Walmart

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking: how can Tamagotchi's (North) American release date be a Sunday? (The 15th's Sunday, right?) Isn't everything closed on Sunday?

usually mall stores are open on a sunday, at least in canada. some stores aren't open, but the larger department stores (walmart and even toys r us) will probably be open. check their opening and closing times.

Nothing's open here in Nova Scotia on Sunday. Well, drug stores and stores under a certain square footage... not even grocery stores. Yeah. Point is, everybody in Nova Scotia who's waiting for Tamagotchi Connection (that means, like, me and that other guy) won't be able to get them on the 15th unless we leave the province.

I forget that normal places of business operate 7 days a week in stupid normal places...

I've been thinking:  how can Tamagotchi's (North) American release date be a Sunday?  (The 15th's Sunday, right?)  Isn't everything closed on Sunday?
Here in the states, most everything is open on Sunday but close early (usually around 5 or 6 pm). The only places that are closed on Sunday are privately owned shops and Chick-fil-A (though that may vary from state to state). All other franchised businesses, malls, restaurants, etc. are open.

Here in the states, most everything is open on Sunday but close early (usually around 5 or 6 pm). The only places that are closed on Sunday are privately owned shops and Chick-fil-A (though that may vary from state to state). All other franchised businesses, malls, restaurants, etc. are open.
We're somewhat opposite here in Nova Scotia. Restaurants are open, some smaller businesses and bookstores, but not malls, large stores, or malls. [SIZE=8pt](I like the part where I mention malls twice, makes me look smart, like I really want you guys to know malls are closed. So, I'm not editing that because it's funny.)[/SIZE] We're so redneck...

Yeah, so, I guess I'm not getting a Tamagotchi Connection until the 16th on the Monday. Yearrrg I bet I'll work all day long and not be able to run out and get one, too...

yea, i just got mine at walmart! drove 45 minutes and got scared at first that they might not have it... it was cleverly hidden... then i had to drive 45 minutes back before i could open it... yes, i was above the speed limit...

I called and visited my local Wal-Mart; nothing there. Am promptly going crazy.

God I hate NC! Today I was at the mall and went to KB Toys to see if they happened to be selling them yet. I asked, and they said they had never heard of tama connection (though they said if it's coming, they'll definitely have it before Christmas... oh boy! :) ). Then I drove to Toys R' Us and wandered around the store, then finally asked if they'd be selling them soon. The girl said that she hasn't seen them yet, so they probably won't have them any time soon (basically, every place I went to doesn't know what I'm talking about, and to make things better, I got myself lost on the way home from the store... I ended up 30 minutes north of my house and had no clue how to get back LOL what a great day!). How come you guys got so lucky?! *is jealous*

Yay, apathetic Wal-Mart employees! I went to one yesterday after reading this thread, and tah-dah! I guess I hadn't really appreciated that the US wasn't getting a blue one, though... Green is good enough, I guess. I've been to two other Wal-Marts in the Columbus, OH area since then, though, and I guess the stockers there are a little more attentive because neither of those had them. (I collect Transformers, so I spend a lot of time in Wal-Mart.) One of those was a really new one, and the other one is pretty nice. The one that had them out is kinda trashy and they're in the middle of remodelling, anyway, so they probably had other things to worry about. So, um, if you're in the Columbus, OH area, try the Hilliard Wal-Mart.

Wow you people who found the tamagotchis in Walmart are lucky. My boyfriend works at Walmart- so I asked him to keep an eye out for me. He did more than that. He asked the manager of the toy department if they were in. She said "no". He asked her when she would have them- and you know what she said? She said that she's not ordering them PERIOD. So, anyone's who's wondering, the Walmart on Route 22 in NJ, will not have tamagotchis any time soon. :) Those of you who did find them at Walmart-- did you go to a SuperStore? I know that we don't have any SuperStore's in NJ... maybe that's it??? I don't know... lol.

^ sucky for the people that want to get a tama there.

i check out a tru and they said that they'd be on the shelves on the 15th and no sooner because they're following the release date. (it's a canadian tru, btw). none of the walmarts i checked have them in yet.

The Wal-Mart I found mine at is in the process of being rebuilt into a SuperCenter, but it's not really one yet. The two stores I definitely didn't see them at were both SuperCenters. That probably doesn't help at all. :lol:

^ sucky for the people that want to get a tama there.
i check out a tru and they said that they'd be on the shelves on the 15th and no sooner because they're following the release date. (it's a canadian tru, btw). none of the walmarts i checked have them in yet.
Call me retarded, but I'm Canadian and I have no idea what "tru" is.

:lol: I got 3 connections at the Walmart in Claremont, NH. I also saw them at Kmart. Apparently Wal Mart and Kmart are selling them :eek:

i wasn't even going to look until sunday, and then i read this thread and my best friend and i went out at MIDNIGHT to walmart. the first one we went to only had one left, so we went to two more walmarts in virginia beach, and NONE of the employees at any of three knew anything about them. we ended up finding them stashed non-descriptly behind the hit clips. so seriously, even if walmart says they don't have them, look REALLY HARD

OK... Two Holy Crap!s here... First is how much TamaTalk has changed and grown since I last visited... WOW! Second Holy Crap! is for people finding the Tamagotchi Connections before Sunday... *Clicks 'Add Reply' and runs to nearest WalMart*

i got 2 tama connections at my local wal-mart in detroit, michigan

i asked if they had any they said they didnt but i checked at the end of a barbie aisle and there they were hanging on the shelf i bought a green and orange :lol: im so lucky :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back