They Call Us Show Girls

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my favourite Abba song <3

"You're not paid to do that kind of thing, with a gay director," Caden pointed out bluntly. He watched her examining the music from the books and he asked her, "Do you want to try any of them? I mean, I can play for you if you want."

Meeeee tooooooo :) I plan on singing it for something, just not sure what yet. Haha. :)

"He needed an easy cover up. And I'm paid to be easy." Brielle pointed out, rebutting Caden's comment. "I'm not sure yet-- I'm a dancer, not a singer. I mean, I guess I can sing, but it's nothing like Meimei."

I have to say the once I sing the most is "The Winner Takes it All". And then Dancing Queen <3

Legally Blonde!!! <3 "Is he gay or European? He's BOTH!"

Mei came back into the room, her hand wrapped with gauze and a bandage. It didn't hurt as bad now that she had wrapped it, but it still annoyed her. Oh well. She sat down on the stage floor, finally feeling ready for rehearsal. She looked over at Brielle and Caden and smiled slightly, wondering what song they were going to perform. She folded her legs underneath her and tilted her head to the side, letting her hair fall to the right.

Well, let me know when you've thought of something :)

Caden shook his head incredulously at Brielle's comments. He tilted his head to the side slightly as he asked her, "Who are you defending him to, exactly? Because you're talking to me, but I'm pretty sure you know that I am not my brother's biggest fan, to say the least." He just wondered why she chose to vindicate him after the way he'd treated all of the girls. He then said, "I was worried about this. Are you sure you're going to be comfortable with this new direction? I mean, it's a great idea but you girls were employed because you can dance, and if that's what you'd rather do then that's what we will do."

"Just playing Devil's Advocate. It's just what I do." Brielle smiled when she picked up the Hairspray book. Hairspray had been her favorite show as a child. She flipped to "The Legend of Miss. Baltimore Crabs". "I can do it, really." Brielle said, handing the song to Caden. "If you'd play this, that would be greatly appreciated." She grinned and took center stage, somewhere that she was very comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Suit yourself, I suppose, then," Caden replied with a gentle chuckle. He took the book from her, looking over the music, already hearing it his head, taking in and learning the notes. "Alright, well, I'll be the judge of that," he said in a teasingly serious and defiant tone, taking a seat on the stool. Being able to sight read was one of the best skills Caden had, it meant that he could play things without thinking about it- and in situations like this, it was pretty invaluable. He began to play.

Brielle, with those eyes of hers sold the song, seeming very much like the character. She belted out the song, dancing along with it, spinning and leaping, moving her hips like a pro. Whcih she was, technically. When she got to the last note, Bri was a little nervous, but ended up killing it. Bri smirked, knowing she did good. She strut back to the piano and leaned on it, whispering, "Told you I can handle it."

Mei clapped cheerfully. "Good job Bri-bear!" Mei hollered, waving her arms in the air. "That was very convincing!" She got to her feet and went over to the piano. "Gee Caden, did you sight read all of that? That's intense! i was never that good at piano, but my flute skills are killer!" She did a little twirl, then grinned.

AHH! My audition is in a little over an hour. SO PUMPED!!! *listening to Next to Normal to get in the mood*

Caden simplified some of the parts of the piano score as he went along, so that he could really listen to Brielle as she sand. For all that she'd said she was not really a singer, she was excellent. When she came back to the piano, he said, "For a minute there, I almost forgot you weren't Velma Von Tussle," with a smile to show how impressed he was. "Great job. And fabulous dancing, as always."

He smiled appreciatively at Mei for her compliment as she approached the piano. "Yes, I did. Thanks a lot."

Break a leg. Knock 'em dead! <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Bri smiled and thanked both Mei and Caden. "Hairspray was my favorite show when I was a kid. My parents probably took me to see it every time it was even an hour's drive away. And I scored tickets to the premire of the movie that came out a few years ago. I'm kind of in love with John Travolta." She shrugged, leaning on the piano. Some pieces of blonde hair had fallen out of Bri's braid and she took it out, shaking her hair a little before rebraiding it.

Break some legs :) I know you'll be fantastic :)

I seriously feel like peeing my pants. I'm nervous :S

Mei grinned and said, "Hairspray is a really good one! I always wanted to be little Inez when I was younger. I didn't fit the bill, but it was still fun to dream about. I have to say my favorite shows are Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables. For right now, anyway." She giggled and added, "The role of Christene Daae has always been a dream for me."

