They Call Us Show Girls

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Katherine "Katy" Prescott

Looks: Katy is so skinny and small, people are usually surprised to find that she isn't one of the dancers, but their costume designer. She stands barely at five foot three and fits a double zero. Her features are very petite and actually quite doll like. Her face is impeccably clear - the only makeup she wears is a swipe of mascara and eyeshadow if she's going out. Katy's hair is long, thin, and a honey blonde color. It reaches about halfway down her back and has the slightest wave to it. Her bright green eyes serve to complement her natural, effortless beauty. As a costume designer, Katy loves clothes. She usually dresses up, whatever the occasion. It's not uncommon to see her wearing her own creations, be it a dress, skirt, or blouse. 

Personality: Katy is one of those girls who is actually quite smart, though she doesn't exactly look it. She's very straightforward and blunt. She'll tell it like it is, especially if it interferes with her work. She's incredibly hardworking; she takes her job seriously. At the same time, however, she has fun while she works. She's close to most of the girls as well as the other crew members. She's not hard to get along with for the most part, but she does have her days. 

Position: She's the head costume designer. She actually does most of the costumes herself, because she's very possessive of her sewing equipment. 

How you got into the business: To say family business would be an understatement. The Prescott women have been designing the Follies' costumes since what seems like the beginning of time. Katy's mom once was the costume designer for the Follies and Katy helped her while she was young. After her mother's death, Katy took over as the head designer. For Katy though, it's more than simply an obligation. She adores what she does.

Backstory: Katy grew up never knowing her father. Her mother slept around a lot, and therefore it was never really determined who Katy's father was. Her mother always had men over. Some would come once or twice, some would show up almost every week, but eventually they all left and new ones took their place. When she wasn't helping her mother make costumes, Katy was at school or working on her own clothes. She did extremely well in school, graduating as the valedictorian of her class. She was even accepted into Pratt - one of the top design schools - but wasn't able to afford tuition even with the financial aid package. Soon after graduation from high school, however, Katy's mother died of a drug overdose, and at 18 she became the costume designer. She's been working there for the past seven years and she hasn't regretted it one bit. She tries to avoid the lifestyle her mother had, but that's not to say she's never had a rough night or two or three...

Last edited by a moderator:
Juliet, still inwardly groaning from the pain of being so overused the night before, meandered over by Meimei and Brielle as inconspicuously as possible. "Hey guys," she whispered behind her hand, to make sure that Caden couldn't hear her over the music, "I heard y'all talking about going out tonight; and I hate do invite myself but do you think I could come? Work has been so dreary lately and I totally need just a bangin' time to forget about some of it." She hadn't meant to eavesdrop but it wasn't as if Meimei was being terribly quiet - but that was a reason why Juliet liked her. She'd hoped the girls would have eventually asked her to join them tonight, considering they were all close, but she didn't want to take that chance. She needed some fun and fast. While awaiting an answer, she pointed her toes and rolled her shoulders back to get ready for the dancing part of the rehearsal.

Meimei said, "Of course Jules! I had been planning on asking you as soon as you had a free moment. And I definitely agree. That bald guy came back again, and he was much moire forward. So. Tacky. Besides, you and Bri are my best friends, and we need to have an actual time to catch up. I mean, I love performing, but this is like, the dumps. Still, maybe since we're under new management--" At this point she raised her voice so Caden could hear, "-- maybe we'll get longer breaks every once in a while. that would be awesome." She then stole a look at Caden, assuring that he could hear her. Then she turned back to her friends. At this point, she began to whisper. "I have a feeling he'll end up with one of us-- not me, I mean. Totally not my type. But someone else. I have a different idea of the kind of guy I would like." She shrugged nonchalantly and went back to stretching.

Juliet subconsciously twirled her left braid between her pointer finger and thumb while she nodded along with what Meimei was saying. "I don't know what's been going on lately; but seriously, it's like performing isn't the same anymore! And thank you, Meimei! I figured you were going to, but I just had to make sure. And right? They all got ten times creepier and ten times more rough." She stole another glance at Caden, biting her rosy lower lip while she pondered what her friend had stated. "I don't know, I mean it's possible. He clearly isn't as crazy as his brother - thank God. He is really cute." She mentally shook herself, not wanting to being thinking inappropriate thoughts about her new boss yet not being able to completely ignore his attraction. Her elegantly shaped eyebrows knitted together before she whispered: "What if he's gay?" It was totally possible. Most choreographing directors were.

