The Academy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexander shrugged carelessly. He didn't like having to explain his power. It was one of those things that was complicated an even he wasn't entirely sure he knew what it was entirely. He also wasn't exactly good at explaining things to start off with. "I dunno, I can just do little things... like compulsion and I can sort of, slip into other people's minds, an ya know see what they do. " he muttered. "I'm not very good at it though. " he admitted somewhat sheepishly.

Huyana sat quietly, admiring passing people including students, strange anthropomorphic creatures and teachers. Sure, this was amusing, but how long would it go on?

That's when she noticed something. Her hands were paws.

Oh dear. She was turning into a wolf again. And before anyone could see her, or... eat her... or even shoot a silver bullet through her...

She dashed underneath the bench, quivering like a leaf, whining like a dog.

"That's like the reason why we're stuck in this place, to become better at our skills. Of course, so far, it feels like we're totally not gonna learn anything here since it appears we don't even HAVE a teacher for our first class." Derrick was about to add onto that statement when he heard a whine from behind him. He craned his neck back, only to see a girl slipping under a bench, as if to hide from others.

Lyla nodded in mute agreement with Derrick. To be honest, the thought of Alexander's power threaded her curiously. Lyla decided she wouldn't pry, but the thought that someone could mettle with the mind, the only true private place a person had, made her anxious. She ran a boney finger along the wall quietly.

Alexander could feel the awkwardness growing as they started to approach the end of the hallway. " Which way?" he asked nodding his head toward where the hallway they were currently in ended and broke off into two new hallways. He wasnt sure which way to go he had never been down either path so he didn know where either led and they both looked equally promising.

"Uh.." Derrick pointed his right index finger out and then waves it right and left before he put it back down and shrugged. "We should probably go down whatever hallway looks the most empty, just in case since there may be some staff walking around the halls; we're technically supposed to be in 1st period so it'd be easy for us to get busted. Plus, there may be some punks who want to try their powers out on us."

ooc: Shouldn't you just have your charrie walk up to our charries, tama v9?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lyla placed her hands into her pockets. She had given up on the idea of finding a change in clothes. Besides, her clothes were almost dry now anyway. Lyla cringed at the thought of running into other kids. Did they really have bullies here? It seemed less likely, wife everyone here was a misfit, but then again...kids are brutal.

Alexander shrugged slightly "There doesn't seemed to be many people to give us any trouble.... and besides I could probably get us out of it, I can be very...persuasive." He said smirking a bit. He looked down both hallway for a moment." This one?" He said randomly pointing toward the one that looked quieter and more like a back hallway. He shoved his hands into his pockets. He started to turn around the corner walking at a fairly leisurely pace.

Looking behind at the door they had just exited the class from to make sure nobody was glancing over at them through the window in the door, Derrick quickly followed behind Alex, totally getting his hint. "Oh yeah, you have a point there. Since you can use your power to tinker into people's minds, you could probably find something personal out and then possibly use it to blackmail them."

Alexander shrugged and shook his head. " No, not really..." He explained "I can only really see things they do, and what they think at that moment. I can't really dig around or anything. And with the compulsion I can really only just imprint thoughts simple things like thinking they saw something or didn't see. I can really just convince people to do things or implant thoughts in their heads. Its not as cool as you're making it out to be." Alexander told Derrick as they continued walking. When they passed a door with a sign on it that read "Stairs. Employees only" He pushed it open and looked inside at the plain staircase wondering where it led.

"Still, that's pretty legit for a power," replied Derrick to Alexander. Hearing a voice calling down the hall from him, Derrick turned around and noticed the guy who had been trying to get their attention earlier. "Dude! If you want to come hang out with us, then get yourself over here, we're not gonna just come to you." Then turning back to Alexander and the staff only stairway, he curiously stared out at the stairway. "An employee only stairway.. Huh, that's weird. I mean, why would they block off an entire stairway for only employees..?"

A grin played on Alexander's lips. " I don't know," He said " But I think I wanna find out. " He finished turning to grin at the others before walking through the doorway. He started to climb the stairs that went up and then plateaued before turning into another staircase going the other way. When he reached the top he found another door. When he pushed it open he found only another, thankfully short, staircase which made the door seem pretty stupid. He opened the last door. "Wow. " he said looking around at the view. " The roof. " he said to no o e in perticular. He was expecting something much more secretive but the roof did have an amazing view and it seemed like one of those secret places that they had in movies for when the characters needed to be alone or a place to think.

Quickly following Alexander up the stairs, Derrick emerged from the staircase and then stood still to admire the view from the roof. A blast of wind blew his bangs up, but Derrick didn't seem to notice. He walked over to the edge of the roof and then stood by the railing. He quickly stepped back. "We're pretty far off the ground, didn't think the academy was this ta.. Wait.." He looked up and noticed some lines in the sky. "Oh wow, look, it's the force field thingy that blocks us off from the rest of the city."

Lyla followed the two boys onto the roof silently. She had been consumed in random unnecessary thoughts. When Lyla felt the cold breeze slap her pale skin she shivered a bit before looking around. She smiled at how high up they were. Hights were something lyla had always enjoy. "Wow." She said, peering over the edge.

"Wow. " Alexander exclaimed his eyes following to where Derricks were. " Well isn't that comforting. I never knew that that whole forcefield thing was real. I just thought it was supposed to scare us into not trying to leave. " he picked up a medium sized pebble and tossed it over the roof. In mid air the Pebbling simply fell straight down like it had hit a wall. He walked toward the ledge and looked over it in awe. Alexander could looked down at all the grass and the trees an rolling hills. The lack of major citylife made it gorgeous from up here. When he was first coming here he thought that it was horrible but from this angle he couldnt help but think how amazing everything looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back