The Tamagotchi Spirit

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg, it's so bad in UK, I ony know 1 person there who owns a Tama and still she doesn't know any characters or anything!
I think the reason is probably cause of BanDai not giving enough tama events,not releasing new versions fast enough etc. Here in the UK, there are actually plenty of people who used to love tamas,but since nothing new came out,we all forgot about them. I've only come back to tamas recently,when I found my old one lying around,along with all my other vpets. If you need more proof,check out BanDai UK's Tamagotchi section of the website..they don't have one.

I'm afraid this is every kind of gadget's fate. They are really popular for a short while and then everyone grows out of them. It's life. Some people are still whining about the tamagotchi spirit being gone. No offence, but said people need to stop sticking their heads into the past and move on. If they want a tama club, they can just chat to everyone on here!

Though, I do feel your sadness. I miss the early days of the tamagotchi craze, too. Finding someone who has a tamagotchi nowadays is like finding a panda.

Finding someone who has a tamagotchi nowadays is like finding a panda.
Maybe not that rare. Maybe finding someone with a tamagotchi is like finding a....ladybird/ladybug? Not that rare,but difficult to spot.

This makes me remember the good "old" days back in 2006 and 2007, when I was 5 or 6 and I took my Tamas into school every day when they were allowed. I connected with others and my Tama's friend list was full to bursting. I remember having to delete people to make room for others. I remember the time my friend taught me to pause it, and the time when all the Year One girls stood in a circle connecting Tamas.

Nowadays, my Tamas are lonely, crying out for the attention I lack giving them and also crying out for friends. I haven't connected with anyone else except my brother in years. I wish the Tamagotchi spirit was back and I had tons of people on my friends list again and I could find one person who knows the word "Mametchi".
This exactly^ I used to have so many people on my tama's friend lists' but now it all the same on each tama.Two of my own and my one Tama Crazy friend has at least 1 on there too.There used to be some on there that I didn't even know who it came from.And as for the word Mametchi?"Meh-mat-chi?" "Mahhh-neh-tchi?" *faceplam* "Its Mametchi.".No one knows what I mean by "v4" or "v3" now,only "text" or "talk". It's sad. I'd be lucky to find someone who REMEMBERS tamagotchi,meeting another person who still uses one is like finding a needle in a haystack.

It doesn't have to be every gadget's fate though. Tamagotchis, like every other gadget, have the ability to improve as technology does. Computers are many times better than they were when they started being sold in the 70s and 80s. Tamagotchi has the same potential. If the Tamagotchi Spirit is dissapearing it isn't Tamagotchi's fault, it's Bandai's. They could improve the technology, make them better and more involved. And they can advertise. I watch Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and The Disney Channel all the time. I see ads for all manner of useless plastic trinkets but I never see ads for Tamagotchi. If they released the color Tamas here and actually advertised the things they might actually become popular again. As it is now even if there are people out there who would enjoy Tamagotchi they wouldn't even know they're out there.

It doesn't have to be every gadget's fate though. Tamagotchis, like every other gadget, have the ability to improve as technology does. Computers are many times better than they were when they started being sold in the 70s and 80s. Tamagotchi has the same potential. If the Tamagotchi Spirit is dissapearing it isn't Tamagotchi's fault, it's Bandai's. They could improve the technology, make them better and more involved. And they can advertise. I watch Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and The Disney Channel all the time. I see ads for all manner of useless plastic trinkets but I never see ads for Tamagotchi. If they released the color Tamas here and actually advertised the things they might actually become popular again. As it is now even if there are people out there who would enjoy Tamagotchi they wouldn't even know they're out there.
Good point. If they stopped advertising and treating tamagotchis like they're for 3 year olds, maybe we'd get a wider audience of tamagotchi fans. It's just the same thing every version with it's own unique features or upgrades. They need to find a new niché to recapture the heart and soul of tamagotchi, or atleast draw some new players in. Once you've got every single character, tamas get exceptionally boring. They need to somehow make the fun last more than just getting every character.

Even if they do address some of these hitches, Tamagotchi will never reach it's former glory ever again. People have moved on. They have iPods, phones and laptops now. Most of the only true fans are the fans of the older generations that hung on to tamagotchis, or bratty children. Bandai probably won't even listen to us, considering how selfish they are. Bandai is failing a toy that has good potential. Adverts would certainly help out the franchise.

If they did release the colour tamagotchis, I wouldn't say they'd make a huge turning point but it would atleast give fans something to play with while Bandai stalls them with a Tamago V2 or something.

Tamatalk is a really strong community of tamagotchi fans. Tamatalk is almost exclusively the tamagotchi fanbase nowadays. I don't think Bandai would make a new tama just for us, though. They need more than a few thousand fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
..................... ....... They should re- release the old ones.

Lets send this fourm to bandai. Serious.

I would love it if they rereleased the Angel Tamagotchi since I never actually had one. I got all my original Tamas on clearance at KB toys and by the time I got there all the Angels were already gone.

It's really sad that there is no tama spirit where I live. I went to Target, asked if they had any Tamagotchi Tamatowns or the figures, the lady looked at me and said "I'm sorry but I have no idea what those are" So I went and asked the man there, he said he used to play with those and called them little games. He asked me how to spell it ( T_T ) searched them in his thingy and said that there were none left. I went over to the toddlers isle and spotted a Kuromametchi figure, I went all spazz grabby hands and people looked at me as if to say "What in the world is she doing in the toddler isle?" I showed the man that there was some over there and he said they were on clearence to go and they don't show up. When I bought it, the cashier lady thought I was buying a present for a younger sibling.

If everyone knew about Tamagotchi, someone would've gladly led me to them but no, I happen to pass by the toddler isle while walking to the door and I see a figure. Typical.

