The Tamagotchi Spirit

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could get my friends to buy Tamas. It would benefit both me, them and the Tamagotchi spirit, but believe me, it's HOPELESS with any of my friends. They refuse to learn any characters, change the subject all the time, and even if I find an ex-Tama owner they say they threw out their Tama because they hated it and I can't get them to pick one up again. It's as if they're actually consciously AGAINST the Tamagotchi spirit, which is bad because there's nothing wrong with lots of people loving Tamas.

I found one girl who still used them, but she recently gave hers away, sadly not to me. She didn't view finding another Tama-owner as a rare gem like I do, she just seemed plain uninterested as if she was planning to get rid of her Tama anyway. I've met a couple of people with Tamas, and even one who's on TamaTown but can't remember her ID, but they weren't ecstatic like me to find another Tama-owner.

I can't get people Tamas for their birthdays either. My mom says their parents might not like it. Load of rubbish. One girl I know has TWO IPHONES. Surely her parents can put up with an extra little elecronic toy? It's excuses. My mom's totally against the Tamagotchi spirit, which is why I can't help. Sorry. :angry: :(

I miss the old old days, when everyone in school would wear long sleeves in the summer just so they could play with their tamas in class. Now I'm 22 (just got mine back out), and no one seems to even remember what they are!

Back when I first joined this site (when V1 had just come out), it was awesome. You'd post something and be immediatly bombarded with replies.

I think kids these days (lol, can't believe I just said that) are too interested in the high-tech stuff, like you said. I've heard all kids of rumors about Tamagotchis being discontinued, and now I can't even find any in the stores. I went to four stores yesterday looking for them, and no one knew what I was talking about.

I think you're right. It does seem to be leaving... Off to read replies now.

I went to our Kroger Marketplace over the weekend to get a toy for my Mom's friend's baby.(First time seeing the baby so it made sense to ;) ) And what do ya know,beneath the Squinkies,Poly Pockets and whatever those fuzzy things are,I saw Tama-Gos and figures.YES!It was on a lower rack,near the 20 Questions stuff.I was so happy to see it,Tamagotchi isn't going anywhere. ;)

Everyone's into high tech stuff now and tamagotchis have become a thing of the past but now we, the members of tamatalk are seen as stupid, outdated people. Even me when I asked about the virtual pets thing and everyone laughed. :( The tama craze is gone. Long gone in Minnesota. :(

I wish that everyone still took care of one... Sadly I think me and my brother are the only kids who actually own one ( and play with it) at the school. The only other kid I know who has one is a kid who accidently washed his 4.5 in the washer machine.... Where oh where did the Tamagotchi Spirit go?! :(

How I love to bring up the TAMA Fever just like before. Although as what you've said most of them had their iPhones and iPads. I'm trying to recreate a Tama for the iOS devices. Although I'm wondering if I'll get sued by creating one ~__~

Sorry,but I just don't like tamagotchis.Lol sarcasm.I do like tamagotchis.But erm...They are shutting down in like,2013? Nobody really buys them,thy don't advertise... :rolleyes: I'm not surprised it's "OMG ITS NOT IN SHOPS"

BanDai NEVER listens to us. We've sent them emails, we've suggested advertising, but all we are doing is annoying them and making them even more likely to discontinue Tamagotchis. It's hopeless. Modern tech has simply overtaken Tamagotchis.

~ Dazzmina ~

I think this post is totally wrong. Me and my friend are having the time of our lifes! We LOVE Tamagotchis! But my friend doesn't have his own so I give him mine for a week. But I dropped one of mine into the pool. I think he is upset!

No I mean, me and MY friend are going great too, but when did you last see any Tama except a Tama-Go in stores? Exactly. It's not about what's going on NOW; it's about what going to happen in a few years (e.g. Tamas being discontinued).

:furawatchi: ~ Dazzmina ~ :chohimetchi:

I thought I was COMPLETELY alone until.... Yesterday!!!! I was in japanese class and I was really early. I was just playing climb with my 4.5 when a girl walked into the room and sat down. I glanced up to see who it was, and I did a double take! BECAUSE..........

