The Hunt.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(BurntSnoowwwww :'D

Gaaah, freaky past! Get in here!)

"The... Monster thingies... Are like mist though... They could like... Seep through..." Emily thought out loud, unsure of what to do. Her eyes still shut, seeing the ghostly spirits roam around. They seemed to pick up speed, "they've found us."

Emily ran inside a nearby building, curling into a ball underneath a clear window. "God protect me, god protect me, god protect me," Emily said out loud, over and over again.

"Oh gosh... This is not happening..." she said shivering with fear.

"Then where will we hide?!" her grip on her scythe had become stronger, the whites on her knuckles showing.

Damien heard Emily's pleas and investigated the noise. He entered the building where Emily hid in and nudged her shoulder. "Hey...hey, get up! Come on, you can't do this to me." Damien shrugged her off and ran back outside, greeted by a wave of monsters. Their faces were hideous and grotesque, like nothing he had ever seen before. "They remind me of my aunt," Damien said, chuckling. As he contemplated a solution for keeping himself alive independently, he noticed a girl running by. Damien stopped her and asked, "What's your name, kid?"

OOC: Samantha, pick up where I left off.

Last edited by a moderator:
(WTF BBQ STALKER >.>)

Why the hell would you care? she thought.

"K-Krystal. Why do you care?" she said stammering. She was ready to run away from the big creepy guy who had just asked for a name... but it seemed he would be too fast.

"I'm not here to kill you," Damien replied, speaking slowly so that she would understand. "How old are you? Nine? Well, it doesn't matter. I need you to get me angry. As angry as possible. Your face is already starting to irritate me but, just trust me, I need you to get me enraged." Seeing her standing still, Damien became annoyed and dug his sole into the ends of her toes. "DO SOMETHING! I'm allowing you to literally do whatever you want to make me upset. Do something or I'll hurt more than just your toes."

Krystal mused for a second. "Hmm..."

"Would you be angry if I slashed your arm of with this?" she said inclining her head towards her scythe and pressing it gently into the man's shoulder, as a thin trickle of blood started to drip out.

"Geez, a waste of a useless person's blood on my pretty scythe," she said loudly, wiping the tip on his clothes. "Oops," she said in a bored tone, purposely making a deeper cut in his shoulder as she lifted the scythe.

"Aargh, you pathetic little child!" Damien's rage built up within him, and the increased bloodflow just made his gash let out more blood. He continued to repress the growing hatred within him. "You are a fool for doing this to me! YOU ARE NOTHING!!!" Damien's body began to turn red, and he managed to let out a measly, "Get out of the way, Krystal, now!" He forced himself forward, bashing the heads of every monster that stood before him. Damien began to frenzy out of control, throwing his shovel at the remaining monsters. One by one, they toppled over like dominoes. The shovel let out a crack as it snapped into irreparable pieces. Damien slowly sunk to his knees, and then collapsed onto the blood-stained ground.

"..." Krystal couldn't say much. Should she have made him this angry? So many people were getting hurt. She ran into the house where Emily was sitting in and poked her on the forehead. "Some crazy guy attacked the monsters after I stabbed him in the shoulder. It's fine now."

Emily looked up, tears beginning to form at her eyes. "I don't like this place! I want to be back with my mummy!" Emily began to act like a little child, her maturity from years of hard studying at school seemed to wear off. Her reality had been corrupted, at first it was just a bad dream, but after a week, Emily knew it was happening, and there appeared to be no escape. Emily peered out of the window, where a guy seemed to be... Really exhausted.

Damien awoke with a throbbing headache. The wound had been closed by the dry blood that seeped out of it. "I really need to get that fixed up," he thought to himself. Damien, without a weapon, had to rely on his bare hands for the remainder, of his 'stay'. He put his hands on his legs and slowly forced his way up. Unfortunately, this proved to be too much of a strain for his weakened stomach and he vomited onto the ground in front of him. Damien limped zombie-like towards his shovel and grabbed onto the metal part. He slammed the handle onto the ground, forcing it to slide out, and shatter a bit in the process. He continued by pulling out a bone from one of the monster skulls lying on the floor. "Where will I find some glue?" he wondered aloud. Without some tool Damien was defenseless. A shiver ran up his spine as he thought this through. He couldn't let his anger overpower him either. What if a monster got a hold of him while he was unconscious? Damien sat back down, forgetting about the shovel, and buried his face into his hands. The result was a revolting mixture between dirt, tears, and monster residue.