Lets send this fourm to bandai. Serious.
I'll send it.I miss the days when you would go out shopping and you saw 30 people with tamagotchis.*sigh* Now it's all Bluetooth and iPhone and crap.You would see more people walking around with phones glued to their ears rather than checking on a tamagotchi.I say we all clutter Bandai's customer support inbox with links to this topic.They need to start advertising more and maybe making tamas for all ages and everyone again.Not sparkly pink with rainbows or something.I'm a girl but i'd rather not feel like a 3 year old walking around with something that has sparkles and rainbows or...glitter *shivers*.

I'll send it.I miss the days when you would go out shopping and you saw 30 people with tamagotchis.*sigh* Now it's all Bluetooth and iPhone and crap.You would see more people walking around with phones glued to their ears rather than checking on a tamagotchi.I say we all clutter Bandai's customer support inbox with links to this topic.They need to start advertising more and maybe making tamas for all ages and everyone again.Not sparkly pink with rainbows or something.I'm a girl but i'd rather not feel like a 3 year old walking around with something that has sparkles and rainbows or...glitter *shivers*.
Yeah, whenever I walk into a cafe with a Tama people look and think "Isn't she too old to be playing with kids' toys like that?" and it's as if I'm riding in on a tricycle. I prefer keeping them in my pocket and when people ask me my phone number at school and I say I don't have a phone, they're like "Whoa, OMG, you don't have a phone yet?". But when I bring out my Tama, I say to the others "Whoa, OMG, you don't remember the first virtual pet?". But no response. No effect. :angry:

When I went shopping to The Warehouse, my mom asked one of the staff: "Excuse me, do you have any of the little figures that go on Tamagotchi?" and then the staff said "I don't know...maybe in the toys section?" and murmur things like "Long time since I saw those..." and "Nobody ever buys them anymore..." then we go to the girls toys section and after a bit of hunting, behind a load of Littlest Pet Shop collectables, were two Tama-Go figures. I often find them near La La Loopsys (girlish) and Moshi Monsters Moshlings (neutral-ish), so they're mostly in the Gender Neutral section.

Yeah, whenever I walk into a cafe with a Tama people look and think "Isn't she too old to be playing with kids' toys like that?" and it's as if I'm riding in on a tricycle. I prefer keeping them in my pocket and when people ask me my phone number at school and I say I don't have a phone, they're like "Whoa, OMG, you don't have a phone yet?". But when I bring out my Tama, I say to the others "Whoa, OMG, you don't remember the first virtual pet?". But no response. No effect. :angry:
I know exactly what you mean.All of my friends except one hate tamas,they think they're "stupid" and ask me "why do you still use those?"I minus well be 3 feet tall and have a giant lollipop and a Barbie in my hand. :p I have a phone but I HATE sitting there texting,it's annoying to me.You could be talking to your friends in person or at least on video chat.I had a sleepover with 4 of my friends,two out of the four had tamagotchis.They kept asking me why I was playing with it and "what's the point?".My reply was "they're cute and fun,that's why." No effect just like with your case.:/

There isn't much Tama spirit left, even in myself(even though I still play them) but when someone calls them childish or stupid, I kind of make a game of it. I'll make a stupid face and be all "Oh yeah. My momma got it for me today. I can't wait to go home and play with my new Barbies!" Then I roll my eyes and laugh at them. :) I stopped caring if they're childish, I like them.

Well me and my two besties are all Tama fans. Whenever we get together we always bring our Tamas. So our Tamas always stay together! No matter what others say! I LOVE TAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I think the "Tama Spirit" is definitely fading away. Take me for example. I'm 17, and I haven't played with my Tama in maybe a year? I haven't even come to this forum in a long time. I just decided to come because I recently found my Tama and was thinking about activating it again. Once in a while I'll play with it, but I get bored of it eventually. Maybe I'm just getting too old for it. I would never be seen in public with one.

I think the Tama company should make them more appealing for a bigger audience. I think they should go back to step 1 where all you had to do was take care of your TamaPet through feeding and cleaning, etc. It would make the older generation who had a Tama when they first came out want one again.

Back to the Basics? Indeed, I agree with that. Although I LOVE my others... The orignals will always have a special place in my heart. My p2 I almost ruined the back of (The first...) I go back to that specific ONE even if I bought another P2 just so I could play with a P2 again without worrying about my back/cover falling off or the batteries comming loose.... I'm sure its that way with other people too.

If they went and did a questionaire on Bandai America/ Tamatown... I'm sure that might help. What people like. Reviews... etc.

They could go back to the originals (Beef up the pixels, make them smaller and slightly more higher resolution) Maybe add that backlight people seem to like... Or greyscale/mono-chrome the originals a bit. Nothing more. Nothing else added or removed.

Revert to the original size. The original cracked boarder would be nice... People liked that and it was reconizable to the naked eye...

I think they should go back to step 1 where all you had to do was take care of your TamaPet through feeding and cleaning, etc. It would make the older generation who had a Tama when they first came out want one again.
But, don't forget, we have several examples here of eleven-year-old girls who had their first Tama when they were 5 and it was a V4. There are plenty of people who love the new features of the iD L, Tama-Go, Music Star and the school feature starting from V3 was a really big hit. I think it would upset a lot of the younger fans, kids aged 9-14, to see that we're back to simple big pixels with the P1. I think they should do a Tama that has everything, you can get AP like on the Angel, water cleaning like on the Ocean, school like on the earlier Connections, toilet training like on the Tama-Go, a family like on the V5, instruments like on the V6, Tama Market and Pets and Henshin Jo from the iD L and so on. So that all the younger fans can get their Tama-Go features, all us 9-14 year old fans can get our V4 features, and all you older fans can get your Angelgotchi features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back