S.S. Seabound

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Okay," Elizabth told him. She paused for a moment at his question. She didn't quite know the answer to it. After a short while she came up with an answer and spoke. "Um, here would work. Since we know where it is and this is probably where your girlfriend will come back to when she is done getting ready." She smiled politely and picked up her drink, thankful for the time to finish it before they left.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh, she isn't my girlfriend. Just a good friend of mine, we grew up together." He said and gave a small smile. "Anyway, l should head back and go get dressed. Don't want to keep you waiting too long!" He turned and walked off after giving a quick wave.

Outside of the cabin, he bumped into Olivia, freshly showered and wearing the same outfit from before she went swimming. Before she walked past him, Peter touched her arm and she turned her head towards him. "Olivia, I know you're uncomfortable around new people, but please try to be nice to her. She seems like a person that can be a good friend for you if you give her a chance," Peter said as he locked eyes with Olivia. She thought about what he had said and adverted her eyes. "I'll try, for you. No promises though," she muttered softly and turned to leave. At the end of the hallway, Peter called her name. She turned around and sent him a questioning look. "If you're pleasant with her, I'll play piano for you tonight," Peter called and cracked a wide grin. From down the hall, Olivia laughed and flashed a thumbs up before turning to find Elizabeth.

Peter had been close to Olivia since they were very little, and even then, Peter was her only friend. She didn't open up to people, nor did she offer the slightest chance for people to get close to. In her mind, she tried with everyone she met, but after they refused to talk to her, she decided it was their fault for hurting her, when in reality, they had nothing to do with it. It upset Peter to see her like this, but he had slowly been working on it with her. Perhaps today would be the day where things would start working out. Peter slid his key into the door and stepped into the cabin to take a quick shower.

Elizabeth looked slightly embarrassed at her mistake. "Oh..." She said in an awkward sort of way. She nervously played with her hair a bit, still a bit embarrassed. She forced a smile when Peter waved and headed off. She breathed a slight sigh of relief once he was gone. She hated when she jumped to conclusions without meaning to and ended up reading the wrong way into things, leaving her ebarrassed. She sunk down into her chair and picked up her drink. She took another sip and swallowed, happy to have a moment to herself. She took another deep breath, calming herself down and allowing the pink colour to fade from her cheeks.

After hesitating outside the bar for a few moments and approached Elizabeth's table. She awkwardly stood in front of her table ans bit her lip. "I apologize for being so rude earlier, my name is Olivia," she introduced herself quickly and tentatively offered her hand to shake. She tugged on the hem of her skirt slightly, feeling entirely too exposed although the skirt was a respectable length.

Peter stepped out of the shower and slipped on the same outfit he wore before he went swimming as well. He looked in the mirror and ran his hands through his hair quickly before slipping his wallet into back pocket. He contemplated bringing his phone, but since it was a vacation, he figured he would enjoy his time away from his friends for a while. Instead of leaving right away, he sat on the bed and gave Olivia a couple of minutes to apologize and introduce herself.

Elizabeth smiled. "That's okay, no need to apologize. Olivia, that's a pretty name." She told the other girl smiling. "I'm Elizabeth." She reached out her hand to shake Olivia's. She took her hand back and dropped it to her side. "I'm sorry," She apologized. "I'm afraid I'm not very good at small talk." She felt slightly awkward, she had never been good at making small talk. She took another sip of her drink, trying to cover up her silence. After a while she spoke again, "I like your skirt." She said politely, trying to start some form of pleasant conversation.

(Runner, we miss youuuuuu :OO)

Olivia smiled and sat down at the empty seat. "Thank you very much, your dress is gorgeous," she said honestly and set her hands on her lap. "It's okay, I'm sure Peter told you that I don't really talk to anyone other than him," she said and looked up as she heard Peter approach the table. He was grinning at the smile on Oliva's face as he stopped at the table. "I apologize for making you two wait."

"Oh thank you," Elizabeth said sweetly, grinning back. She took another sip of her drink, polishing the last of the fruity delight off. She smirked a bit at Olivia's comment. "He might have mentioned it. But I think you seem to be doing alright." She too looked up when Peter came back. She greeted him with a pleasant smile. "That's alright, we made out alright by ourselves." She said giving a slight glance back to Olivia. "So, are we ready to go find somewhere to eat?" She asked setting her now empty glass on the table.

(Ack sorry guys >.< I've been super busy, in between writing my fanfic, and school, so I haven't had time to post in this topic...)

Ty was at the bar, and was getting another bottle of beer, glad that he looked so much like he was already 21 even though he was only 19. The bartender didn't even ask for his ID or anything as he handed Ty the icy cold bottle. This was already shaping up to be a great vacation. He noticed some teens (the first he had seen all day) that looked to be about his age talking while sitting at a table. Thank god, for awhile, he thought that he was going to be stuck with drunk rich men and screaming kids for his entire summer. He walked over to them, and then greeted, "Hey, what's up?"

