THE P A C K *

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The scent is getting stronger. Won't be long now Fang. We're almost there."

"Yeah yeah," Fang muttered grumpily as he and his sister limped along through the forest. They both were wounded from the ambush and had been traveling for many weeks. Their coats were dirty and caked with dirt and dried blood. The siblings were famished and extremely thirsty but they pressed on, for Chloe picked up the scent of an unfamiliar wolf pack a few days prior. She paused as the wolves they had been tracking slowly began to appear in their line of sight.

"Now remember Fang," Chloe instructed. "We don't know how these wolves will welcome our presence here so lay low and be submissive. Do not look any of them in the eye and do not speak unless spoken to. Do you understand me?" she spoke seriously.

Fang sighed. "Yes Chloe, I understand," he retorted. "I just want to rest. Let's get this over with."

nightfur dropped the prey and lay down in the cave she didn't care for work today. Her brother lay across the cave from her. he was still asleep. Ever since her sister left...

Last edited by a moderator:
Starberry grew hungrier. She asked a wolf in her back. He said yes so they went in the woods to find dinner. Starberry smelled something. They both walked slowly then saw 2 bunnies eating grass. The other wolf caught both of them easily. But instead of sharing the kill he took both bunnies and ran back to the cave. Anger rushed through Starberry. She gritted her teeth. She just walked slowly back to the cave when she saw the lone wolf right by her. She immediately started to run but that was no use. She was so slow the lone wolf easily scraped her leg with his sharp claws. She felt the blood pouring out. No way she could escape. She was only one or two miles from the pack. All she could do is yelp out so one wolves in the pack would come rescue her.

Cloud was prowling around, simply just looking for some good prey and a place to get in some sleep. He would pause every now and then to take whiffs of the air, so he could try to detect any prey, or packs. The last thing he wanted to do was to encounter other wolves, especially since all they would do is probably chase him off, or just try to become friends with him. Neither was something he wanted, so he just kept trudging on. Eventually, he came across a little white rabbit. He began to chase after it, intent on getting himself a meal.

Kai watched as the wolves dispersed, either to go sleep or hunt. Turning around, he went back to his spot before, where an odd scent wrapped itself around his nose. He grunted, sniffing the air. Unfamiliar wolves, circling his spot, he looked around for the wolves. They didn't smell of the other pack that was much further south, but instead carried a scent of loneliness - there were two of them. He knew that they must've been hiding, since he couldn't see them, but he could smell them. He barked, his voice carrying a rough tone.

Kai's distant bark resonated in Chloe's ears as they sprung up atop her head, now fully perked so that she could detect any further noise.

Fang did the same, suddenly feeling more alert of his surroundings.

"This is it Fang. They know we're here. We need to show ourselves before they mistake us for a threat," she said softly. "Remember. Submissive."

Fang simply nodded his understanding and followed slowly behind his sister. They crept forward, fully revealing themselves from the thick shrubbery they had been traveling through.

Kai's muscles tensed as he watched the two wolves emerge from the thick shrubbery. He stood a bit taller, holding his head higher. Approaching them, his eyes showing no emotion, he looked them over in the time frame of maybe a second. He took in their scents, their looks, and how they carried themselves. Their coats, covered in the dirt and blood that showed weeks of travel. He looked at both of them before speaking, his stance showing himself ready to attack if needed. "Why are you here?" He asked, his voice coarse.

Fang averted his gaze to the ground and kept his tail low. Chloe stepped forward, her manor unthreatening yet bold and unaffaid. She made sure to keep her head a tad lower than Kai's, to show her submission. It felt awkward for her to do this, since no one had ever been above her in such a way for so long. "I am Chloe and this is my brother Fang," she stated calmly. She had a confident air, yet she was in all ways respectful. "I was Alfa of Silver Mist. We were ambushed by a rival pack and my brother and I escaped. We have been traveling for many weeks and are looking for a new pack. We would be grateful for any assistance."

Kai took in everything the female had to say, an Alpha, 'ey? He noticed her stance and the air she carried around her, he easily could confirm her previous position as an Alpha. Confident, respectful, and she knew to keep her stance slightly submissive, while still being able to stand her ground. He kept silent for a moment, processing her words. Her pack as overrun by a rival pack, and her and her brother escaped - in hopes of finding a new pack. Since news doesn't exactly travel fast, since many of the packs are quite independent and don't trade often, Kai only knew a little bit more about the attack than the rest of the members of his pack. He nodded slowly before speaking, "Would you be interested in staying with us?" He asked, glancing only momentarily at the male to the side of the female, before averting his gaze back to hers.

