The Breakfast Club

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morgan chuckled a little bit. "If I really wanted to know that badly, I'd be able to get it out of you." She folded her arms over her seatbelt and gazed out the window. "What's your middle name?" Morgan asked randomly, just now realizing they didn't know this about each other.

What a way to bring it up. Hahaha :)

"Probably, you could, if I had anything for you right now. I still don't know what to get you yet. But I will," Asher replied. At her question, he coughed slightly in surprise, gripping the wheel tighter for a second or two. He glanced sideways at her and said, "My middle name.. It's actually Asher. I wasn't ever quite sure how to bring it up, but, basically, my first name is actually Rupert." He smiled then slightly, and chuckled as he added, "But, I swear, if you ever call me that, we won't be very good friends anymore."

"I think the name Rupert's kind attractive. Well, for you. But yeah, I'll just call you Asher." Morgan said, not making a big deal out of it. "My middle name is boring. It's Jane." Morgan looked out the window.

./I'mfailingsohardtoday.

"Attractive? Oh, please," Asher chuckled, rolling his eyes slightly. Nobody ever called him Asher, he'd never really like it. But, somehow, because it was Morgan, it wasn't quite so bad when she said it. "Maybe I'd let you get away with it, though. Occasionally." He then said, "Morgan Jane Doyle. I think it sounds pretty good altogether."

/metoo..

Morgan shrugged slightly, saying, "I guess it's okay. I mean, Cody doesn't even have a middle name." She saw the mall in the distance and said, "Why'd I agree to this again? I'm pretty sure I don't like shopping."

"Mmm.. And what about your children? Will they have?" Asher asked casually as he turned a corner. He slowed a little bit when she mentioned that she didn't really like shopping. "Do you want to do something else? It was just a thought because I had no other ideas. I can come some other time. I mean, it's not like I would buy anything in front of you anyway."

Morgan nodded. "Yes, they'll both have middle names. It'll be easier once I find out the gender, of course, but until then, I only have a few ideas." She shook her head, insisting, "No, no, it's fine. Better than sitting in the house, I suppose..."

Asher nodded slightly. He found himself wondering what it must be like, to be going through that. Well, of course he was there, but it wasn't quite the same thing. Really, he'd never considered even coming close to small children because, although he'd never admit it, even the thought terrified him, in case he did something wrong and freaked out about it and then more things would go wrong because he freaked out. Self sufficient responsibility was not something that, even at the age for eighteen, not even the state trusted him with, and he knew he couldn't even so much as know what to name a child as know what to do with one. Stop thinking about that, you're driving, he told himself, blinking and concentrating hard on the road to the mall.

Morgan put her head in her hands and closed her eyes. She was exhausted, but she wanted to spend time with Asher, so she pushed it away. She put her hand on Asher's knee and said, "Babe, calm down. I know all of this scares you almost as much as it scares me, but we'll get through it, okay?"

Asher sighed and said, "Honestly, I'm terrified. You.. You're wonderful with children, the way you are with Cody, and you want to work with them for a career. I've never even touched a baby before.. You and your kids deserve better than that. They should have a father who knows how to take care of them, or at least in my case, something along the lines of a father. I'm actually, somehow, excited about it, because it's amazing and you're going to be great at it. And I want to be there, and I want to love you and love them the way I should and know I can but what I just don't know is how."

Morgan ran a hand through her hair. "Yes, I've worked with Cody, yes it's what I want to do for a living. But raising two babies at the same time, plus work, and school, and having a relationship is a lot different than babysitting your little brother while your big brother went to work. Yeah, it's gonna be hard. But if I can do it, you can. I promise you're perfect for me. And if these kids are anything like me, they'll be just as in love with you as I am." Morgan paused for a second. She had just said the "L word". She opened her mouth, and closed it again. "Yeah, that's right. I said it. I love you, Asher Scott."

