Were you a 90's kid?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, does anyone remember that mickey mouse show where they used to play all those cartoons? It was on disney channel..
MICKEY MOUSE HOUSE!!!! I remember that. I also remember rugrats. and powerpuff girls. I miss the good old days. I was born in 1996, but i definitely remember the good shows.

you guys are going to make me cry. :'c i was born in '94. I remember all these shows like ren and stimpy and stuff. my mom hated lot's of them. xD

you guys are going to make me cry. :'c i was born in '94. I remember all these shows like ren and stimpy and stuff. my mom hated lot's of them. xD
My mom HATED Ren and Stimpy lol. My dad encouraged me watching it. He thought it was funny XD I have to agree with him in some ways.

I was born in 1994.

I remember all those shows. Rugrats, Doug, Hey Arnold, The Magic School Bus (but I'm not quite sure when it was made, I just remember watching it a lot when I was little)

What about Arthur? I'm also not quite sure about that one...

I was born '96. :D

Gotta love the 20th Century. :wub:

EDIT: I read spiffys post

OMG! I still watch 'Fresh Price of Bel Air'

Last edited by a moderator:
I was born in 1994.I remember all those shows. Rugrats, Doug, Hey Arnold, The Magic School Bus (but I'm not quite sure when it was made, I just remember watching it a lot when I was little)

What about Arthur? I'm also not quite sure about that one...
Arthur was DEFINATELY 90's. They started making it in 1995 and it came out in 1996. I love Arthur... in fact I'm watching it right now! xP

Omg I used to watch Rugrats when I was a rugrat myself! xD. Those are the good old days. Thank god for Recording or else I wouldnt still be watching Rugrat now! I have Rugrats in Paris and Rugrats go Wild! I want their other movies, Vacation which is when the babies go to Las vegas and meet Sigfreid and Roy (The famous Tiger Magicians:Note: I used to be obsessed with Sigfreid and Roy) =) and Their other movie was when Dil was just barely born. I loved Hey Arnold. That show was funny and very weird.....Lol. I only saw two episodes of Kenan and Kel. But it was soo funny. I watch Tom and Jerry in the mornings whenever its on. I watched that show 24/7 when I was little. My freind had their dvd and we would watch it a lot 0_o. And All That was hilarious. I cant believe Jamie and Britney Spears used to be on that show!! Times have changed. Doug was a cool show. I didn't like it too much. And I watch Magic School Bus in the monrings whenever its on. I'm still addicted. xD. Thank you for reading this very long post.

EDIT: Oops one more thing. Fresh Prince Rules!! And so does George Lopez (If it was made in the 90's) and Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and What I like about you! ( If it was made in the 90's) OH and Sister Sister!!! Oh Oh andddd FULL HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!! He he. Ok you get it. I like a lot of shows. I watch too much t.v. 0_o. You know I wish I was born on like 1993 or something. Then I could have experienced the 90's better. I was just a baby in 96 and I don't remember anything :D *Sniff* I wish we could travel back in time and just stay in the 90's forever!!! Such good times!!

You're not really a 90's kid if you were born in '96 guys. Because you would only be 3 at the oldest living during the 90's. Well, I don't really know what you consider 90's kids. I don't think I was a 90's kid.

You're not really a 90's kid if you were born in '96 guys. Because you would only be 3 at the oldest living during the 90's. Well, I don't really know what you consider 90's kids. I don't think I was a 90's kid.
You're really not if you were born in '96. You can't remember anything from 1996 or 1997. And maybe you can remember some things from 1998 and 1999 but if you were born in 1994 or before, you'd remember more about the shows and toys and things they had. I was 6 when the 90's were over.

Wow I miss the '90's. '90's and '80s were the best decade ever. I know alot about the '80's. I wish I was alive then. I wasn't even thought of then. In fact, I was an accident.

Normally, you dont start remembering things until your about 4 or 5, so unless you have a super memory or something, then you arent a 90's kid unless you were born in 95 or before, and then technically you still arent a 90's kid because you only remember the last year or so of it, and it doesnt count unless you can remember and ENJOY the majority of the 90's not just the last few years lol.

Thats how all the people I have talked to see it anyways, as well as myself.