She had a V4 lying on her textbook!!!!!

so I walked up and stoked up a conversation! we connected twice and she even knew that my tama is a v4.5! :.]happy...

and later another girl was talking about pushing some batteries into her tama that night, I didn't see her the next day but, I have a warm fuzzy feeling now...

I thought I was COMPLETELY alone until.... Yesterday!!!! I was in japanese class and I was really early. I was just playing climb with my 4.5 when a girl walked into the room and sat down. I glanced up to see who it was, and I did a double take! BECAUSE..........

She had a V4 lying on her textbook!!!!!

so I walked up and stoked up a conversation! we connected twice and she even knew that my tama is a v4.5! :.]happy...

and later another girl was talking about pushing some batteries into her tama that night, I didn't see her the next day but, I have a warm fuzzy feeling now...
You'd be surprised at how many Tamagotchi fans there are still out there. The product is just more obsolete and less advertised as it used to be. Good for you! I'm glad you found a Tamagotchi friend at school! :)

Once I was on a ferry ride and I saw a girl a bit younger than me with a green Tama-Go. I figured she wouldn't even know it was made by the same company as the V4.5 round my neck, so I didn't speak to her. And also a girl who used to go to my school had a V3, but she gave it away because she had "grown out of it". Other than that, I've never met another Tamagotchi fan, unless you count the school before my old school (where it was the Tama craze and I got into them) or a person I got into Tamas.

:furawatchi: ~ Dazzmina ~ :chohimetchi:

Today I went to target. Since I was bored I looked for tamas.

I found none. Not even a tamago.

I checked Wal-Mart too, back during the summer.

No tamas.

Sad. Two national retailers in the US don't even sell tamas in their stores anymore.

Well personally I think the tamagotchi spirit is stronger with the age group that had them when they first came out in 1996. I have been obsessed with them for years and got my younger friend who never heard of them before, interested in them, in fact I have my own little group of friends that still have them, I even traded tamas with my one. People younger than me mainly don't know what the heck [watching my language] a tamagotchi is but my fellow class mates in college instantly recognize them and we have long conversations of memories we had with them [great conversation starters]. Sadly the spirit is dieing in the US and the fans are becoming a minority, I agree that Bandai reeeeally needs to market better and come up with a new and improved design, with a little zazz to peak interest with today's crowd. I mean come on back in the 90s we had some very crappy technology, look at the computers and "cell phones". Tamagotchis were like the biggest toys ever because it was interactive technology that didn't scare the crap out of us like the furbies [personally I didn't have a problem with them]. Tamas can still come back, they just need a little make over. If they would bring the colors or ids over here then imagine the sales [and the fact they connect with cell phones!] Ok done ranting... just had to get that out there.

Everyone's into high tech stuff now and tamagotchis have become a thing of the past but now we, the members of tamatalk are seen as stupid, outdated people. Even me when I asked about the virtual pets thing and everyone laughed.
sad.gif
The tama craze is gone. Long gone in Minnesota.
sad.gif

That is kind of offensive to me. :(

I see that the TMGC spirit in Ontario isn't very popular anymore. :( :( :(

Everyone's into high tech stuff now and tamagotchis have become a thing of the past but now we, the members of tamatalk are seen as stupid, outdated people. Even me when I asked about the virtual pets thing and everyone laughed.
sad.gif
The tama craze is gone. Long gone in Minnesota.
sad.gif
That post might sound a bit offensive, but it's true. I have to be quite careful about how I word MY posts, but that post is not carefully worded at all and that might actually be a GOOD thing, because it's just getting straight to the point and saying what we've all been trying to say politely: Tamas are seen as outdated and there's nothing we can really do about it. Unless there's someone here who is amazing at getting other people into Tamas? (Not me, I struggled to get ONE person into them)

~ Dazzmina ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back