Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a great book...but to many are killing it.
I agree.

I am reading Breaking Dawn right now. It seems more and more people are hating it, while fangirls are still "OMG EDWARD!!!!111111"

The first book was alright... Honestly I don't think it needed a sequel(sp?).

New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn just were kinda sucky.

And the movie was horrible. x___x;

All of my friends are obsessed with it. D:

Yesterday at my friends sleepover we were making Twilight jokes. x3

THese books are amazing! I love them! The people I know that don't like them, are normally more logical and left brained.

I'm, like, in LUV with twilight! lol Yeah,I like Twilight, but I'm not AS obbsessed as I was in,like, December. But I still Love it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the Twilight series. Not to the extent that I'm obsessed with it like some of my friends seem to be at school.

I agree about the fanbase. I don't like it either. :/

But I love the books! I read the 1st two and they were some of the best books I ever read.

I like the books a lot, but the fan girls kill it.

The movie. Don't get me started. Ugh.

I FINALLY READ THE FIRST BOOK.

Now I can finally give my input about it.

(I've only read the first one. So I don't quite know everything about it yet.)

Personally I liked the book. (Since I love romance)

But if I wasn't such a big romance junkie I think I'd end up hating it.

Firstly the plot is VERY weak. It's pretty much her just talking about how much

she loves Edward...How much he loves her...Blah, blah, blah. Suddenly some vampire wants to

eat her, but they save her and so on.

The grammar is PATHETIC!

I myself may not be that much of a grammar expert...But really. It was kinda pathetic. Even for my standards.

Every page had a "-" in it.

It's not very logical.

I don't quite understand how everyone has all this money to fly from state to state.

Like wtf? And WHO is paying for her medical bill?!

I should have hated the book. I really should have. But it was addicting and the characters were too easy to love.

I personally think you should read it. It's something you'll either love or hate.

I do not hate the book but I'm certainly not a fan.

I really liked the first book but lately I've been hearing a lot of points on why it sucks, and they make a lot of sense. Plus I'm so tired of hearing "EDWARD CULLEN!~1231~!@#@#@#$%" :D

It's an okay book. A lot of people absolutely love them, so you might like it. Why not just give them a try? They're not even that long. The type is just humongous.
To me, the first book was interesting at the beginning. Then, it just got kind of stupid. At the most 'exciting' or cliff-hanging moments, I find that the book turns rather boring. It also moves really quickly and reminds me of a book that a fifth grader would right. One second they are playing baseball, the next they are being attacked are are running around the country. It didn't need to be written so quickly. And, it just seems kind of stupid to have every single guy the main character meets obsess over her.
Okay, I am honestly about to have a rant here but I'm sorry.

On a website that Stephenie wrote, she said that she started in the middle of the book and finished to the end. So then, she had to go back to the beggining because she wanted to complete it. She got the idea of the book in a "dream" and started writing it for her own entertainment and for her family. So her sister told her to go publish it. She thought it wasn't that good of an idea but went for it. The editor took out some bits so, that's probably why.

Think it through. Once you know the story behind the book, you understand it. It is a great book.

Okay, I am honestly about to have a rant here but I'm sorry.
On a website that Stephenie wrote, she said that she started in the middle of the book and finished to the end. So then, she had to go back to the beggining because she wanted to complete it. She got the idea of the book in a "dream" and started writing it for her own entertainment and for her family. So her sister told her to go publish it. She thought it wasn't that good of an idea but went for it. The editor took out some bits so, that's probably why.

Think it through. Once you know the story behind the book, you understand it. It is a great book.
No it's not. This is exactly my point.

At first you really love the book but if you actually think about the little things, and move on to other books, it won't seem as amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back