Arthur was DEFINATELY 90's. They started making it in 1995 and it came out in 1996. I love Arthur... in fact I'm watching it right now! xP
That is like.. my all time favorite show! xDD

Normally, you dont start remembering things until your about 4 or 5, so unless you have a super memory or something, then you arent a 90's kid unless you were born in 95 or before, and then technically you still arent a 90's kid because you only remember the last year or so of it, and it doesnt count unless you can remember and ENJOY the majority of the 90's not just the last few years lol.
Thats how all the people I have talked to see it anyways, as well as myself.
I have that super memory. And no I'm not kidding. I remember little events that happened when I was 1, 2 and 3 years old. And that includes watching those awesome TV shows. I especially remember 1997 like it was yesterday. It was the year I went to Pre-K and I remember ALOT of it. I also remember things in 1994, 1995, and 1996, including watching old shows and playing with old toys and little events that happened.

In fact, I remember this one little event. It was in either 1995 or 1994. My Dad, Mom, and brother were in the room watching this movie (forgot the name but I remember it) and my dad called me and I was in my room under my barney blanket and I remember getting up and running to the living room and watching the movie.

And this happened in 1994. I just remember this event crawling on the floor. The floor was yellow tile-ish things and my brother was wearing shoes (I even remember what shoes he was wearing, he was wearing chucks) and I just heard him and my dad talking. Then I stood up and our dalmation, Jasper, knocked me down and I started crying because I fell down hard on my butt.

Yes!I loved it they had some great shows but it was cooler because they always had 80's shows reruns!I hate all the new cartoons from about 2005 onwards all crappy and overly hyped up so each channel only plays a few of the 'popular' shows all the time T_T.

I MISS MY CHILDHOOD!*sniff*(even though Im still technically a child at 13 but it all changes at secondary school)

I was born in 1998. However, they still show Kenan & Kel and the Amanda Show in some countries, like Dominican Republic. I watch those shows there until, like, 3 AM, maybe?

I'm just wondering because I started watching videos on youtube of old cartoons like Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, and Rugrats. And also real shows like Clarissa explains it All, Kenan & Kel, and All That.
Plus you would have had to be born in 1994 or before to probably remember alot of 90's stuff.

I'm j/w... I know I am I was born in 1993 and I miss all the good old shows from the old Toon Disney and the old Disney Channel and the old Cartoonnetwork and the old Nickelodean.
Ah yes, the good old days.

I was born in '94.

Rugrats was my favorite show. I swear I've seen every ep.

The Wild Thornberry's, Hey Arnold, All That, The Amanda Show, Kenan & Kel, Arthur, Doug... all of it.

There was a bulletin on Myspace about this I reposted a few times.

-offtotry&&findit-

Ahh,, here it is. :furawatchi:

Just because you were born in '97 doesn't mean you're a 90's kid.
It's not like you could remember the original Simpsons. I am sorry but three conscious years of the nineties just wont cut it.

You're a 90's kid if:

You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE!"

You just cant resist finishing this... "In west Philladelphia born and raised..."

You remember TGIF on ABC and wouldnt miss it.

"Miss Susie had a steam boat, the steam boat had a bell..Miss Suzie went to heaven the steamboat went to hello- operator please give me number 9 and if you disnconnect me I'll kick you from behind the fridgerator, there was a piece of glass, Miss Suzie sat upon it and broke her little- ask me no more questions, please tell me no more lies the boys are in the bathroom zipping up their flies, are in the cornfield the bees are in their hives .......................... Miss Suzie and her boyfriend are kissing in the D-A-R-K- D-A-R-K D-A-R-K dark dark dark"

You remember when Kurt Cobain, 2Pac, River Phoenix, and Selena died.

You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey from "Blossom" and that "How Rude!" comes from Stephanie from "Full House."

You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.

You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

You begged for some GAK, and when you got that they came out with scented GAK, and when you got that they came out with funny scented GAK.....

You remember reading "Goosebumps."

You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.

You danced to "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls, Females: had a new motto, Males: got a whole lot gay-er. (so tell me what you want, what you really really want.)

You remember the craze, then the banning of slap bracelets and slam books.

You still get the urge to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence...Not...

You used to listening to the radio all day long just to record "Your FAVORITE song of ALL time."

"Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?" was both a game and a TV game show.

Captain Planet.

You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the green Ranger were meant to be together. (this was meant for young 80s children)

When playing power rangers with friends you fought over who got to be who............and still all ended up being Tommy or Kimberly.

You remember when Super Nintendo's became popular.

You always wanted to send in a tape to America's Funniest Home Videos... but never taped anything funny.

You remember watching home alone 1, 2 , and 3........and tried to pull the pranks on "intruders."

"I've fallen and I can't get up" -- Help is on the way Mrs. Fletcher

You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.

Two words... Trapper Keeper.

