totalitarian state that it was 20yrs ago...

sad, but not totally unexected with Putin in charge (what did we expect when their president is ex-KGB...?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the BLANK woulg they do that?!?!!!! People can be who ever they want to be
That's the problem - you can be more or less who you want to be in North America - and in many other countries around the world... but not in every country.

In some countries you can be jailed or put under house arrest (or worse) for being who you want to be ...

Take China for instance. If you're 7yrs old and have a fantastic voice, you can't sing a solo at the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics because you don't have good enough looks to show the world how "perfect" China is... so they use your voice and get a prettier girl to mime to the words... https://news.aol.co.uk/olympic-ceremony-sin...852511075089027

Sometimes, the world is not a very nice place.

That's reality.

That's the problem - you can be more or less who you want to be in North America - and in many other countries around the world... but not in every country.
In some countries you can be jailed or put under house arrest (or worse) for being who you want to be ...

Take China for instance. If you're 7yrs old and have a fantastic voice, you can't sing a solo at the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics because you don't have good enough looks to show the world how "perfect" China is... so they use your voice and get a prettier girl to mime to the words... https://news.aol.co.uk/olympic-ceremony-sin...852511075089027

Sometimes, the world is not a very nice place.

That's reality.
holy crap wow....

i didnt noe that they did that

i mean i kinda knew that countries we u noe like a lil sick in the head but not as much as this

i feel bad for the lil 7yr old she should b famous :D

Trust me, russians are cool yet nuts, LETS SING THE EMO SONG!

emos can be who they wanna be.

Emo song lyrics below

--------------------------

People need to mind their own F-ing business!! It's not their right to prise into other people's lives!

Okay, why would you want to become emo?WTF.

You're deranged.

Did I say that?

But don't stereotype it as "all the russians" because it's the russian communist government.

But I have russian blood, and think this is absurd.

Anyway, the citizens probably had little to do with it, so you can't say "It's a russian thing".

Or "What will those russians think of next?"

Just thought I would throw that out there~<333
I don't know really, I just got into all the music and etc(Nothing dangerous), I know I'm weird, but hey? It was a long time ago anyway. I have a couple of friends who are russian and think this is too much.

BTW-I don't like stereotyping at all. When I said the whole contry I meant the government.

-Meddi

Where are you talking about? The US? I see boxes of cigs everywhere. o..O
About the cig thing...

Here (I live in Canada) the Gov is all "You have to cover up all the cigs" at every store that sells them because they are afraid if children see them, they'll start smoking. A load of crud in my opinion :p

Banning emo is not right. Period. The end. Hasta La Vista.

:)

People need to mind their own F-ing business!! It's not their right to prise into other people's lives!
Maybe in your country that's true.

But you're missing the point here... in Russia that is not true.

It is not so long ago that the Soviet Government pretty much controlled most Russians lives... so clearly, in that country, right now... the current Government believes it has a right to do this.

They should give people freedom in Russia to make their own choices. Yes, emos can be dangerous, but I don't think they should "ban" them from the country...It's not right.

Has anyone else heard about Russia trying to ban emo? What's your opinion on it?
I think it's wrong. People should be allowed to be whatever they want, Russia banning emo is like Canda banning nerds. People need more freedom of what they want to be.
Ohmygod.

If Canada banned nerds, the polulation would be like, less than half of what it is now xD

People should have the right to be whoever they want. Banning emo just limits the Russians from doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back