The Hunger Games.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eli tossed it back. "I have my own stuff, don't worry."

Cye noticed some blood on his hands, and licked it up. (He's very crazy, if you can't tell.) He watched the others, ready to attack if needed.

Eli tossed it back. "I have my own stuff, don't worry."

Cye noticed some blood on his hands, and licked it up. (He's very crazy, if you can't tell.) He watched the others, ready to attack if needed.

Pandora nodded. "Alright then," she muttered, nibbling on the edge of one of the strips.

Cinder nodded, worried. She knew she wouldn't be as fast as normal, from the wound, she probably have to keep up with Anna by jogging quickly. She gulped. "Three." She whispered, she took off, immediately feeling the effect of a headache forming. At least her vision was better, knowing this, she burst into a sprint, keeping pace with Anna. She spoke, keeping her words short. "Where to?"

"Just away. We need to get as far as away from the person who was watching us. Its okay I will look at your wound later" They were running for about an hour when Anna found a little cave. "Perfect." She smiled. "This is a great spot. Lets stay here for a little okay?"

Cinder nodded, carefully dropping to the ground, her fingers still tightly wrapped around the handle of the knife. She was working on steadying out her breathing, she looked up at the girl. "You never answered me... what is your name?" Cinder asked, staring intently at the girls face.

"Oh my name is Anna,Here" Anna ripped a piece of her shirt and gathered up some leaves. She put everything in a pile. "Lay you head on this for your head"Anna said.

Cinder watched, she didn't want to trust this girl - in fact, she didn't trust this girl. But still, she put her head sideways on the pile, not wanting to lie directly on the wound. She glanced at Anna, "A simple name, but it's pretty. I'm Cinder. And... uh..." Cinder went silent for a moment. "Thank you."

"Thanks I like your name too. Whats life like in District 5? Anna said. She knew Cinder didn't trust her, it was obvious . But how can Anna make her trust her?

Cinder looked at Anna, nodding, thinking of her district. "Well, we manage power... nothing too exciting, really. How about you... District eleven right? Agriculture?" She asked, glancing up at Anna.

Anna had tears in her eyes. How could she explain living in District 11. One word is all she could say. "Its........"She struggled to find a word. "Terrible. Work all the time;almost starving to death; and being whipped for little things." A tear trickled town her check. She lift's her shirt to show wipe marks.

Cinder cringes, she feels immediate guilt for asking. The poor girl... Pulling herself into a sitting position, Cinder looked at Anna, giving her a gentle, forced smile. "It's... it's okay." Cinder knew it wasn't, but what was she supposed to say? She looked at the marks from the girls' whipping. She exhaled. "Are you hungry? Or thirsty?" She asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh I guess I am a little hungry" Anna said while she quickly wiped the tears falling from her face. "Did you get a pack in the Cornucopia "

Cinder nodded, watching Anna wipe her tears. "I did, before I ran." She grabbed her pack, taking it off her back and setting it in her lap. She pulled out the pack of dried fruit, ripping it open a little. She grabbed a few of the pieces, handing them to Anna, "Here you go." Cinder got a couple herself before putting the fruit back in her pack. While in her pack, she got out her canteen, filled with water. It wasn't purified, but until she found some iodine or was able to make a fire, they would have to live with it. She began nibbling on the fruit slowly. "So, what now?"

Anna nibbled on the fruit pieces. It tasted better than the food at District 11. "Umm.... Maybe we should try to find wood to make a fire. Its almost night:we don't know how cold it would get. Here come lets go". Anna reached Cinders hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cinder began to pull her hand back, but instead allowed Anna to grab it. She was scared, even behind her tough layer, Cinder still was only thirteen. She still got scared. Following Anna, she looked around, remembering the cave. "We're going to have to leave the cave un-watched. Here, I'll protect the camp, you go collect wood. Okay? Just loose sticks and such." She looked at Anna, awaiting approval, agreement, or just some sort of answer.

Anna thought for a moment. If she left Cinder would be all alone. Anything could happen to her." Okay but I will be back soon" Anna said as she walked in the woods

{ Sorry for late reply! I had to go eat }

Cinder nodded, wandering back into the cave after she watched Anna disappear from sight. She took a sip from her canteen, grimacing at the taste. Hopefully the fire could help purify it, so they didn't have to worry about getting sick. She was thinking, they couldn't start the fire at night, so they'd have to start it now then put it out as soon as possible. She sat, waiting for Anna to return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anna was searching for just one more stick She had found about 4 or 5 sticks.She thought about Cinder being all alone. She picked up one last stick and ran back to the cave. It was dark out and Anna saw Cinder sitting there looking cold."I got so me wood.

Anna was searching for just one more stick She had found about 4 or 5 sticks.She thought about Cinder being all alone. She picked up one last stick and ran back to the cave. It was dark out and Anna saw Cinder sitting there looking cold."I got so me wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back