Tamagotchi P's. Another new tamagotchi in Japan?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to defend Jason (though I bought stuff from him previously without any mishaps), but it is stated clear from his listing that it's Standard shipping and no mention of any tracking. It's not EMS or any of the sort, therefore anything can happen. I usually receive my stuff from him about a week after it gets shipped. However it just happened that yours got delayed and apparently, others who ordered from him has gotten theirs as well so I think his shipping is already out of the question. He did not respond to my request for EMS before either, and that just means he doesn't do EMS. That's his business and we can't do anything about it. After all, he did not mention about it in the listing in the first place. Why look for something that wasn't there? If you asked him about it before you placed your order, you could have had the chance to order somewhere else, right?

In the end, no matter how much you complain, there's really nothing else you can do but wait. Mine's on EMS and it got really delayed... what do you expect with standard mail? I think we should just stay on topic.

Consider yourself lucky because you're already waiting on your P's, while many members here could not even afford to buy one, let alone have the capability to order.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - -
Which is why I looked and ask around people whether or not they've ordered from him and responses I got were "oh, he used EMS with me!" and so therefore I deducted that "standard shipping" was in fact EMS.

I didn't see why it would be so incredibly difficult for someone to take a couple extra dollars and make it EMS, but apparently this is truly the most hardest of tasks to complete. Difficulty of the highest caliber. He could've had the decency to reply to my friend whom purchased from him within two weeks, but nope. You are correct, it his "his business". And therefore when running a business where people are paying hard-earned money and have sent a total of three emails, a business is expected to offer excellent customer service and at least reply to their emails.

I'm complaining because a, I believe that I am angry for a justifiable reason and because I am making a warning to those whom are thinking about purchasing from him for the Tamagotchi P's because they'd be much better off purchasing from another website as shown.

Consider myself lucky? I worked and paid for my tamagotchi P's, it's not as if its dropping from the sky or being served to me on a silver platter. Considering myself lucky would be applicable if I had not worked my butt off for my material goods.

Last edited by a moderator:
...has anyone ever stopped and thought that it's holiday season and maybe things are backed up? I just bought some IDLEs on Ebay and I won't get them until January due to the post. And I'm okay with that. I have bought other things from Japan recently that were shipped and still nothing and probably won't until after Xmas. And I'm okay with that.

There are many factors for the delay, and probably most out of the control of the seller. And yes, standard is Air, EMS is different.

Also, yes, you ARE lucky, you have a job--i have friends who have been unemployed for years and can't find anything, despite living in a densely populated area. Not everyone can have a job to get money to get things they want, let alone what they need. It's not going to kill you to sit and wait a little bit.

Also, I don't think this would be the right thread to complain about sellers....

EDIT: As Rosette beat me to it and posted a thread link, lol

^ I addressed customs and holiday waiting times earlier in my posts, thanks. (It's holiday back-up, but everyone else has theirs, I got my usb from china shipped way after ordering my tamagotchi. Noooo big.)

If you try hard enough, you can find a job, even if its minimum wage. Capitalism. Working hard to get something isn't called "lucky". Getting it as a present would be considered "lucky". And if put in that matter, I might as well be overjoyed if my tamagotchi came five years later, because I'm lucky I even received it.

I'm more than done arguing over this issue, I made a post to suggest that others order from a different website if they want to get their product quickly at a lower price like everyone else already has their tamagotchi p's. Not to sit here and partake in a virtual feud. In order to avoid spam and berated arguments, I will no longer elongate the messages of this topic.

If you try hard enough, you can find a job, even if its minimum wage. Capitalism. Working hard to get something isn't called "lucky". Getting it as a present would be considered "lucky". And if put in that matter, I might as well be overjoyed if my tamagotchi came five years later, because I'm lucky I even received it.
I have to disagree with you there. Econ is bad, really bad. Even the min wage jobs are hard to snag, especially in southern Cali. They even pretty much require you to be bilingual in Spanish to even get a job now it seems. Not everyone here is bilingual. And if you're unemployed for a year or more, it makes your resume look bad and you're even less likely to get a job. I also have friends in other states struggling to find something and they can't get anything either. Times are very hard, and not everyone has connections or solid networking to get their foot in the door. People really are "lucky" to have a job, trust me. They could easily just walk you right out the door tomorrow if they wanted, pending you're not working for family. Have a little compassion for those who are struggling, please. Especially those who are trying for higher education and trying to find a job so they can survive and hopefully get a career. "Poor college student" isn't just a saying.

Anyway, back on topic, what is this 'profile' thing I keep hearing?

