They Call Us Show Girls

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You don't really appreciate Christina?" Caden replied, seemingly amused by this. He didn't really admit it, because it wasn't an entirely manly thing to state, but he thought she was pretty amazing. Her music wasn't always wonderful, but she had great voice. Anyway.... He needed to digress from that. "Alright, so I guess I'd better get started on this. This is going to mean more work for me, I think I'm going to get together some musical arrangements..." he murmured, mostly to himself. "Alright, girls, I want some songs. We've established in particular Cell Block Tango, what else?"

Eli was getting setting up a set of CD's that had been taken out of the pile that the choreographers and such had been thinking of using. He placed all of the CD's nonchalantly into one neat pile. There wasn't much left to be done at the moment because everyone was busy in the other room. A few other stage hands were looming around the edge of the curtain sneaking a few peeks into the other room out of curiosity and trying to get within earshot of their conversation. Eli help back a small chuckle, he quite frankly couldn't care less about what they were talking about. He figured it was probably something to do with a new costume that requires less material or some way that they can turn lap-straddling into a dancemove without being classified as strippers.

"Burlesque. FOr sure. But no, I don't appreciate Christina. I think she sounds like Kermit the frog, most of the time." Bri said matter-of-factly. She crossed her legs and sat up a little straighter. Leave it to Bri to give her brutally honest opinion. A few of the girls obviously didn't like Brielle's comment very much, but she just shrugged. She didn't really care what most people thought of her.

Mali was for this "I definitely agree" she said "Burlesque will gfive us the more complex dance routines we're looking for, and from it we'll get more music in, more singing, more dancing, our talents will be shown" She really wanted everyone to see what they were all capable of, rather than just a little movement. Mali was definitely glad that she and the others would be seen for what they can do. She smiled, because she was happy.

"We should do some 80s songs or something. Oh, and songs from Mamma Mia-- those are great girl pieces, so we can all sing, and then people can have solos! I think it would be really fun. Oh, and Cabaret has a few good things we could work with. Oh, and do you think maybe we could bring in special guests once in a while? That way we can have more variety in the songs and scenes we choose-- especially when it comes to needing male performers every once in a while. We have so many possibilities to make this more than just pretty girls taking clothes off and dancing around and singing-- we can make this about performing, about honing our skills and showing off our best abilities." Mei was rambling, she knew, but she felt very passionately about the performing arts, especially since people always seemed to look down on the folly girls.

Brielle stood up and said, "I'll be right back. I need to get some sugar before I collapse." She sashayed over to the snack table, pondering which goodies she wanted to take. She picked up a powdered donut and took a big bite, closing her eyes as she chewed and swallowed the sugary goodness. She looked over at Eli, not sure if she'd ever talked to him. She definitly wasn't one of her regular customers.

Eli made a slightly confused face when Brielle smiled at him, he half-smiled back, unsure of any other response. He looked away and went back to his simply organizing, he really had nothing to do, but he generally found that when he looked like he was busy doing something people were less likely to try and speak to him. He really had no interest in talking to any of these girls, so he always found it best to avoid them most of the time, and besides half of them had no real interest in anything other than asking him to grab them a water or a low fat soy muffin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brielle walked over to him. "Hi." she said, with one of her charming smiles. "I'm Brielle. What's your name?" She took another bite of her donut, looking at Eli, her eyes seeming friendly.

Mei was very curious about what Eli was up to. She wasn't afraid to admit she had quite a large crush on him, but nobody asked, so she had said nothing. Maybe it was his bad-boy attitude, or maybe it was his dark good looks, she wasn't sure. Maybe it was because he was a mystery to her, and she wanted to figure him out. She went to get a snack, wondering what they had today. She loved food, and nothing would keep her away. She went over towards the snack table, then froze up when she saw him and Brielle. She forced herself not to get upset or nervous, and she grabbed a quick snack, a glass of water, then hurried back over to the other girls, her cheeks a dark shade of red.

Eli said nothing, he simply looked up when she spoke slightly confused. He glanced around quickly hoping she would have been talking to someone else. Seeing no one else he spoke, "Um, hi..." It came out sounding somewhat like a question rather than a statement. He watched as Mei had come into the room grabbed her food and practically ran out of the room, well that was deffinately the way he preferred it. He looked back down to his work, he finished organizing the desk top and then headed off into another room through a curtain without another word.

Ahh, I have to retype it all again... Darn it.

