The Breakfast Club

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morgan rolled her eyes and took his hand. "You could look attractive in literally anything. Let's just walk around. We can go into that new huge art store." Morgan said, starting to walk towards the mall.

Sorry I suck.

And sorry I'm never on.

Asher also rolled his eyes. She could say he was even minutely averagely okay looking, and he probably wouldn't believe her. Through lack of self confidence rather than lack of trust in her words, he never believed her when she told him he found him attractive. His logic was that is he was really that good looking, other girls would make it obvious. In truth, they often did, and instead either he just had no idea what flirting looked like even when it smacked him in the face or it was because he only had eyes for Morgan. "There's a new art store?" he said, digressing from his previous thoughts, "I should really get out more, I didn't even know that." That was good, though, he needed a whole load of new things to start a new sketchbook. What the sketchbook was for, he didn't even want to think about, and the issue had troubled him a lot lately when he'd been on his own to think about it.

It's alright. I do, too. I have no idea why I got him to suggest a shopping trip. None I've ever written have ever turned out easy and interesting to write for.

You don't have to apologise for having other things to do. I need to get a life. Badly.. :/

"Eh, I only know about it because I work in the department store right next to it. But according to my overly perky coworker, it's fantastic. So we'll have to check it out ourselves." Morgan said, swinging their intertwined hands. She soun under Asher's arm so that his arm ended up around her shoulder, her head tucked next to his heart. "I love you." She whispered again, loving the way it sounded.

"Oh, so that's where you work," Asher replied. He chuckled and added, "Clearly, we don't tell each other anything." Of course that was mild sarcasm, for that was far from the case. He let his arm go limp for a moment as she settled beneath it, draping it around her shoulder, before tucking her close to his side as they headed in the direction of the department store, of which he knew the location of, and therefore the art shop. He smiled slightly as she spoke, leaning his cheek gently atop her head for a moment as her murmured, "I love you, too," in reply, tasting the words as they left him mouth, enjoying every syllable. This was not going to get old in a hurry.

"Yes. And I hate it. Maybe I'll apply for that art store..." Morgan said as they walked into the mall. She smiled when Asher responded with 'I love you, too.' This was nice. Morgan adored being able to say it again.

merrr, I fail. My apologies.

"Maybe you should. You should definitely try to do something you're at least a little more enthusiastic about. You know what you should also do? Freelance, just on the side. That way it gets your art out there, but it doesn't matter if it goes fast or not, because you have a job," Asher said, just as a suggestion, because he knew that having a job you didn't like was awful. They passed the department store, and found the art store next to it. It was pretty much an artist's heaven as far as stores were concerned, and even Asher, who was characteristically very selective about what brands he used- this had only been disturbed once, when he'd used the paints Morgan had gotten him for his birthday and had preferred them to the ones he had-, was looking forward to seeing what they had.

S'fine :)

We can indeed :)

It was Thursday and Asher hadn't really slept that much that night and had been up for a few hours. He got excited about things like other peoples' birthdays, probably to make up for the fact that he didn't really care much for his own when it came around. He dressed nicely for school that day, in a pair of his nicest dark jeans and a white button up shirt that he'd bought the other day, worn with the sleeves rolled up and the collar unbutton a little ways down. He's also had his hair cut the day before, just to tidy it up and make it look better. Satisfied that he looked presentable enough, he got everything together for school and get breakfast before he drove himself and Sam to school.

Morgan rolled out of bed, completely forgetting it was her birthday. She stumbled into the kitchen, and jumped nearly a foot when Kyle and Cody screamed, "Happy Birthday Morgan!" They were holding a plate of pancakes. Morgan smiled and mumbled a thanks, picking up a pancake and taking a bite. After breakfast, she showered and dress in some skinny jeans, throwing on some random colored V-neck, and gathered her things. She brushed her teeth and brushed her hair. After that, she was out the door and in the car.

Sam waited with Asher that morning at school. She had gotten to know Morgan really well over the last few months, and she really liked her. She'd quickly gotten over the initial shock of her pregnancy because she could see that Asher was still happier than he'd ever been, and that was all she could ask for. In any case, that lead her to the decision to get Morgan at least a card for her birthday, that also sort of sufficed as a way of saying thank you to her, even though Morgan could probably never understand what it was she needed to be thanked for, if she knew her well enough.

Morgan parked next to Sam and Asher, getting out of the car with her aviators atill covering her eyes, a thermos containing lemonade and iced tea mixed up in her hand, putting her keys inside her purse. She looked up and waved to the two, giving both of them a hug.