You wore socks over leggings scrunched down

"Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack, all dressed in black, black, black, with silver buttons, buttons, buttons, all down her back, back, back" SHE ASKED HER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER FOR FIFTY CENTS CENTS CENTS TO SEE THE ELEPHANTS PHANTS PHANTS JUMP OVER THE FENCE THE FENCE THE FENCE

he jumped so high high high he touched the sky sky sky and he didnt come back back back til the forth of july ly ly he jumped so low ow ow he stubbed his toe toe toe and thats the end end end of the elephants show show show."

You remember boom boxes vs. cd players.

Writing M.A.S.H. notes.

You remember New Kids on The Block when they were cool.

You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell."

You played and/or collected "Pogs."

You had at least one Tamagotchi, GigaPet or Nano and brought it everywhere.

You watched the original Care Bears, My Little Pony, and Ninja Turtles.

Yikes pencils and erasers were the stuff!

All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank" brand (pencils.notebooks.binders.etc.)

You remember when the new Beanie Babies and talking Elmo were always sold out.

You used to wear those stick on earings, not only on your ears, but at the corners of your eyes.

You remember a time before the WB.

You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"

You know the Macarena by heart.

"Talk to the hand" ... enough said

You always said, "Then why don't you marry it!"

When we were younger:

Before the MySpace frenzy...

Before the Internet & text messaging...

Before Sidekicks & iPods...

Before MIKE JONES...

Before PlayStation2 or X-BOX...

...Back when you put off the 5 hours of homework you had every night.

When light up sneakers were cool.

When you rented VHS tapes, not DVDs.

When gas was $0.95 a gallon & Caller ID was a new thing.

When we didn't have to dial area codes for local numbers.

When we recorded stuff on VCRs & paid $3.50 for a movie.

When we called the radio station to request songs to hear off our walkmans.

When 2Pac and Biggie where alive.

When the Chicago Bulls were the best team ever.

Way back.

Before we realized all this would eventually disappear

Who would have thought you'd miss the 90's so much!!!!!
Some of the stuff was from the 80's, but that bulletin brought back some great memories when I read it. :wacko:

I wore stick-on earings and a slap braclett to school everday.

Had Lisa Frank stickers all over everything.

&& I had light up sneakers.

I always said, "Then why don't you marry it~!!"

&& practically everything else in that bulletin.

I do miss the 90's. I was about 6 & 1/2 when it was over.

Ah yes, the good old days.I was born in '94.

Rugrats was my favorite show. I swear I've seen every ep.

The Wild Thornberry's, Hey Arnold, All That, The Amanda Show, Kenan & Kel, Arthur, Doug... all of it.

There was a bulletin on Myspace about this I reposted a few times.

-offtotry&&findit-

Ahh,, here it is.  :furawatchi:

Some of the stuff was from the 80's, but that bulletin brought back some great memories when I read it.  :wacko:

I wore stick-on earings and a slap braclett to school everday.

Had Lisa Frank stickers all over everything.

&& I had light up sneakers.

I always said, "Then why don't you marry it~!!"

&& practically everything else in that bulletin.

I do miss the 90's. I was about 6 & 1/2 when it was over.
I remember that bulliten. And at the top, its true. Just because you were born in '97 doesn't mean you're a 90's kid. And I remember everything in that bulliten. Sure brings back the best memories =) And I remember when you didn't have to dial area codes. My grandma still thinks we do xP

I miss the 90's also. I was almost 7 when it was over. My birthday was on March 12.

I remember that bulliten. And at the top, its true. Just because you were born in '97 doesn't mean you're a 90's kid. And I remember everything in that bulliten. Sure brings back the best memories =)
I miss the 90's also. I was almost 7 when it was over. My birthday was on March 12.
Yeah, my birthday is Sept. 14, 1994.

I'm the one of the youngest in my grade, so everyone else that I hang out with was born in early '94 or '93. :furawatchi:

We talk about the 90's quite a bit; although they remember more than I do. xP

Kenan & Kel is still on sometimes. The N plays it. They also are playing All That.

I watched the Animaniacs in the 90's. Ren & Stimpy, Angry Beavers, Ahh Real Monsters, Are You Afraid Of The Dark?, Rocko's Modern Life...

The best things to do on the playground during recess were do hand shakes like Miss Mary Mack.

The good days.

When I was young && had no problems && everybody wasn't all obsessive with technology. n___n

EDIT// && Sailor Moon~~!! Cartoon Network played it everyday at 4 o'clock. I never missed an ep; I still have all the movies. That was probably like '98, '99, && 2000 though, because I can still remember the whole series clearly, and I was old enough to tell time & know if my mom was lying to me about it being on. x)

EDIT II// I just checked the back of my SM tape. The date is '95. ^^;;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back