"He's much cooler than the other Fletcher, that's for sure," she said in agreement, beaming. "And... yeah, he's cute, too. Although I still say I love Asian guys the most." She giggled, then stopped stretching to sit with her legs crossed in a relaxed position. "I'm pretty sure he's not gay," she said quietly, leaning toward the girls so Caden wouldn't hear them. "I mean, honestly, I can just tell. Besides, he'd be open with us about it, seeing as he's mister honest, right? And I'm sure we'd have seen a boy or two around here, maybe giving him special looks. That hasn't happened at all since Caden's been around. Besides, his brother is the gay one! Oh, and I'm also a ****-eyed optimist, which might have some sway over my musings." She shot a quick glance at Caden. "Too bad he's the boss though. That just makes things complicated."

Brookelyn watched silently as Caden simply brushed off Brielle's tardiness. He seemed pretty cool and calm about it, alot of others might have total freaked out and blown off the handle but he staye collected and Brookelyn admired him for that. That was one trait she didn't have, the ability to stay calm was nowhere near her forte if something could make he upset he damnwell didn't hide it. She could over hear some bits of brief conversations between a few of the other girls, appearantly from what she gathered the old director was no where even close to being nice or empathetic. She also sort of wondered what they hanmeant about late nights. Their shows werent really that long and there werent any shows that started too late. She might have asked what they meant but she figured it was none of her business and it was rude to eavesdrop even if it wasn't intentional, also she just wasn't the type of person to really interupt people or strike up a conversation with strangers.

Sophie began to run her body through the motions of stretching. Every once in a while she gasped when she pushed a little too much on the places that were sore. Like everyone else, she'd had a very long, late night last night. She stood up and pushed her hips forward to stretch her back. Her gaze fell on the hot new director Caden. Thank goodness he replaced his brother, not only is he easier on the eyes he seemed much happier to be here than Mr. Fletcher ever had. Sophie began to warm up her voice a little as she overheard Meimei and Brielle plan a girls night out. While it just wasn't like her to invite herself, she most likely eventually would. She loved all the girls dearly, they were like the family she never had, and they were really the best part of performing.

"Hey ladies! What's up?" I asked Meimei, Juliet, and Brielle excitedly.

We need some more male characters. I'm thinking of making one. If I get it done relatively soon I'll edit this post. (No promised though I have a French speech thing to memorize. )

^^Aha, this takes the weight off my shoulders a bit! I'm pretty sure I'll be making another one, when I've decided who he shall be, but it'll take more than one more :)

Caden was still chuckling about the girls' conversations about his brother. From that point on, of course, the girls were whispering, and he didn't hear them debating over his sexual orientation as well as his attractiveness. He busied himself writing notes, discussing with his choreographer and stage manager what he should do to improve this and that section. But he came to a realisation that, in fact, the girls were the most talented members of the group, as far as he was concerned. They were performing, they spent time with members of the crowd, they knew better than anyone what they were capable of, and what people liked. So, he called out, "Alright, girls, gather around a second." He chuckled and said, "Have a seat, in a circle, children. Settle down." He sat down as well and said, "Listen, I'm kind of the new guy in this job, and frankly I've always thought that you guys, being the stars of the show, should have more say in what's in it, and what's not, and what I could do to make it better. So, now that I'm in a position to allow you to do that, fire away with some suggestions for me."

I am between a couple of names and I can't decide: which do you guys like best??

Liam

Sebastian

Eli

Sterling

Xaivier

--

Brookelyn looked up slightly starled by Caden's sudden orders. She watched as he sat down as well like he was part of the group. Caden really seemed to enjoy this job and he acted like he was actually concerned about these girls unlike most who saw them as simple objects that made them money. She smiled slightly at what he had said about their importance and wanting to hear their suggestions. She didn't really have any since she really never had done a show or a rehearsal with the girls but she still apprieciated the thought and the option of offering up opinions that he gave. Brookelyn sat patiantly and waited to hear what the other girls had to say.