Caden scribbled down all of the song choices onto his nearly full sheet of paper, and when he was satisfied he had recalled them all he got up. He decided it was probably best if he could hear the girls sing as soon as possible, since he'd never heard any of them truly sing before. He went out backstage, and returned, pushing the old, dust covered, unused for a long time piano onto the stage. If there was one thing Caden knew he really wanted to incorporate now that he had the power to, it was the element of live music. Joseph had not had the time or patience for musicians, he'd made that clear- and this probably was mostly due to the fact that Caden was one himself, and it was the reason he'd gone to Juilliard-, but now that he was in charge, Caden thought it would be a good idea. He played softly in the corner while the girls chatted to each other and got something to eat, deciding he was satsified that it was in tune enough to suffice.

Mei went off to the side and stood by herself, a somewhat glum look on her face. She ate her food in silence, musing over how it really shouldn't matter if Brielle and Eli liked each other-- really, Mei should be putting her career first, not socializing, not day dreaming. She went over to the piano and watched Caden play, trying to make her face appear more... cheerful. Like she didn't have a care in the world. that's how everyone liked to see her anyway; it was normal Mei. Easy to introduce, easy to forget, Mei told herself. After all, she had been auditioning for shows non stop since she arrived in America, but she had been a bit too forgettable to get cast.

I'm probably going to add a guy later. As in probably later this week because my stress level is super high right now. :/

Katy was running late, as per usual. Her arms were full of different fabrics and an assortment of binders. She had no idea what the new director would even expect from her, so she had brought the clothes she had been working on most recently, as well as her collection of designs, most of which had never been turned into a tangible piece of clothing. She entered, only to find that most everybody was doing his or her own thing. She set her belongings down on an empty chair, making sure not a single thread of the costumes touched the floor. She glanced around the room quickly before sitting down besides Sebastian, who seemed to be by himself. "Did I miss anything interesting?" she asked. 

Brielle's head cocked to the side and her eyebrows furrowed together, not sure what she'd done wrong. She shrugged and took her breakfast over with Mei. SHe knew Mei and she noticed when she'd ran from the room. "YOu like that guy." she said quietly.

Mei laughed, trying to make it appear that she didn't mind. "Oh, no. I mean, I admire him... from far away. But like him? No, no, silly Bri! Besides, I bet he has a thing for you anyway!" She giggled nervously, then stuffed the rest of her breakfast in her mouth, looking like a chipmunk. "... Oh Bri, I'm pathetic, aren't I?" She let out a sigh and rubbed the back of her head. "I've never... liked a guy before, really. I usually try to play matchmaker, and I shouldn't even think about guys when I've got my career to worry about!"

First of all, I heart you Tarryn.

"Wrong. I don't even know his name. And he looked like he was going to shoot me for talking to him. Go for it." Bri looked over at Caden. He could actually play piano. "I-I'll be right back..." she muttered to Mei as she wandered over to Caden. "You're doing pretty good, for your first day." she told him, giving him a charming smile.

Mei knew that look, that tone of voice Brielle had. And the way she looked over at Caden. Hmm.... I'll have to talk to her privately when we can find the time... She went aside to warm up her voice, singing scales up and down, then going up half a pitch so she could sing in the next key higher. This place was definitely going to get more interesting, what with the new director, a couple new girls, and some definite romance popping up. She peered at the doorway that Eli had gone through, and sighed quietly.

Pahaha, thank you, Beth. I heart you, too :)

Caden looked up when he heard a voice from beside the piano. "Oh, thank you," he said, seeming a little like he was elsewhere, because, in fact, he sort of was. When he played music, it was like noone else was there, and he was in a different place. He smiled, seemingly back in the real world, and said, "You really think so? I guess I'm just trying to make things a little easier on you guys. I mean, Joseph worked you guys to the bone. I just wanted to make... this half of your job, for lack of a better way to put it, more... fun, I guess. Because that's the part I have control over. And I just have always had a lot of ideas for it, you know?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sebastian relaxed in his chair. This was, so far an unstressing day and he was quite enjoying it. He leaned back, resting his head against the cool wall. He closed his eyes for a moment in his relaxation, simpy listening to the gentle sounds of Caden's music. He looked down for a moment to check the time on his watch, the morning was soon fading, but it didn't matter everyone needed a little bit of a break.

Eli when into the back room and brought out a cooler with new cold waters and exchanged them with the ones that had been on the table for a while. He looked at the table and rolled his eyes slightly there was only a few things that had actually been eaten, it wasn't anything new though, these girls were all twigs who rarely ate. He set out a couple of apples into a bowl and placed it onto the table. He moved toward the desk to grab out a note pad for everyone to write down lunch orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back