"Happy Birthday!" Sam called out as soon as Morgan came up to them. Asher just smiled while the two girls hugged, he was less into the noticeable excitement displayed by Sam and just softly told Morgan, "Happy Birthday, babe," when she came to give him a hug. Sam held out an envelope to Morgan and said, "I sort of spent all of my ideas giving them to him as to what to get you, so it's not really a lot at all, but I wanted to give you something anyway." It was a card, containing a lengthy message- much to Asher's embarrassment- expressing all of Sam's gratitude for even being Asher's friend and such, as well as a considerable amount in vouchers for the art store. "Sorry if I over did it. He thinks so."

Asher piped up and said, "Well, you'll be happy to know that, as you requested, I didn't get you anything at all," before he winked at her after a few seconds to let the comment sink in, to let her know he was joking.

Morgan scanned over the message, grinning. "No, no, it's great, thanks." she said to Sam, tucking the card and such into her purse. She looked up to Asher, her grin getting bigger when he said he hadn't gotten her anything. Once he winked, she frowned. "I told you no gift." She grumbled, crossing her arms over her slightly protruding belly. She looked Asher up and down and smirked a little. She'd have to tell him how great he looked later. Skipping a few classes on her birthday was okay, right?

"Well, in that case, you're welcome. Have a great birthday, and I'll see you guys around," Sam said, waving to the two of them with a sweet smile before heading off in the direction of her locker. Asher chuckled in reply to Morgan's comment and said, "I know you did and I considered doing it just because you'd told me so many times and I thought that you might consider it being an even better gift than actually getting you one. But I just couldn't do it." He reached into an extra bag he'd tagged along with him and said, as he produced a small bouquet of hibiscus flowers for her, "Just to brighten your day. Not your average romantic flower, but I like them better than roses, so I hope you're okay with that."

Name:Lorianne

Grade:sophomore

Looks:tall, blonde, blue eyes

Personality:shy, angry, crazy

Why you're in detention:Stole someone's food

Other:not now

Morgan playfully rolled her eyes as she took the flowers. "Well, thanks, darling. I guess I'll take them, just this once." She smelled them and grinned as she kissed Asher gently. "No promises I won't cut them apart." she joked, rearranging her stuff so carrying the flowers was easier.

"Oh, how very sweet of you," Asher replied, returning her kiss gently. "Anyway, I know you'll hate me, but it doesn't stop there." He reached into his bag, producing a smallish box from it. He said, "Now, I remember way back when I came to your house for dinner that first time and you said that you didn't really like cooking, but I told you that food is kind of like art on a plate. So, here's my birthday-themed proof- or, at least argument- for that." He opened the box, inside of which was a cupcake, which he'd decorated with all kinds of beautiful things made from icing for her. "You don't have to feel bad about this one, since I made it, of course, so it didn't cost me anything."

Morgan took the cupcake, smiling softly. "Okay, I really like this. And I don't ever want to eat it. It's wonderfully perfect in every way." Morgan said, giving Asher yet another kiss. She hadn't really remembered that day until now, although she probably should have. "I love it. Almost as much as I love you."

Asher wouldn't have minded that Morgan hadn't really remembered it. After all, remembering the little things was his unusual forte. He smiled at her and said, "Well, I'm glad. But I think you should still eat it, while it's still pretty. It'll keep for a few days, anyway, so you don't have to have it right now, if that helps." He then chuckled softly, albeit with a slightly nervous smile, in fact, and replied to her last comment, "I love you, too. And I hope you'll still love me after this, because I'm still not done. But it's the last one, I promise. Turn around for me, please." While she was turned around he got down on one knee, and he knew she'd go crazy when he told her to, "turn back around." He reached into his bag for the last time, pulling out another box. It was bigger than the last, but much flatter. He moved her hair aside slightly and took what was inside the box and placed it around her neck and clasped it shut at the back. The necklace chain appeared to be made out of silver, because of its colour, but in actuality it was white gold, and had a few small, intricate patterns shaped from it, so it was simple and understated, but that was part of the appeal to him. The sentimentality of this one? The various stones in it were the very colour of Asher's eyes, a clear, bluish grey. He didn't know what they were, but that didn't really matter. "So you'll always have a little piece of me with you, wherever you go. Happy birthday," he murmured in her ear, kissing her cheek.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morgan looked at the necklace, truly speechless. She turned around to Asher, blushing a little as she said quietly, "Thank you. I absolutely love it. And yes, I still love you. It's gorgeous." She wrapped her arms around Asher's neck and hugged him tightly.

asmdfiljh./ I'm sorry I suck so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back