S.S. Seabound

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Yup :) https://tinyurl.com/6vk )

Elizabeth was determined that she was going to have a good time this summer. She was just going to try to do more of what she wanted and less of what she thought she was suppossed to. She followed the hallway back the way she had originally came, out onto the deck. She breathed in a deep breathe of oceany air. She smiled softly to herself as she sauntered over to the railing that wrapped around the otherwise open deck. She wrapped her hands around the cool bar and leaned forward. She glanced out at the waves. They had a rather calming effect on her and Elizabeth couldn't help but be relaxed instantly by the gently sounds of the wakes created by the ship. She had never understood why people seemed mesmerized by the ocean in movies and on television but now she saw what they did. The gorgeousness that seemed to go on forever before disappearing into the horizion kept her in complete awe. She could already tell that this was going to be an excellent summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
(AHAHAHAHAHA <3 Well Peter reminds me strongly of Tamaki, just not a sexy blonde :3 )

Peter played a few more songs for Olivia before standing up and closing the lid on the piano. "Well, I know very well that you could sit here all day and listen, but let's go look at the rest of the ship. I have all summer to play piano for you, so let's go do something else for the time being," he chuckled to himself and helped a pouting Olivia to her feet. He led her out of the room and headed back towards the main desk. Once there, Olivia asked the attendant for a list of the activities offered on the ship. She thanked the man and handed the list to Peter.

(I've watched Ouran High School Host Club before, iz awesome compared to most of the other shoujo animes.)

After chugging down the Coca-Cola, Ty threw it in the trash can before heading out of his cabin suite, locking the door behind him. He then decided he would go back out on the deck, and then maybe go check out the supposedly amazing boardwalk filled with fun stuff. This was going to be the most kick *(&() summer ever, and he knew that the very minute he saw the brochure for the cruise. Wait, not minute. More like second. Actually, no. Make that whatever is smaller than a second. Either way, he headed out onto the deck, smiling at the awesome weather. Totally beat gloomy Chicago.

Hung up on a problem in the calculus textbook, Nate gave up and then decided to go out and explore the ship before he went back to working again. He really wanted to get into a really good college, and since the summer homework for AP Lit took up tons of his first semester grade, and since it was recommended you study calculus before starting the class, he wanted to make sure he worked hard on his summer homework.

Elizabeth pulled herself out of her daze-like state back into reality. She let out a soft exhale and turned back around to face the massive deck. As beautiful as it was, she didn't want to waste half of her vacation staring out into the sea like a crack-pot. Who knows what the other passengers might think of her. She decided to get one of the activity brochures from the little information kiosk. She smiled politely at the attendant and thanked him as he handed her the folded paper she had requested. She moved aside so she wasn't blocking the kiosk window and opened the brochure. She started to aimlessly wander as she read the paper. The list of activities was endless and the guide map of the ship showing where each was held was also huge. "This thing is ginormous." She thought aloud to herself.

(Ouran has to be my favorite anime of all time :D )

Olivia glanced around and saw a pool nearby, and her eyes lit up. "Can we go swimming? Please?" She begged and tugged on Peter's arm. He chuckled and nodded. They both headed back to their cabin to change into their suits. Peter changed first and slipped on a speedo pair of navy swim trunks with a white stripe down both sides. He grabbed a towel and waited patiently for Olivia to change. He laid back on the bed and contemplated bringing sunscreen with him, but he decided it wouldn't be worth it to spend extra time looking through his bags. Olivia changed into her suit a plain white, strapless bikini with ruffles on the upper half to hide her flat chest. As soon as she stepped out of the room, she snatched her towel up and took off towards the pool barefoot. Peter groaned and picked up her flip flops and made his way towards the pool at his own leisurely pace.

Elizabeth figured she should probably find somewhere to sit. She knew that she wasn't a very coordinated person and that walking while reading would probably lead her to trip and with her luck she'd end up tossing herself overbard. She was just about to sit down on a little bench when she came across a poolside bar on the map. This caught her attention and reminded her of how she had wanted to get herself a drink that wasn't one of the crappy sparkling waters she had left in her suites mini fridge.

She changed courses and headed into the direction that was labelled on her map. She knew she was getting close when the smell of the sea was traded in for the smell of chlorine and booze. She cringed slightly as she passed some obviously intoxicated women, she shook her head at them slightly as she passed then went back to reading the activities list while approaching the bar.

Olivia slowed down as she approached the pool. She frowned when a clearly drunk woman stumbled into her path and nearly made her fall backwards. Peter, who had caught up to her rather quickly, placed his hands on her shoulders and steadied her before she could embarrass herself. The woman giggled and hiccuped before heading off to join her group of equally intoxicated friends. "How are they this drunk already? It's still the middle of the day. . ." Olivia pondered as they made their way to the pool.

Peter and Olivia stood at the edge of the pool, watching the water. Olivia gingerly dipped her foot into the water and grinned when she found it to be warm. She felt a strong hand on her back push her forward, and before she hit the water, she let out a sharp cry and turned her head to see Peter laughing wickedly. He sat down on the edge of the water and let his legs dip in while he waited for Olivia to resurface.

Elizabeth ordered herself some little mixed drink that tasted fruity. She made sure to specify she wanted it to be a virgin drink incase the original version contained alcohol. It was way too early to begin drinking for anyone let alone someone who was underage. She took her drink with a smile from the bartender and payed him a polite thank you before wandering toward one of the poolside loungers with her brochure and drink in hand. She slid into one of the chairs closer to the pool than the bar in an attempt to get away from the horribly smelling middle-age 'partiers'. She took a small sip of her drink and placed it down gently on the small table beside the chair she had claimed at her own.