"I've only seen the movie, unfortunately. I mean, it's an amazing film but not quite the same as seeing it in Broadway. By the time I was actually in New York City, I was too broke to go and see musicals," Caden smiled. "John Travolta? Not in that movie, though, I hope. Grease, yes, I can understand but Edna Turnblad? I guess there's a first time for everything," he chuckled and started leafing through some of the other books he had on the piano.

"Yes, in Grease. And he was hilarious as Edna. ANd Zac Efron is just adorable. And so is James Marsden. I love Legally Blonde, too. Such an empowering musical." Brielle laughed a little before saying, "My parents thought I was going to start going by Elle because I was about to start living literally like Elle Woods before I got this job. Got accepted to Harvard and everything."

"No comment," Caden replied with a short chuckle, "Not my preference." He turned to Mei and said, "For me, they're awfully serious musicals. I mean, the music in them is beautiful, but somehow I can't get my head around something so highbrow when it's a musical, I guess." He then listened to Brielle again, telling them about her likeness to Elle from Legally Blonde- which, in some ways, he could see already. "Harvard? Really?" he said, his tone not one of surprise, but rather of interest. "What were you going to study?"

Sebastian returned with his arms full of bags which were all filled with little boxes and containers of food. He came in and set the bags down onto a table and started unpacking the food boxes. "Food!" he called out as he stepped back from the table as to avoid being run over my mobs of people rushing to ward him.

Eli sat down onto a chair in the back room. He had nothing else to really do at the moment since nothing had been arranged or fully decided upon yet. He felt awkward not doing anything and just sitting around. He looked up at a nearby wall clock, it was already after 12. At least his day wa pretty much half over. Eli quite loathed this job most days, he had to put up with doing the crap Boone else wants to do and stuck dealing with drama and a bunch or stuck up and b*tchy girls, sure they got discounts but these shows weren't exactly his cup of tea.

Mei grabbed her food and began to eat ravenously, delighted by the fatty goodness that was, in short, a cheeseburger. She took a few bites of that and her fries, then said, "Oh, I'll take Eli's meal to the back room for you." She got his food, then went to the back room, her burger in her other hand. "Here. Sebastian got the food already." She placed his food on the table, then turned and left as briefly as she had arrived.

Eli looked up, his face blank confused. Why did this girl keep bothering with him? He simply didn't understand it. "Thanks..." He mutted not entirely sure what else to say. He got up silently and picked up the small little boxy thing gently. This girl really flustered him, he never knew what to expect from her. Most people were afraid of him or felt uncomfortable around him they generally avoided him yet she continued to go out of her way to be near him and talk to him and it really confused the hell out of him.

"Law. Then I came to my senses and realized it's not what I wanted to do. Then I ended up here. Such a great turn for the better, yes?" Brielle said. Once the food arrived, Bri skipped over to her order- noodles with butter and garlic with a grilled cheese sandwhich. She opened the box and took a whiff. Bri loved pasta- any kind, really. And just about everyday, it's what she ordered for lunch. She watched Mei take Eli's food to him and raised an eyebrow. Interesting... she thought to herself. Shrugging, she plopped onto the ground and dug into her noodles.

Caden went over to pick up his food order, a chicken teriyaki sandwich, and a small bottle of pear cider. He hopped off the stage with it, and sat in an audience seat towards the back of the theatre, his usual spot, as this was where Joseph had confined the 'lesser' crew members for when they ate their lunch, and he'd forgotten he didn't really have to sit there anymore. He put his feet up on the back of the seat in front of him, placing his box of food in the next seat, and started eating.

"Oh Burlesque!" Sophie had exclaimed at the mention of the show. She knew every word to every song and could hit every note. Sophie had been ecstatic to hear the amazing voices of Meimei and Bri ring through the room. It was inspiring to hear all the ideas and the excitement about the future made her want to sing. She decided to allow herself the pleasure. Sophie walked over to the piano while everyone was eating, she had eaten enough to fill her stomach at the snack table, and flipped through the various books. Her unfortunate childhood had pushed her to music, singing, dancing, acting, and luckily learning to play the piano. Sophie happened upon "Thank You For the Music" from Mamma Mia! A smile played out on her face as she sat at the piano and placed her fingers on the keys.

The song was familiar to play, she had learned it before. Usually she sang Broadway songs and slightly more hardcore songs, like one of her favorites "The Beautiful People" from Burlesque. But as she sang Sophie's voice projected through the room and she felt the world stop around her. It was her song all the words slightly applying to what music had gotten her through and it felt right to be thankful for it. A single tear rolled down her face as she sang the last note and beamed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back