Name; Touchstone (Jack McCreevy)

Age; Appears to be 16 or 17

Appearance; Touchstone is about 5'6" or 5'7", fairly short for a guy. He's also kind of spindly and lanky, although he covers it up with his signature duster coat. Despite his lankiness, he has lean muscles due to constantly fighting and fleeing danger. He has a soft featured face, with high cheekbones and fair skin, and a button nose. His eyes are an arresting shade of blue, and they glint whenever he's sad or happy. He usually wears baggy pants, a black duster coat, and a cowboy hat to cats shadows over the features of his face. He never, ever removes his hat, under any circumstances. Whenever a few stray strands of hair fall from his hat, it can be seen that he has very dark brown hair.

History; Touchstone came to this dimension a couple years ago, and when he first arrived he was soft hearted and fearful. But because of his sudden immersion into such a violent world, he soon became hardened from battle and soft-spoken. He also gained courage, tactfulness, skill, and a keen sense of observation. He never talks about who he was before the arrival in the dimension, as he never usually says much at all. However, it would seem that he came from a life of luxury and was maybe even a bit spoiled in his life in the real world. He met Edge about a year after the initial arrival in the dimension and they have traveled together ever since.

Power; His power is the ability to manipulate sounds, including that of his own voice. It's part of why he managed to survive so long, although why he has this power specifically is anyone's guess.

Weapon; Having had to fend for himself in this dimension, his weapon is a pistol which is equipped with a small device that can infuse substances into his bullets, such as explosives, poisons, and even smoke. The weapon itself is completely silent, due to Touchstone having fiddled around with it and improving on it.

Other; Touchstone is pretty much mute, so don't expect him to be a chatterbox. He also avoids talking about his past at all costs.

Name; Edge Lockheart

Age; 18

Appearance; Edge is a very muscular, good looking young man, with smooth tan skin, great muscles, and golden hair that is to die for. He's about 6'2", with a sturdy build due to fighting and training. He usually wears clothes that are easy to move in, but that also show off his muscles. This usually consists of a black muscle shirt, baggy black pants, and combat boots. He has big hazel eyes which complement his shaggy blonde hair. His face is well defined and chiseled, with a tiny cleft in his chin. He's a great looking guy, and he can usually be seen smiling his signature lopsided smile.

History; Edge is from a rough neighborhood in New York City, where he'd had to fight off bullies and creeps when he was younger. As a kid, he was picked on because he was overweight and a bit of a crybaby. So when he got into high school, he started working out hardcore and even did boxing in his spare time. He lost the weight that had plagued him for years and finally gained the acceptance he had longed for since childhood. And then he got thrown into this new dimension, and he knew he would have to fight or die. And after a year of fighting on his own, he met Touchstone, and they became the best of friends.

Power; His power is gravity manipulation, which gives him the ability to alter the way gravity holds a person or an object. He can slam foes into the ground with extreme gravity, or he can make enemies float around with zero gravity control.

Weapon; Due to his brutal abilities as a fighter, Edge's weapon is a medium sized ax that he usually keeps harnessed onto his back, and he only uses it in the greatest of emergencies.

Other; Edge is the opposite of touchstone, very chatty and charismatic and easy to get along with.

"Stop crying! Don't waste your tears on the impossible!" Krystal said angrily, storming off. "Don't forget to thank the strange guy outside," she said in a softer tone and then ran outside.

There she spotted the strange guy. She gave him a light kick with her shoe. "What are you doing?" she asked quietly. "And if you're crying, I'm going to leave. There's enough crying people in this place."

"Krystal, do you know how many people I've met in my life?" Damien asked rhetorically. Without pause, he continued, "Four. I've met four people, the first 3 left me before I was old enough to remember them and the last abused me for the rest of my life. This place is heaven, well, it WAS heaven until I met you." He took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, seeing his breath steam in the cold air. There was a long pause before Damien looked back at Krystal. "I need you to find me an adhesive. Anything that can put together this skull and shovel blade. I need to work with you pathetic idiots so that we can get out of this place, IF we can get out of this place. Also, maybe you could try to find a handle that's better than this skull. Could you do that for me?" His voice contained a hint of sarcasm.