After finishing swimming, Nate headed back to his cabin suite to take a shower. After he had changed back into a clean pair of jeans and a red t-shirt, he put on a pair of sneakers and then he headed out of the cabin suite, deciding to go find somewhere to eat since he was beginning to get hungry, and plus, he wanted to eat early before the big rush when all the families went to eat at the restaurants.

Olivia turned and looked up at Tyrone and gave a little half-wave. "Oh hello, we were just talking about getting something to eat. You wouldn't happen to know a place, would you?" Olivia asked politely. Peter pulled out his wallet and handed Olivia the folded up map he had picked up at the start of the cruise. She looked it over, but ended up just folding it up and handing it back to Peter.

"I don't, sorry about that. Although while I was checking out the boardwalk, there were a couple of places I saw that looked pretty good, like this barbecue place, and this pizza place." Ty stretched up, yawning a bit, before asking, "By the way, what are your names? I'm Tyrone, although call me Ty since only my mother calls me Tyrone, and that's when she's mad that I switched the TV from whatever soap she was watching."

Elizabeth made a slight smile, one of the ones she had been doing a lot of lately. Most of them were forced just to make people feel comfortable. She thought about his answer and came to the conclusion, from all the boardwalks she'd seen on television, that there would probably be many places to eat down there and they wouldn't be the formal dining places like they might have elsewhere. "Oh that sounds good. I'm sure they all sorts of places to eat down there." She encouraged. Part of her also just wanted to go see it as she had never seen one growing up in the city. "I'm Elizabeth," She answered him simply.

"I'm Olivia," she responded and pulled the map out of Patter's wallet once more. She focused in on the boardwalk and located a few small restaurants she must have overlooked the first time. "I'm Peter, it's nice to meet you Ty!" He said and placed his wallet back in his pocket.

Ty grinned, and replied, "Nice to meet you guys too. So, is it fine if I hang with you guys? I don't bite, don't worry. The thing is, I haven't seen many other people that are actually my age on the ship, and I don't really want to be stuck alone with the families and the rich old geezers. So, yeah." He took a sip of the bottle in his hand, the cold liquid refreshing him. He felt something land on the skin of his left arm, and he looked to see a little mosquito perched on there. He instantly slapped it, killing it. "Ugh. Gross. He wiped it off, grimacing. "I totally forgot about mosquitos. I'll have to get repellent."

Stephanie wandered around, not sure what to do now. She couldn't see anything that she would find fun. But then, Stephanie doesn't have fun like any other teenager would. She then saw a group of others, and quickly tried to hide somewhere. She was worried she'd get something wrong in this particular social situation.

Elizabeth smiled politely to keep with the proper social context, but she had a hard time believing that he was her age. Partially because of his towering height and the fact that he had a beer in his hand, although with his height, she could imagine it not being very difficult for him to get one. When he asked about tagging along she figured why not. "I don't mind if you do." She answered. Elizabeth chuckled softly at his mosquito issue, "Yeah, I'm not used to dealing with them much either, the smog sort of fends them off. Plus I rarely go outside at night for very long so I wouldn't really notice either way."

"Well, should we get going then?" She suggested.

Olivia and Peter nodded. "Sounds good to me, we'd be happy to have you along Ty," Peter said with a smile. Olivia stood up and adjusted the hem of her skirt before pushing her chair in behind her.

Elizabeth smiled and followed Olivia's start. She rose from her spot, prepared to leave. She move over to where Olivia was and looked over the map from beside her. "Okay," she said. " So, we go this way, then?" she wondered aloud, pointing her finger in the direction she figured it would be from what she made out on the map.

Ty nodded to Elizabeth. "Yeah. I'm actually pretty used to mosquitoes, but in all the excitement that lead up to coming on this cruise, I forgot about mosquitoes. Oh, and thanks, it's really nice to not have to be all alone," Ty said gratefully to Peter, thanking god he had some people to tag along with. As he had never sat down, he didn't have to really stand up like everybody else was doing.

"Not a problem! I haven't seen that many teens on the cruise other than you two, so it's ways fun finding someone to hang out with," Peter responded and glanced at Elizabeth. "I have no idea where the boardwalk is, so I'll just follow you guys." Olivia nodded in agreement and looked around for other teens. She had thought she spotted another boy her age in the pool earlier, but naturally, she didn't approach him, so she wasn't all that sure.

"I know where it is, since I was walking there earlier. It's so awesome, that's where they have the amusement park rides and the zip lines and stuff. It's really cool, although there are huge lines for like all of the rides and this even bigger line for the zip line. But by the middle of the summer, I think that the lines will start getting smaller since the families will get tired of riding the roller coaster over and over and over. Now that I think about it, I can't help but feel for the parents onboard. Things must suck big time for them since they gotta drag their kids everywhere and put up with tantrums." Ty finished the bottle in his hand, which he decided he would discard in the glass recycling bin near the door when they began to head out.

Nate was heading from his room to the boardwalk, searching for some place to eat. Lots of places looked pretty good, and Nate had no idea which one to go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back