Olivia resurfaced after a brief moment of being underwater. She spit the water out of her mouth and swam over to the edge of the pool where she wiped the hair out of her face. "I cannot believe you, Peter Krampen," she hissed coolly. Before Peter could respond, Olivia grabbed her arm and yanked him into the pool with her. Olivia swam over to the other edge of the pool while Peter looked around for her in the slightly crowded waters. While she waited, Olivia scanned the bar for anyone she might recognize from school. She saw plenty of middle age people drinking heavily, but she spotted only one girl her age. She didn't know her however, so she stayed in the water.

Elizabeth smiled to herself as she read. There was a black and white party later on this week. And not only did that entail a good time and the chance to let go a bit but it also meant that she got to go shopping. She generally didn't like restrictions on what she had to buy and wear but in this case it wasn't that bad since it was just a pair of colours as a dress code. And the idea of a black and white party made her excited, she had always loved the simplistic beauty of old black and white photos and films and the party would be as close as she could get to being able to live in one temporarily. Now she was definitely excited for this cruise and this summer. Elizabeth took another sip of her drink happily, smiling to herself and glacing over the rest of the activities list.

Suddenly tired of swimming, Olivia hoisted herself out of the pool and shuffled over to the chairs where they left their towels. She dried most of the water off of her body and carefully laid it out on her chair. She took one glance at Peter in the pool before she laid down on her chair and let out a content sigh. She had been on the boat for less than an hour already, but she honestly couldn't see it getting any better than this moment in the sun. Her eyes drooped lazily, and before she closed her eyes, she flipped over and laid face down on her chair and dozed off.

After a while of reading, Stephanie closed her book. Right, she thought, I'm trapped here, so I may as well see what they have here. She got up, left her cabin and walked around, looking for something to do.

Ty walked around the boardwalk for a while, trying to figure out what to do. He managed to buy himself a bottle of beer at some bar, and he felt great as he took sips of the beer, while exploring the boardwalk. The Zip Line looked really awesome, but there were huge lines for it, so Ty decided he'd come back to that later. Same with the roller coasters and amusement rides they had. He kept walking until he reached the info kiosk, where he got a brochure with all the activities listed in it that were to take place this summer. He sat down on a bench nearby the kiosk, and he began to read.

Nate knew they had a pool here, and because he felt a strong desire to be in the water, he changed into a black pair of swim trunks, the same ones he wore whenever he went swimming. Putting his goggles around his neck, Nate headed out, and then walked until he managed to find the pool. Smiling and taking a deep breath of the chlorine smell, the smell he loved so much, he jumped in, and then began to crawlstroke across the pool.

After a short cat nap, Olivia's grumbling stomach woke her up. She rolled over on the chair and sat up. Peter was still in the water somewhere, so she slid off of the chair and walked over to the edge. She instantly missed the constant heat beating on her back and contemplated whether or not moving to get food was worth it. She was already up, so she sat on the edge of the pool and scanned the water for Peter and quickly found him swimming in lazy circles. She called him over and he swam over to her slowly.

"Hey, did you bring your wallet with you? I'm hungry," she whined. Peter shrugged and rested his arms on the edge. He suddenly latched onto Olivia's arms and pulled her back into the pool once again, but this time caught her before her head went underwater. "Swim with me for a little bit, then I'll buy you something."

At the mention of hunger, Elizabeth felt herself wanting to eat. She looked over the map on her activities list brochure, but could not seem to find any restaurants or cafes labelled on it. She thought it was ridiculous, every single bar was labelled but places to eat at were not. She didn't remember seeing any places to eat on her way onto the ship. She felt rude for interrupting but she was curious to know if the other people here knew where to eat. She figured she had the best chance with the people who seemed to be around her own age than the drunken old women. She went to the pools edge near them and bent down a bit, hovering in a somewhat squating position to not get wet.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to intrude but I couldn't help overhearing you talking about eating and I was wondering If you actually knew where to eat on here?"

Olivia turned around and faced Elizabeth, "Um no, I actually don't know. I was hoping he would know when I asked." Olivia hoisted herself out of the pool for the final time, much to Peter's displeasure, and gave Peter a pointed look. Peter sighed and climbed out of the pool while Olivia went to grab towels. "If you want, we can come with you to look for food. If you don't mind us coming, that is." Peter said and smiled slightly. Olivia handed him a towel once she returned, but she didn't stay long. "I'm going to go take a quick shower and change. I'll be back," she said and left without introducing herself.

"Oh, " Elizabeth said, smiling slightly at Olivia's attempt to help. The smile faded once she had walked away into an awkward blank sort of look.

She smiled at Peter politely when he made the offer. "I wouldn't mind having some company in the search, but your friend doesn't seem too keen on the idea." She had picked up on Olivia's eagerness to escape their conversation."I'm Elizabeth by the way." She introduced, realizing that she hadn't yet done so and remembering her fathers rules of putting politeness and civility first.

"I'm sorry about her, that's just how Olivia is. It just takes her time to warm up to someone," Peter said uneasily and dried his hair with the towel. "I'm Peter, it's a pleasure to meet you Elizabeth. You can come with us if you want, I'll talk to Olivia about it." Peter offered with a kind smile.

"Oh, well I guess I can understand that." Elizabeth said. She had never had that problem, as she always found it easy to talk to people."It's nice to meet you too." Elizabeth agreed.

"Okay," She said. " I guess it couldn't really hurt anyone. It's alright though, you don't have to talk to her about it. No need girl to make her more uncomfortable about it." She would have hated to see the other girl upset over her discomfort.

"I promise, she will be fine," Peter said with a chuckle. "before we go anywhere, though, I figure I should put on something other than swim trunks. Where would you like to meet up after Olivia and I are ready?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back