Krystal closed her eyes, then opened them. "If we're such idiots, then we're too stupid to even help you. Sorry. I don't work with wannabe high class." she said slowly, making every word nice and clear. Then she ran off into a particularly tall building and ran to the uppermost floor to use as a watchtower.

What is wrong with this guy... asking us for help then calling us idiots. She thought.

Damien played around with the skull for about a minute or so. Then, he became more curious. He carved through the eye sockets and created an intricate pattern that curved out into a large spike. Interested, Damien sat up and used his shovel blade to add additional spikes to the edges. The product looked more like something atop a Christmas tree than a skull. A disturbance caught Damien's attention, and he turned around to see a stray monster coming at him. He tried to get up, stumbling forward, and ran as fast as his legs could take him, but the monster kept catching up. He had him cornered. Feeling the wall against his back, Damien almost screamed. He realized that the skull he had may just be sharp enough to use as a weapon. Damien hurled the skull toward the monster, where one of the spikes split its head in half. Exhausted and covered in sweat, Damien slowly walked forward and yanked his new weapon from the monster's split skull. In the distance, another monster loomed towards him. Damien cursed and shouted for help. He was too fatigued to continue fighting and was about to collapse. "What I really need is some rest," he thought to himself.

My turn to call the guy an idiot. Krystal smashed the window with the blunt edge of her scythe and hurled it downwards at the monster's skull, breaking it in half.

"You can borrow it!" she shouted anxiously, wondering what would happen.

"Ah, but it will be a good show," she mumbled, picking up a lamppost and quickly unscrewing the top and bulb. "if I'm ambushed, I'll have this to use."

"Take your stupid scythe you good-for-nothing rodent!" Damien yelled toward Krystal and rammed the scythe into the wall. He noticed a chain-link fence from the side of his vision. Damien put his left foot onto the wall and yanked the scythe back out. He slowly walked toward the fence and pushed the scythe between one of the knots. One by one, he twisted out the long wire. The process itself took about three undisturbed hours. Finally, Damien weaved the wire through the front holes of his weapon. Over and over Damien put the strong wire through the holes. He then used the scythe to rip his shirt into a long strip, and finally tied it in with the wire (careful enough not to poke any holes into the shirt that could cause it to rip). Damien put the other end of his shirt on top of the blade end of the scythe, stepped on both, and slowly wrapped the blade with the shirt around the top of the scythe's handle. Truly exhausted at this point, with his arms and feet cut up with countless wounds, Damien sat down and closed his eyes.

Well, as cruddy as it is, I made a flail for myself. This'll be a lot harder to manage than another weapon, but it's better than some hand-me-out scythe. I really hope I don't die, this is the one opportunity I have to finally live my own life.

(Swan_Song, great looking forms! Get in here!)

Emily wiped up the left-over tears as she stumbled up to view outside of the window, seeing something extremely strange. Emily was finding it hard to understand. The short young woman wondered outside, tears left her face shiny and red eyed. She grasped her glass pole hard, incase something unexpected were to happen.

Hearing footsteps, Damien clung to his flail and slowly got onto his feet. There was a trail of dried saliva on the side of his cheek. He squinted and saw that the person was not a monster, but in fact the girl he had seen crying in the building before. "HEY!" he yelled out, waving his arms around like a maniac. Damien sprinted towards her. "Great, I finally caught up to you. What's your name? Why am I here?" He waited a moment and then realized he was supposed to comment about their earlier incident. "No, I don't care why you're crying. But seriously, I need some help. I have no idea where I am or what's going on, and you seem to have been here quite a while longer than me." He was hesitant to shake her hand because of his wounds from creating the flail.

OOC: Yes, I know my character is starting to attention-seek. I'll avoid that in the future, but this RP really isn't that active.

(OOC: Don't worry, if I were suddenly in a dimension with blood thirsty monsters out to kill you, I'd attention seek too/shot.)

Emily shook her head, rubbing her pink glowing cheek as she glanced up to Damien from the side with her red eyes. Her eyepatch had become crusty and died red from blood which had flowed out from an earlier wound, "Emily." She looked down to the ground, grinding her foot against the ground in uncomfort, "I don't know where we are. Or why we're here... But..." She closed her eyes, seeing the world around her, she viewed a glance of the earlier demon wave ready for attack. A large gasp escaped her as she grabbed Damien's hand in panic and began to run in the opposite way from the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back