Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the first movie, but the second one was.... D: I only got to read 3 pages of the first book, I didn't get to read the others. But my opinion is that tis an okayy moviee. =3

EDIT- Ahaha, there's a Twilight AD on the sidee. xP

Last edited by a moderator:
It's alright.But, In my opinion, Bella is stupid.She doesn't make good decisions :| .

The book is alright.I guess that Alice is a pretty cool character though :) .

The books are almost better than the movies.

The books are annoyingly cliche, but I do like them.

I just found them so easy to fall in love with and get addicted to.

I read the entire series in a week.

Right, I'm going to have to rant about why I do not like Twilight.

Bella is a whiny, clingy Mary-Sue, her only intentional "flaw" being clumsiness, which makes everyone like her more because it's "cute" She cannot go two seconds without Edward, and immediatly sinks into depression when he isn't there to manipulate her or watch her sleep. Everyone at her school loves her instantaniously, and people even cry when she almost gets hit by the van, even though she walks away without injury. When she tried to commit suicide, that was completely over the top. She is a completly two dimensional character, she doesn't have a personality, a device Stephanie Meyer probably did to allow her readers to put themselves in the place of Bella, and connect with her. In my opinion, she failed at it, and it just makes Bella a boring and annoying character in general.

Edward, on the other hand, is controlling, manipulative, and his character, in my opinion, teaches the pre-teen and teenage readers that abusive relationships are okay. He takes the engine out of her car and yet manages to get her back. I find him watching Bella sleep stalker-like, and Meyer tries, and fails, to justify it. He said that he was worried about her. The most he should have done was maybe stay outside her house, he certainly shouldn't have sat in the corner of her room and watched her. There's a line between being caring, and being a stalker, and he crossed it. If I was Bella, I would have filed for a restraining order, but no. She "loves" him too much, and thinks the feeling's mutual.

There are lots of plot holes in the books, and that distracted me from the storyline too often.

For example, when the Volturi suspect that Renesmee is an Immortal Child: How long did they take to Forks? Making an Immortal Child was meant to be the worst thing you could possiby do, so why did they take months to get there? It conventiently gave the Cullens time to raise an army, train their troops, prove that Renesmee wasn't an Immortal Child...What were they doing? And, when they left...wouldn't Italy notice that 50 odd people just suddenly left? Wouldn't that cause some suspicion?

Also, why do they have to cover up them sparkling? No one's going to automatically connect sparkling to vampirism, so why bother? Just pretend it's some crazy body glitter or something.

I do not understand any of the imprinting/reproduction of the supernaturas, either. It is too diverse for me to exxplain, but Meyer was saying one thing, then contradicting herself, then again, then again.

I've now got bored of ranting, so I'll end it here, I'll pick it up again later, maybe?

Oh, one more thing: You know the two towns are Phoenix and Forks? In Harry Potter, Dumbledore has a PHOENIX called FAWKES.

Bella is a whiny, clingy Mary-Sue, her only intentional "flaw" being clumsiness, which makes everyone like her more because it's "cute" She cannot go two seconds without Edward, and immediatly sinks into depression when he isn't there to manipulate her or watch her sleep. Everyone at her school loves her instantaniously, and people even cry when she almost gets hit by the van, even though she walks away without injury. When she tried to commit suicide, that was completely over the top. She is a completly two dimensional character, she doesn't have a personality, a device Stephanie Meyer probably did to allow her readers to put themselves in the place of Bella, and connect with her. In my opinion, she failed at it, and it just makes Bella a boring and annoying character in general.
Edward, on the other hand, is controlling, manipulative, and his character, in my opinion, teaches the pre-teen and teenage readers that abusive relationships are okay. He takes the engine out of her car and yet manages to get her back. I find him watching Bella sleep stalker-like, and Meyer tries, and fails, to justify it. He said that he was worried about her. The most he should have done was maybe stay outside her house, he certainly shouldn't have sat in the corner of her room and watched her. There's a line between being caring, and being a stalker, and he crossed it. If I was Bella, I would have filed for a restraining order, but no. She "loves" him too much, and thinks the feeling's mutual.
I agree with all of this so much. I think of Bella and Edward the exact same way.

The thing is, I really like Twilight. Wow, I guess that's kind of strange.

Also, why do they have to cover up them sparkling? No one's going to automatically connect sparkling to vampirism, so why bother? Just pretend it's some crazy body glitter or something.
Lol, I can agree with that, although a lot of your points, I don't particularly. I don't see Bella as a Mary-Sue at all, because she's incredibly average and only gained popularity due to the "new kid" effect. She did make Edward out to be far too creepy though. Oh, and Bella never tried to commit suicide lol.

You seem to forget that they can run a football field length in under two seconds and can lift trucks with one finger.

All it would take is three sparklepires to take over Earth.

In my opinion, she failed at it, and it just makes Bella a boring and annoying character in general.
I agree..

Bella is annoying in such a bland way, I think.

The book was kinda boring, even though I liked it overall. It's hard for me to get into romance stuff... but I didn't mind the book. Don't get me started on the movie..... :0

I do like Twilight. Quite alot. But I'm not an obsessed fan.

I know some people who talk about it 24/7. For example, a couple of months ago this girl asked me what I was listening to. I said "Vanilla Twilight by Owl City" Her reply? "OMMGG, TWILIGHT. I LOVE OWL CITY, THEY HAVE THE BEST SONG NAMES!"

Yeah.

Right, I'm going to have to rant about why I do not like Twilight.

There are lots of plot holes in the books, and that distracted me from the storyline too often.

For example, when the Volturi suspect that Renesmee is an Immortal Child: How long did they take to Forks? Making an Immortal Child was meant to be the worst thing you could possiby do, so why did they take months to get there? It conventiently gave the Cullens time to raise an army, train their troops, prove that Renesmee wasn't an Immortal Child...What were they doing? And, when they left...wouldn't Italy notice that 50 odd people just suddenly left? Wouldn't that cause some suspicion?

I do not understand any of the imprinting/reproduction of the supernaturas, either. It is too diverse for me to exxplain, but Meyer was saying one thing, then contradicting herself, then again, then again.

I've now got bored of ranting, so I'll end it here, I'll pick it up again later, maybe?

Oh, one more thing: You know the two towns are Phoenix and Forks? In Harry Potter, Dumbledore has a PHOENIX called FAWKES.
I love you

Yeah, Twilight = Crap, :)

The books for the most part are not totally bad. Sure the plot is thin, the characters are poorly drawn out, and all's Bella and Edward do are complain about how Bella wants to be a vampire but Edward thinks he'll destroy her soul, not to mention the fact that she just ramble's about him being beautiful, and her so ugly, then the vampires sparkle and are emo for the most part. Other than those things, the books are good [:

Twilight, New Moon, Ecilpse And Breaking Dawn Are the best books iv ever seen ! once you start reading one you cant put it down ! there amazing ! i recomend you buy all of them lol ! :p

I like Twilight, and that's awkward because none of my friends do. x]

I actually really like them, but I'm not obsessive, "OhmygoshtwilightedwardbemybfIloveyou!!!1" No. Lolno. I love the books, but the movies are kind of crap. :) But I have to say, New Moon was better than the first one ; -notafanofcatherinehardwicke-

The fanbase is really terrible. xDD And some of the plot holes annoy me greatly. But yeah, I like Twilight. Emmett > Edward, imo. ;]

New Moon and Breaking Dawn are my favourites. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back