Should Smoking be illegal?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's bad for the environment, so of course it should be illegal. so should:

cars

factories

lights

pads/tampons

styrofoam

paper cups

paper

picking flowers

cans of soda

shoes

wooden houses

heck, houses

computers

televisions

phones

batteries

light bulbs

farting

breathing too deeply

all activiteis that make you breathe deeply

tires

coins

dollar bills

and anything else thats bad for the envioronment!!!

^

|

|

| that sarcastic outburst was brought to you by Alex's Sarcastic Outbursts Incorporation©

no. heck no. smoking may be bad for the envioronment, but mass suicide is bad for the population.

so be it.

[SIZE=21pt]Woah woah woah. I'm just making a point that if my brother can, then anyone else can learn to get over it. It's killing people!!![/SIZE]
*headdesk*

you just said that the healthy smoker was "just lucky".

maybe he was "just lucky"

you're shooting yourself in the knee here. you give us reasonable opinions, we'll give reasonable judgements. but until then, *headdesk*

*headdesk*

you just said that the healthy smoker was "just lucky".

maybe he was "just lucky"

you're shooting yourself in the knee here. you give us reasonable opinions, we'll give reasonable judgements. but until then, *headdesk*
I'm sorry... I confuse myself sometimes. Sorry. Sorry Sorry.

I don't think it should be illegal. It's their choice to smoke or not. They'll face the consequences. =/ Smoking is very bad for your lungs, and smoking too much will be horrible for your body. But..it's their choice. They have to think wisely before doing it, because if you smoke once, you'l get addicted. I don't smoke.

hmm.good quetion. well, there are both pros and cons to both of them, the fact that i support them both, is a VERY rare occasion. u really have to think about making cigarettes illegal, because many people could lose their jobs, and also the addicts will get worse, it's like an economy thing. i also do support banning it because of the heath hazard and the risk of minors smoking it. but it's a 50/50 choice, like choosing between the palm and the back of your hand, both sides are meat! JK! but thats my opinion

God, this has turned into a debate hasn't it?

Have some of you people forgotten they have labels of what it could cause on the back of the packet of cigarettes and we are not being forced to smoke?

Have some of you people forgotten cigarettes made up the country America?

Have some of you actually forgotten they PUT things on the box of cigarettes to tell you what it could cause, but people do it anyway?

PEOPLE have a choice, they don't need pushy people to tell them, "NO, STOP IT YOU SICK PERSON!" Are they even sick in reality? Most of the people that smoke are nice to me. >.> Jeez. Your acting like its the end of the freaking world people.

My Grandpa smoked since he was 10, at 75 (I think) He died, but not by smoking! (Im not saying smoking isn't bad for your health.) It was by a heart attack. In 2006, he had high blood pressure. (or low, can't remember :furawatchi: :unsure:

Smoking's bad for your health, but you have a choice. It isn't a sin or bad thing to smoke. It actually relief's your stress.

Wow, I was acting mature for a topic like this. O_O

~SG~

God, this has turned into a debate hasn't it?
Have some of you people forgotten they have labels of what it could cause on the back of the packet of cigarettes and we are not being forced to smoke?

Have some of you people forgotten cigarettes made up the country America?

Have some of you actually forgotten they PUT things on the box of cigarettes to tell you what it could cause, but people do it anyway?

PEOPLE have a choice, they don't need pushy people to tell them, "NO, STOP IT YOU SICK PERSON!" Are they even sick in reality? Most of the people that smoke are nice to me. >.> Jeez. Your acting like its the end of the freaking world people.

My Grandpa smoked since he was 10, at 75 (I think) He died, but not by smoking! (Im not saying smoking isn't bad for your health.) It was by a heart attack. In 2006, he had high blood pressure. (or low, can't remember :chohimetchi: :ichigotchi:

Smoking's bad for your health, but you have a choice. It isn't a sin or bad thing to smoke. It actually relief's your stress.

Wow, I was acting mature for a topic like this. O_O

~SG~
Exactly. I would personally rather smoke, then have to take literally 11 pills a day to control my stress/anxiety.

So? They can get over it.
Think before you speak.

Have you ever smoked?! Do you know how DIFFICULT it is to quit an addiction? I'm addicted to caffeine to the point where I feel sick if I don't drink 2 cups of tea a day. I know the dangers. Smokers know the dangers. It's their choice. It's illegal to smoke in cars with children, near resturants, and stores. My mom smokes. I respect that. I don't know the future, but I hope I don't smoke.

Don't say you won't, peer pressure is horrible.

There would also be people losing their jobs, mass suicide, illegal smuggling... It was that way when alchohol was illegal. Some people's basements blew up trying to make them. You are NOT aware of real life, how hard it is to get a job and quit things, you don't know. You think life is a galloping breeze and it's easy for anything.

How spoiled kids these days are, it's sad.

Oh, and BTW, smoking, (I'm native) is actually something we had to do many years ago. You'd take one sip of the pipe and pass it on to the next tribemate.

Thanks for clearin' that up.
It also makes me think of when people back in the day made their own cigarettes.
I know a lot of people who do. It's a LOT cheaper to buy bulk tobacco and rolling papers. I've made my own a few times. My friend has a tool for putting tobacco into already made tubes with filters. It's pretty cool.

I know a lot of people who do. It's a LOT cheaper to buy bulk tobacco and rolling papers. I've made my own a few times. My friend has a tool for putting tobacco into already made tubes with filters. It's pretty cool.
Awesome!

My dad had a little thing he could roll his own cigs with. Heh, somehow, it reminds me of the westerns when the cowboys would do that to their smokes.

That's cool! It's healthier then smoking a real cigarette probably, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back