I'll definitely add one too once I have the time to make another form. :) And I like Sterling!

Juliet really hadn't had a chance to say anything else to Brielle, Meimei and Sophie before Caden expressed his odd request. If Mr. Fletcher had been here, which thankfully he wasn't, would have had a mental breakdown if it was even hinted that the girls might have a say in the show. She sat down in their little newly formed circle, trying not to grunt as her joints protested angrily. Her fingers kneaded a sore muscle in her thigh as she awaited the girls to speak their minds. "I have a suggestion," she announced suddenly, tucking one stray strand of golden hair behind her left ear before continuing, "I think we should have more complex dance routines. I mean, I like a challenge; and all I feel we really do is shake our butt and bend over."

Mystic- I personally love Sebastian and Sterling

__

Sophie was slightly appalled at the suggestion Caden was making. It's not that she wasn't dying to put her two sense into the show, but she never would have expected it from the director of anything. She smiled at the opportunity, "I'd really love it if I got to sing a little more. I mean, dancing's great but that's practically all we did." Sophie wasn't afraid to tell people what she wanted, the answer was either yes or no. What did she have to lose? Singing was how she got through stuff, it was still how she got herself through things, so singing more would definitely bring back the joy to performing, at least for her. "And to be honest," Sophie continued, "Seeing all the other girls use their amazing talents would make the show even better."

Well whaddya know, I was planning on adding a guy as well! The rugged stage hand *swoon*

I LOVE the names Sterling and Sebastien~ (Under the sea...)

"Could we possibly do scenes from musical theater, or straight plays? Like Showboat, or Miss Saigon, or Chicago? I think we would be awesome as the girls in the jail... not saying we're criminals. And I agree with Sophie. I like to sing and act, and I feel like we never get to go any further than that. And... I know I'd like to bring more of my culture into some of my performances. Maybe we could each have a little solo time during a show, like a huge montage! That way we each get an equal amount of stage time, but we also get to show off our individual abilities. I mean, if that's okay..." Mei was thrilled that Sophie asked about singing more. Mei loved to sing, and she also knew Sophie had a killer voice as well. Plus, it would be a nice break from the mundane.

Name: Eli Fitzpatrick

Looks: Eli's most noticable physical feature would be his bright ice-blue eyes. He has hair is pitch black- not dark cheasnut, but almost looks like it could be black- black. It is straight and shaggy and sweeps over one of his eyes. He's relatively tall, standing a little bit under six and a half feet tall. He isn't athlectically built but he isn't also thin and stragling. His body is about average, he doesnt go to work out or anything but he also doesn't starve himself or is extremely thin. His clothing style is casual, usually dark and plain clthes, jeans and a longsleevd shirt or a jacket. He has a rather bad-boy or uncaring appearance.

Personality: Eli has that typical bad boy nonchalant attidute. He doesn't really care what people think. He is a bit of a fighter but can also be a flirt. When he wants something he goes after it. He is the type who hits up every party he can, yet never is willing to actually throw one. He often seems cold and heartless but a lot of that is just a wall, if someone can break that down you can watch him really open up. He is not afraid to speak his mind and tell you exactly what he thinks, he is cocky and fairly arrogent and deffinately can be described as loud, and another few choice words that others have used to describe him. He is very outspoken and if asked his opinion he will tell you. He doesn't really enjoy this job but its a job.

Position: Part of the Stage Crew

How you got into the business: He needed a job for the summer and this place was hiring stage help to help clean up and set things up. He had no idea what sort of business he was getting into when he got the job but now he can' really afford to leave it. Eli thinks this whole thing is sick and disgusting and these girls are basically acting as some form of 'superior prostitutes'

Backstory:His life has been relatively normal, nothing out of the ordinary. He was born to a nurturing family with both parents and an older brother. His life stayed that way until his father died and then shortly after he was sent here. His entire life was spent living in his brother Dylan's shadow, never able to overcome his great grades, athletic ability, superb good looks, talent etc. His father died when Eli was around 15-16. And has always been pretty much alone and likes to do things his way.

