Vegetarians...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
* Removed - this forum is for any mature and sensible discussions - no exceptions, no excuses. Please do not post insults on any of the TamaTalk forums *
*off topic: removed*

okay, back on topic, i tried to vegetarian once..

i couldn't do it. i had to have beef jerky

Last edited by a moderator:
NO!! I dont think people should become vegans or vegitarains for reasons like:

1: I need to lose weight.

(no offense, people how are vegans or veg., Maybe you did it because you had to, or some other reason. I respect it.)

Some times, those people don't get enough nourishment that the meat-eaters get, but, people are free to do what they want to.

=)
[SIZE=12pt]Is that supposed to mean that people who go vegetarian and vegan do it for weight problems? Truthfully, I don't think it would make a big difference in your weight, depending on how healthy you do it, you shouldn't lose weight. Maybe people eat salads to lose weight, but being vegetarian doesn't mean you always eat salad or something -.- [/SIZE]

I eat fish and peanut butter, anything without meat, which is a lot ;]

Cant live without meat

I have it like every day (almost)

I feel bad sometimes

But I would probably die from meat withdrawl

I do love animals though. I love them to death.

What's with this presumed idea that all vegans/vegetarians suffer from protein deprivation?? This is one of the doubts I had about becoming vegetarian (which I currently am), and I've discovered several ways to get my daily amount of protein in without consuming meat.

My main method is taking a daily dietary supplement after breakfast, which has a good amount of protein in it. The rest I get from certain cereals, nutrition bars, and tofu (yum.)

And trust me, were not all twigs when it comes to body mass.

I've been a vegetarian since I was 6. I chose to do it myself. My mum reckoned it would only last 2 weeks... Wrong! She's happy to buy some vegetarian foods for me. I used to eat fish too. I didn't eat fish when I started, but mum practically begged me! So I did (after all, I was only six). But I convinced mum a few years later that I didn't have to eat fish... So I don't! When I started, my Grandmother was worried about me and said I was gonna die! x_x (Yea, not a very good start) But I carried on... And guess what? I'm not dead! =D =D =D =D =D (Yay!) (P.S. Yes, I like tofu! I get asked that at school pretty much every day!)

What's with this presumed idea that all vegans/vegetarians suffer from protein deprivation?? This is one of the doubts I had about becoming vegetarian (which I currently am), and I've discovered several ways to get my daily amount of protein in without consuming meat.My main method is taking a daily dietary supplement after breakfast, which has a good amount of protein in it. The rest I get from certain cereals, nutrition bars, and tofu (yum.)

And trust me, were not all twigs when it comes to body mass.
I tried tofu once... I'm sorry, it was the most disqusting thing I've ever had in my life. :D

I eat peanutbutter on my bagels nearly ever day, so that helps the protein. I also eat eggs, yogurt, & milk. (I'll eat animal products. You're not killing a cow if you're just milking it.) Protein bars are yum.

I tried tofu once... I'm sorry, it was the most disqusting thing I've ever had in my life. :)
I eat peanutbutter on my bagels nearly ever day, so that helps the protein. I also eat eggs, yogurt, & milk. (I'll eat animal products. You're not killing a cow if you're just milking it.) Protein bars are yum.
Haha! It really depends on how you prepare the tofu, and whether or not you add spices 'n stuff. I prefer sautee-ing xP

And since I'm not vegan, I eat dairy products, too. I guess I forgot to mention them >.< Those have protein in them, too.

Haha!  It really depends on how you prepare the tofu, and whether or not you add spices 'n stuff.  I prefer sautee-ing xPAnd since I'm not vegan, I eat dairy products, too.  I guess I forgot to mention them >.< Those have protein in them, too.
Back in 5th grade we were doing a nutrition unit, and somebody brought in little cubes of tofu. They were all white. I swear, like half the class immediatley ran to the bathroom. :p

That may be why. I'm assuming those were plain?

Back in 5th grade we were doing a nutrition unit, and somebody brought in little cubes of tofu. They were all white. I swear, like half the class immediatley ran to the bathroom. :p That may be why. I'm assuming those were plain?
Wow o_O that must have been gross

did they even cook it?! xD No wonder you have such a bad impression of tofu!!

Give it another chance >.<

I can't live without meat. But I love animals.

I tried to be vegeterian. But when dinner came around, i think we had, like steak, and I gave in.

I'm a omnivore, of course.

No-one criticizes the hawk who preys on mice. Little Edgar the mouse doesn't particularly get the least painful slaughter, you know.

Wow o_O that must have been grossdid they even cook it?! xD No wonder you have such a bad impression of tofu!!

Give it another chance >.<
M'kay. I shall. Thank you. :D

@ Chatterbox~Does that mean... you're Jewish? I've heard that somewhere before. It had something to do with Kosher... xP I don't remember. Could you clear this up for me? Thanks. ;)

M'kay. I shall. Thank you. :D
@ Chatterbox~Does that mean... you're Jewish? I've heard that somewhere before. It had something to do with Kosher... xP I don't remember. Could you clear this up for me? Thanks. :p
:D I'm Muslim. When you're Muslim, you can't eat pork or drink alcohol.

It can be irritating sometimes though, because a lot of foods have pork in them, and you don't even know it! Like gummy bears, Jell-o, and marshmallows! No joke. They have pig fat in them. O_O

I tried to be vegetarian for a while, but it didn't work. ;) ;

Love,

CB

:D I'm Muslim. When you're Muslim, you can't eat pork or drink alcohol.  

It can be irritating sometimes though, because a lot of foods have pork in them, and you don't even know it! Like gummy bears, Jell-o, and marshmallows! No joke. They have pig fat in them. O_O

I tried to be vegetarian for a while, but it didn't work. ;) ;

Love,

CB
They do? Oo;; That must be a pain sometimes.

I do love my Jello. I was actually thinking about making some this afternoon.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. :p

No way! I can't live without meh meat. ;) I respect the people who are vegetarians, though. I've tried not eating meat for a day... didn't work. :D I luff meat!

Unfortunately, meat is not the only edible substance containing protein. I enjoy eating eggs; I enjoy eating tofu; I don't particularly enjoy eating meat.
Yeah, there's eggs, cheese, beans, lentils, tofu, quorn, mushrooms and a lot more stuff packed with protein.

And have you heard about sausages? They're made of the pig's nose, ears and tail! All the proper bits have already been turned into bacon.

And Gl,elatin's just as bad. It contains pig, so it's unsuitable for muslims, and also contains bull/cow, so Hindus can't eat it either.

Guess how they make it? They kill the Pigs and Cows in horrific ways and then crush the animal bones into a powder and then boil the powder with water and sugar to make your beloved gelatin! And what's more, the animal bones are the leftovers of animals that's other body parts have been turned into pork, beef and ham.

And I know some of you thing being a vegetarian isn't good when you are young. In fact, it is good as research has found vegetarian people live longer and are healthier.

Humans were originally apes that fed on leaves and fruit. They just grew more powerful as they grew intelligent and began to find prey. In theory, our teeth are best suited for a vegetarian diet, as we have weaker canines than other omnivores such as rats that also have vegetarian ancestors (such as mice.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back