Chloe nodded somberly. "Yes, if that would be alright with you. My brother and I have been without food for quite some time. I don't know how much longer we would have been able to keep traveling. We're both exhausted." Although Chloe appeared to be standing strong, her weight greatly burdened her and it took almost everything she had to keep her legs from buckling underneath her. She had to be strong for her brother. For both of them.

Kai nodded. "Of course, please, follow me." He said, turning briskly to walk over to the pile of prey he had dragged out earlier. Luckily not all of the prey was gone and there were still some small animals to pick at. He nudged the food towards them. "Eat." He said quietly, glancing at the other wolves of the pack. "What are your names?" He asked, addressing the both of them.

Chloe's mouth salivated at the sight of the animal carcass Kai had dragged over to them. She kept her eyes locked onto the food. "I am Chloe and this is my brother Fang." She paused a moment, feeling the need to control her savage instinct to devour everything in front of her. She moved aside and motion with her snout for Fang to take his fill. Fang silently approached and nodded his thanks to the Alfa before settling down onto his stomach and began to eat. Normally he would have insisted on Chloe eating first but right now he was just too tired and hungry to argue.

Kai nodded, accepted their names. He watched them eat slowly, he could tell they were both equally fighting the urge to devour everything in sight. He respected their control. "My name is Kai," he responded, watching them slowly finish off their portions, "Alpha." He added slowly, but with confidence and pride. "Are you two tired? Your journey - from how you described it, Chloe, seemed rough." He asked, offering them space in the pack's den.

Chloe looked up from her meal and nodded at Kai. "Yes we are exhausted. Your kindness is greatly appreciated."

Fang nodded in agreement as he chewed. The siblings enjoying finally being able to fill their empty stomachs and savored every bite with a thankful heart. Soon their strength would be rejuvenated and they could properly take their place in their new home.

Starberry had to think of a plan quick. The other wolf was looking for her to kill her. About 5 minutes before she bit into his neck. He was weak almost dead. She ran off hiding by a tree. Her arm stung with pain. She saw the lake. This is the lake where her pack was. She ran to it and saw to intruders or she thought they were. They seemed to be talking to Kai. Starberry looked puzzled. She just fell to the ground She was so tired and breathed heavily on the ground. She just closed her eyes hoping the pain would go away

Kai nodded, leading the two wolves into the pack's den. He let them rest before turning and leaving, nodding at them before trotting out of the mouth of the den. He looked around and in the distance he noticed Starberry lying weakly on the ground. He barked at her, sprinting at her. What happened? He wondered, worried. Now was not a time to get weak pack members, they needed all the strength they can get - in case of an ambush. "Starberry!" He barked, approaching her limp body. "What happened?" He asked, nudging her neck.

Chloe and Fang nessled up together, their bellies full and their spirits finally at ease. They had a home now. Kai's sudden exit had Chloe curious as to what was going in but the fatigue that had been weighing on her for days finally peaked. It took but minutes for the siblings to fall into a deep, dreamless sleep.

Starberry heard a bark then Kai nudge her. She breathed in and out steadying her breath."A" she said each letter with a breath. t-t-a-ck" She said weakly."S-ome one-a lone wold I think attacked me. I bite him in the neck-he might be dead"She was glad Kai was there not no other wolf. "Who-who is those wolves"She said She started to lick her wound. She tried to stand up,but her legs were to tired for running. She moaned out. How she wished she told someone about that lone wolf.

Kai licked at Starberry's wound, hoping to cleanse it. "Let's go back," he said, leading her into the center of their territory. "The wolves? They are Chloe and Fang, two lone's. Chloe was a previous Alpha... her pack was ambushed, and her brother and herself were able to escape.They were looking to join our pack." He said simply. They reached the pack and he made Starerry eat a little. "I think you should rest," he said, glancing at her and then looking towards the den, where he could make out the shapes of the sleeping Chloe and Fang.

Starberry slowly walked and ate the rabbit Kai gave her. She was very tired and wanted to rest. "I need to rest"She told Kai. She was about to go in the main cave when she saw Chloe and Fang. She didnt trust then nor would she ever. She just glanced at Kai hopefully he would understand. She just walked to her spot under the tree. Gingerly she dipped her hand in the water hopefully cleaning it good. She then layed down watching Kai walked to the den.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back