Name:Sebastian Taylor

Looks: Sebastian has green eyes and sandy hair. He stands about six foot and is well built and muscular. His clothing style is simple and casual. He can normally be found in a t shirt or simple button down shirt with a pair of jeans, and not some saggy pair that is way to big and is always falling and sagging down to your knees

Personality: He is charming and quick on his feet. He is generally sweet and caring. He is passionate and loves his job. He is more than willing to work late or take on extra shifts or chores or tasks around the business. He is very protective and hates to see their customers become abusive to 'his girls' and thats the way he looks at them, not simply as employees or toys.

Position: Stage Manager

How you got into the business: Sebastian had always had high asparations and had wanted to own his own business. So far in his life this is where he has gotten already. He is proud of the success of the business. He is very talented and rather successful in what he does.

ew s****y forms, don't mind them...please don't waste your time actually reading through them both entirely I jusdt through this together as a sort of makeshift character form(s) But I will try to add some depth to the actuall characters. I just really can't be bothered right now.

Mali heard what the others were saying about singing and dancing more. She said "I also think we should do more singing and dancing" She knew all the other girls were good and she loved to sing and dance so she was all for this idea. She signed up for singing and dancing, not just shaking her butt and bending over. "We all have these wonderful talents, why not let them shine?"

All are accepted :)

Bri's eyes lit up when Chicago was mentioned. Obviously, that idea was good with her. "I don't think straight plays are the way to go. Musicals- yes. Straight plays- I don't think so. SOme of the girls are indeed strong actresses, but I know for a fact I'm not. But all of us can sing. And obviously dance. And I think Cell Block Tango would be one of the best songs for us." She turned to Caden, "What do you think?"

Caden nodded, taking down all of the suggestions onto a piece of paper at his feet. The girls had been so eager to pile suggestions onto him, he'd barely had time to form an opinion on all of them, so when Brielle asked him what he thought, he looked down at the piece of paper again to go over what was said. "I also don't think that straight plays is what we're about, personally. The show is for the dance, and for the music. Ot course, I'd be very happy for the music aspect to play a bigger role, and I think musicals would be great." He underlined a few of what everyone seemed to think were the best ideas. "I think you guys would be great at stuff from Chicago, Burlesque.. That kind of thing. I also think this'll give you the more complex routines that, say, Juliet, you're looking for. Anything else? Feel free to disagree with me, of course."

Sebastian strode out from the back area of the stage casually and sat down gently on a chair that was off to the side. He was close enough to still hear what was said but not close enough to really be envolved in the conversation. He onlooked the small huddle of girls around Caden all offering up suggestions and comments, each of them having their own ideas. He smiled softly at his girls, he was glad for them to finally get soe say in a show that in true was theirs. He had gotten his head bitten off a few times for even suggesting they got some sort of input in descisions that would effect them and he was proud of Caden for being good enough to include them. Sebastian couldn't help but smirk a bit at Juliet's comment about the butt shaking.

Eli shuffled around behing the closed stage curtains. He, along with some other stage hands were busy setting up back drops and cleaning up the stage floor and other mundane tasks. He found himself moving around papers and clipboards full of notes. He stacked the papers on an epty table and watched as another person mindlessly reorganized the snack table. He found it funny that they had a table full of sweet treats in a place where the lower level crew weren't allowed to eat it and the ones who could never really had time for more than a coffee and a bunch of girls who never ate much to begin with let alone chocolate and sugar packed snacks.

Mei looked over and noticed Sebastien having sat down. She grinned at him and gave him a little wave, before turning back to the other girls and to Caden. She had always been a fan of Sebastien, especially with how hard he worked to make the shows happen well. While some of the snobbier girls (none of the girls in the rp right now), gave the stage crew a hard time, and didn't appreciate them, Mei always was especially courteous to the crew and to Sebastien. She knew that the show would be nothing without the crew. "I like all of the ideas! I'm totally for it!" She grinned at the other girls, occasionally taking their hands in a sisterly fashion or giving them a hug. But then she started wondering where Eli was. Now he was hot.

Brielle smiled over at Sebastian. She had always thought he was cute, and always wanted to hint about maybe turning their friendship into something more. Brielle turned back to the rest of the girls. "Burlesque is a for sure. Christina Agulera finally has something decent to contribute to the world." Bri said with one of her little smirks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back