I have to disagree with you there. Econ is bad, really bad. Even the min wage jobs are hard to snag, especially in southern Cali. They even pretty much require you to be bilingual in Spanish to even get a job now it seems. Not everyone here is bilingual. And if you're unemployed for a year or more, it makes your resume look bad and you're even less likely to get a job. I also have friends in other states struggling to find something and they can't get anything either. Times are very hard, and not everyone has connections or solid networking to get their foot in the door. People really are "lucky" to have a job, trust me. They could easily just walk you right out the door tomorrow if they wanted, pending you're not working for family. Have a little compassion for those who are struggling, please. Especially those who are trying for higher education and trying to find a job so they can survive and hopefully get a career. "Poor college student" isn't just a saying.
As a last message for clarification: I do in fact sympathize but you are misunderstanding my original point. Oh yes, and I'm also a university student who has fees to pay. My point was that for me to be called "lucky" was out of context because I paid money which equates to time and hard work to someone who doesn't have the decency to reply to his customers. Being called "lucky" was extremely insulting as it suggested I did not work incredibly hard to obtain my material goods.

Anyway, back on topic, what is this 'profile' thing I keep hearing?
It's the new page on the stats screen where you can input basic stuff about you like your age, zodiac signs, hobbies and favourite stuff.

Your profile will also be visible to your friend who have connected with you. It allows you to make your Tama more personalized. You have to type them in Japanese, though.

It's the new page on the stats screen where you can input basic stuff about you like your age, zodiac signs, hobbies and favourite stuff.

Your profile will also be visible to your friend who have connected with you. It allows you to make your Tama more personalized. You have to type them in Japanese, though.
That's interesting! Is it like one big text box or are there places to actually fill in or choose from a menu?

There are 2 pages for the profile, and you have to fill in what it asks.

The first page shows your gender, age, birthday, zodiac sign, and hobby. all of those except the hobby have choices pre-written.

The second page asks for your future ambition, favorite food, favorite book, and best friend's name (some of those might be wrong lol)

everything that doesn't fill in with pre-written choices you have to fill in yourself in japanese.

It's a cute feature :p

It depends on the field type, some require manual entry and some have options.

For the benefit of others as well, I'll post my own profile screen here and a basic translation:

IMG_2095.jpg
IMG_2096.jpg

Page 1:

Gender / Age: Gender has two options: boy and girl, while you input your age manually by cycling through the numbers

Birthday: This one is automatically filled in, it uses the birthday you provided when you start it for the first time

Zodiac Sign: You select from 12 options, these are the standard Leo/Aries/Scorpio stuff but in Japanese

Hobby: You manually type your hobby (eg. drawing, basketball, etc)

Page 2:

Dream Job: You also manually input your dream job here (I used sensei which means "school teacher")

Favourite Food: I typed in "sushi" (I loooove sushi lol)

Favourite Subject in school: I typed "computer" because it really was my favourite

Favourite Person: This can have multiple connotations, it can be your bestfriend's name, etc.

That's interesting. o.o Surprised it doesn't ask blood type--lots of Japanese games and such with profiles seem to ask or talk about blood types. (They believe blood type correlates with your personality)

EDIT: For some reason I pictured you to be older, Ichiro. XD And you're a Leo, too, awesome. XD but thanks, that helps a lot! :D

Midorime said:
EDIT: For some reason I pictured you to be older, Ichiro. XD And you're a Leo, too, awesome. XD but thanks, that helps a lot! :D
LOL actually... that's a fake age. I won't say anything more. :p

I just posted it there for educational purposes. :D

PS - the profile won't affect your character in any way, it's just there for personalization.

LOL actually... that's a fake age. I won't say anything more. :p

I just posted it there for educational purposes. :D
Ah okay! How evil of you to fool us, we're on to you! XP

Nah in all seriousness, that really did help a lot, especially with screenies, thank you. :)

Midorime said:
Darn it, it double posted, sorry.

lol o hay I'm a leo as well! :p

Oh jee... My age is 1. Had no idea what that number was. Duh. Lol. How silly of me. Maybe one day I will add in that info... Or atleast type something I do know what it spells. That is very helpful to post.

Been playin the Tama P about 2 days now...already I really like it, just wish the shell was less girly. My favorite new feature is the Paint shop, where you can recolor your tamas!

Been playin the Tama P about 2 days now...already I really like it, just wish the shell was less girly. My favorite new feature is the Paint shop, where you can recolor your tamas!
You are not alone with that girly complaint... we all are ranting about xD but since I got the white one, it looks clean, neutral and elegant. :D

(I'm not really fond of the piercing though... that is the epitome of girliness xD)

I love the paint room as well. It increases the replay value of the toddler and teen characters.

I'm a Leo too. @u@

I figured it out rather quickly, and I am growing to love it. :) I took my character to the park, and he worked as a police officer. It has so many fun animations to watch!

@ichiromalfoy

OH GOD NOT THE CYCLE!!! hehehe that sounds quite annoying they sho out of had some sort of option or maybe press a and c to convert to katakana or something is there katakana for name as wel or just mail and profy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back