Twlight VS Harry Potter

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely Twilight.

Twilight is a bit more realistic (even though it is fiction), but Harry Potter has unicorns and people that can hang people upside down without a rope or using their hands (exception of wands). I'm getting tired of Harry Potter as well.

Now, if the Cullens and Harry battled, I'd say the Cullens would win. x3 GO EDWARD, EMMETT, CARLISLE, AND CO! xD

I don't really like either, but Harry Potter by far. It's very well-written while Twilight just, well, isn't. And am I the only one who's noticed that Edward matches nearly all of the descriptions of an abusive boyfriend?
XD

I noticed that too.

And yet, everyone seems to love him.

Definitely Twilight.
Twilight is a bit more realistic (even though it is fiction), but Harry Potter has unicorns and people that can hang people upside down without a rope or using their hands (exception of wands). I'm getting tired of Harry Potter as well.

Now, if the Cullens and Harry battled, I'd say the Cullens would win. x3 GO EDWARD, EMMETT, CARLISLE, AND CO! xD
Mhm, Vegetarian Vampires are VERY realistic too.

It's like,"I'M IN LOVE WITH AN ABUSIVE VAMPIRE!!!!!! 8D"
Yeah.

"He's constantly putting me in danger, and nearly getting me killed, but it's all for my well being. I'd die without him!"

' date='December 19, 2008 07:04 pm'] Yeah."He's constantly putting me in danger, and nearly getting me killed, but it's all for my well being. I'd die without him!"
-nodnod-

She's such a da, honestly.

"Edward's been putting me in danger through this whole dang series, &&I've almost died several times, but Edward loves me!"

Bella makes me want to puke.

-nodnod-She's such a da, honestly.

"Edward's been putting me in danger through this whole dang series, &&I've almost died several times, but Edward loves me!"

Bella makes me want to puke.
Agreed.

-Hands Stereo a cookie-

You give hugs, I give cookies. That's how I roll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.

I've read all of the Harry Potter books at least twice. I love them

JK is the original epic writer.

I've never really liked supernatrual themed books/movies but Harry Potter has captured me.

Ages ago I said i'd never read twilight and already thought it sucked then people got all mad and told me to read it before I judge it.

I read it! I got terribly bored early and eventually finished it. Its a start I guess but is still literiture garbage.

I'm seeing the movie after christmas and will make my final verdict after that [i'm only seeing it cos Jacob Black is friggin gorgeous!]

Neither.

Here's my opinion.

Twilight is a book that's complete and utter rubbish. It's not interesting at all, and the only reason it's popular is that it's surrounded by screaming fangirls going "omg hottie", especially with the movie coming up. It's so boring it basically makes you wanna fall asleep. It's so horribly badly written you just wanna chuck it in the bin. Besides, it's got bestiality in it, since humans love vampires. I'm not trying to be rude, but simply, that's disgusting! The whole concept of Twilight is crap. The book has no good parts whatsoever. As well as that, the writers encourage fanfic, which I detest (please don't bother me for that comment, it's just my opinion.)

Harry Potter WAS good. The first trilogy of books seemed alright, after that, it quickly turned into basically what Twilight is. Boring, romantic rubbish. The ending of the last book was horrible. "Everyone except the main guys dies and voldermort dies and harry marries ginny and ron marries hermione. The End." That was what it was. The whole concept of the books was being cool, not dreadfully boring, wasting whole chapters on Ginny snogging harry.

I gotta say Harry Potter in the end, since it had an okay beginning, but looking at the end of the series, both are as bad as each other.

Definitely Twilight.

I'd say Harry would.

Avada Kedavra.

But.. the thing that I think is funny.. is that Harry Potter.. in a way.. is more "real" than Twilight.

I mean, Harry Potter.. J.K.'s got it striaght, y'know? Wizards have wands with which they can do magic, they can turn into animals, ect.

Stephanie.. her vampires.. no offence, are a little screwed up. They sparkle in sunlight, not burn. They don't turn into bats. They aren't repelled by garlic. They don't die when a stake is stuck through their heart. They don't have fangs. They're vegetarians.

No offence to the fangirls. At least, it wasn't meant to be one. But you can take it as one, if you'd like.

Twilight.

It seems more realistic, how love makes you blind in a way, putting you in dangerous situations. I like how Meyer did her own idea for the vampires, changing the whole myths and such. It was creative.

Besides, I can't really get into the whole "witches and wizards and magic, oh my!" 8D Just..no o.e;

I don't actually know why the Cullens are classed as "vegetarians" when they suck animal's blood. Seriously, just because they suck animals blood instead of human's blood doesn't make them good, the whole point of being vegetarian is NOT eating animals (or drinking their blood, obviously). It's not good to let an innocent animal die a slow, painful death (it says in the book that the death's slow and painful) rather than a human. Animals and humans are both equal and humans are the ones who cause the most damage so if Stephanie really wanted them to be good she could have made them drink the blood of BAD people rather than INNOCENT animals. Animals have enough problems without glittering vampires running after them with super speed.

I know it isn't real but as a vegetarian person (NOT vampire) that's about half the reason of why I hate the books. Call me a freak if you like, I don't care.

EDIT: Also, it's a good thing that Stephanie made up her own vampires but the thing about good old Dracula ones is that some of the things link together (like being a corpse so they sleep in coffins, turning into bats and grilling in the sun because real bats don't like the sun much). Stephani Meyer's vampires just don't link together because it mentions several times that the vampires are like rocks or marble ("Edwards beautiful marble chest" -.-) but it also says that Alice landed weightlessly on her feet when an oversized rock would thump and it also says that vampires are very good at swimming but if a rock went swimming wouldn't it sink like, well, a rock?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back