Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love 'em :3 But Im finished with all of them.. and have some twilight stuff (Shoelaces >: D) and Im ready for new moon to come out! : D

No it's not. This is exactly my point.

At first you really love the book but if you actually think about the little things, and move on to other books, it won't seem as amazing.
You took the words out of my mouth. :p I read Twilight back in December when my computer broke down and I happened to be bored out of my mind. That was when I was plagued by a storm of giggling girls throughout the school who'd talked of nothing but "Twilight" and "Edward." Now, at that time I'd never even heard of Twilight even though I'd seen the cover of the book a countless number of times and I made my mind to purchase it straight from Chapters (a chain of bookstores in Canada for those of you who don't know).

I gotta admit...the first time I'd read it, it didn't seem so bad...somewhat enjoyable in fact. But my hopes for Twilight to get even better was tarnished by Stephanie Meyer's writing, that is complete with cliches, unoriginal descriptions and of course the heroine with a downright negative attitude. I actually rolled over the floor laughing at Meyer's or rather "Bella's" descriptions of Edward and her comparisons of him to flawlessness. It got very frustrating to read about all this but hey, I finished it. I didn't want to judge the whole saga based on the first book alone so I read New Moon which was a little bit better. Then came Eclipse which I read up until 3:00 AM. If I had to choose, Eclipse was the worst of Meyer's books, but I never started on Breaking Dawn and probably never will because by the looks of it, Meyer never makes an effort to improve her writing.

If you like the series, then its completely fine with me. I’m not intending to offend anyone with my post. There are some aspects of the novel that might appeal, for example the romance (not for me but for some) and how Meyer describes Bella's feelings and thoughts, at times I felt like I was Bella herself in the story and Meyer succeeded at that. I've got nothing to object if you like it, even if you’re crazy over the saga I wouldn’t mind and if you've never read any of the books and are wondering if its right for you, think of it this way: its great if you want something that isn't going to be the "educational" type and if you want a book to read and relax, Twilight is your book. Also recommended for those into romance but the kind that seems a bit melodramatic or as some people say it "soap opera-ish." If you're looking more for a book with J.K. Rowling-level writing and real literature and if you're disturbed by the idea of vampires playing baseball (it seems that most people have an issue with that) and glittery vampires and most of all, if you're easily irritated by heroines with a very negative attitude, it'd be best to borrow it from a friend or library or not read it at all.

I'm one of those obsessive Twilight freaks. I'm obsessed with vampires; I wish Edward Cullen was real, etc. During lunch this year, the only thing we would ever talk about was vampires and re-enacting the Twilight characters in a Youtube video, Bella being played by an obese orange and Edward an eggplant.
Please don't ask.

I agree with Missbehave though. Bella doesn't act like a normal teen. She hates parties and all she does is do homework and cook for her dad. And I was really, really pi**ed off when she wouldn't let Edward go and fight in Eclipse.

But other than that, I really enjoyed the books. I would definately give them a shot. ;D
i totally agree to everything you just said.

The best book is probably Twilight Or Breaking Dawn. Now if you are under 12 then i wouldn't read breaking dawn cause its discriptive. Very very very discriptive.

New Moon is boring no offense and Eclipse is okay?

I would definatly go for them. I also agree that the writing is huge so.. Im a horriable reader and I read 500+ pages of Breaking Dawn in 2 hours and that book is like 800 pages long but not hard to read. At all.

Go for them definatly! I would recommend it for anyone who wants a good book.

VG101

I like them,

But I hate that Bella is all 'hold me Edward!' 'oops!im dizzy' 'im so prety,love me!'

She just shouts it out.

Twilight was a very good book. :huh: I love how descriptive and exciting it is! But all my friends are like, "Omg, it's SOOO boring!! I fell asleep right after I read the first chapter!!"

I keep telling them, "Yes, it's boring in the beginning, but then it gets better!!", but no way. >.< They're not reading past the first chapter, no matter how many times I tell them what an excellent book Twilight was.

I have to agree, the movie was rubbish compared to the books... :\

My favourite book from the series has to be Breaking Dawn. :huh: Even though it's so unrealistic... it's just that things turned out TOO well for them in the end... everything and everyone was TOO happy.. fairy-tale endings like that don't just happen. Oops, better not give anything away to the people who hasn't read it yet. :angry:

Im sorry but the Twilight series is probably the best book ive ever read i fell in love with the books....but Edward and Jacob are ok. Bella not so much/ she dosent deserve either of them but jacob is my fav...if you want to read the books you like a little bit of comedy, romance, horror.// basically its a thriller

I saw New Moon recently and I liked it buy I didn't adore it. I love the books, but I don't like how they make the main character so boring, but they're a good series. They're just really, really overpopular now.

I don't like the books, neither do I have the patience for them. They go on, and on, and on, and on, and on.

However I am a movie lover, and the movies themselves were quite enjoyable - although I don't think I'll be getting them on DVD :D

The books sucked, the movies sucked.

Though the movies were just slightly better than the books.

I really love the series and enjoy reading them but dont judge it before you read it. Just because some people dont like it doesnt mean you have to dislike it. :huh: If you've read the book then you can comment on it.

I am still too young to read, but ya know- I really DON'T want to.

As someone's siggy said:

Vampires used to be cool.

Until Twilight Came Out.

I love Twilight.

I'm on Breaking Dawn. It'ss taking ages to read because a teacher of mine keeps giving me books for homework.

I think New Moon is a great book. Bella sometimes does get annoying with all the "I'm so ugly" though.

Jacob is my favourite character. Probably because he acts more his age than Bella and Edward. I suppose you can exclude Edward though...

It's a good book, okay movies.

But all the "EDWARD OMGOMG" "Twilight is life" and over-exaggerations are annoying :p

I've read the books and watched the movies. I like it, but I think it's REALLY over rated.

Everyone's like 'OMG TWILIGHT IS THE MOST AMAZING THING THATS EVER BEEN WRITTEN ITS SO GOOD EDWARD CULLEN IS SO HOT' And they like put their last name on Facebook as 'Cullen' ?? :furawatchi: And I see kids in town wearing shirts saying 'I <3 Edward' or 'I <3 Jacob' and there was this girl wearing a shirt saying 'I kissed a vampire and I liked it' I'm like 'Wtf, aren't you like 5??'

People are getting Twilight tattoos?!

Sorry for ranting but seriously :furawatchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back