Well, I guess that was one way to spice it up. Yayy <3

Asher nodded as she spoke while he drove to let her know he was listening. As per usual, she talked perfect sense, though, as always, it was the kind of sense that he couldn't have come up with himself that easily. He looked to her momentarily as she said the 'L' word for the first time, and the second time, a smile broke out on his face as he said, "You shouldn't tell me a thing like that while I'm driving. I could've lost control in my surprise. I also want to kiss you really badly right now." He caught her gaze again for a moment, easing his foot off the gas pedal slightly to slow a bit and told her, "I love you, too, Morgan Doyle." So, yes, maybe- no, definitely- they'd be alright after all. If he could love her, and she could love him- two people who really thought they weren't meant to love- then they could do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is honestly not where I planned for her to say it. xD Ah, well I got caught up in the moment. :)

Morgan took a deep breath after her little speech. She stared at the road, still trying to grasp the fact she had just said those words. She, of course, meant it. She was just surprised she had said it. It was not at all planned. When Morgan finally regained composure, she said, "Then pull over the car so you can kiss me!" She smiled a little bit, realizing that this could actually work. Asher had just broken down the very last wall.

I can't say I was expecting it then. But that's okay :)

Asher looked through the windscreen and searched for somewhere to pull over, and there was a spot at the side of the road about two hundred yards away, and eventually he pulled into it and put the car in neutral. He smiled and leaned across to kiss her as deeply as he knew how. She loves me, he thought to himself when their lips met, feeling, frankly ecstatic about it. There was nothing more he could possibly ask for, as far as he was concerned.

Morgan kissed him back just as deeply, if not more so. Her stomach was doing backflips, one after another, and she couldn't be happier than in this moment. Even if they were in his car on the side of the road. She was in love, and she'd never felt better about herself. The other times she had said 'I love you' were so much different than this one. They were during flings, this one during a real relationship.

Psh, you make it sound like making out in a car at the side of the road is totally unromantic... This is totally how they do it in Grease. Haha.

Asher continued to kiss her with that same intensity for a while yet, taking her face into his hands gently. He wondered if there had ever been a time in his life that he'd felt so happy and very quickly concluded that nothing even came close to it. It was a funny feeling to have his stomach in knots and his heart pounding against his chest so hard he almost felt like she'd be able to hear it, too, but it was a sensation that was somehow wonderful, because of what caused it. He kissed her until he was simply unable to breathe anymore, reluctant as he was to pull away. He took her hand and placed it over his chest, just slightly off centre, to his left. Even he could feel it through her hand. "You see what you do to me?" he whispered with a gentle smile.

Morgan felt his pounding heart and smiled. Hers was doing the exact same thing. She took his hand and put it over her own heart. It was pounding just as hard as his was. She smiled at him and said, "Maybe we shoudl go to the mall now. Otherwise we could end up doing something wreckless."

Asher smiled as he felt her equally pounding heart against his hand. He chuckled a bit breathlessly and nodded in agreement. "I think that's a very good idea," he replied, sitting straight in his seat again and pulling the car back onto the road to make the rest of the short- short being about ten minute- journey to the mall. He parked the car and as he had a moment to think he realised that although it had happened a little while ago now, he was still reeling from their little moment.

Morgan's mind was racing almost as fast as her heart was, and she leaned against the window for a moment, gathering her thoughts. Her words kept playing over and over in her mind. She was still a bit shocked they had actually come out.

./mehhhIsuckatlife

Once a little more composed, Asher walked to the other side of the car and offered her his hand. His mind flashed back, for he remembered it as clearly as though it has happened only a second ago, to the day they'd met and she'd first she'd offered him her hand, just to help him stand up after having been sat in the snow for a while. He didn't suppose at that moment either of them had imagined that their lives would have taken such strange turns that this was how they lived now; as much as he'd had more fun that day than he'd had for as long as he could remember, and as different as he'd felt towards her compared to other people he'd met, he'd suspected that after that day they'd rarely, if ever, speak to each other again. But, instead, just as he'd grown to become close and comfortable to her as he'd done with nobody but Sam, and just as she'd grown to be able to actually look him in the eye and to trust him, they'd grown to love each other. He wanted to ask her how it had happened, but he didn't suppose that she had any more of an idea than he did, and so he just smiled and squeezed her hand in his before they headed inside. Just changing the subject so that they had something to talk about, he said, "So I guess while we're here you can help pick something out for me like an outfit or just a shirt or something that I can wear on Thursday, just so I can look reasonably attractive for you on your birthday."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back