What are you reading now?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing. I finished the third book in the series I'm reading last night. The series is so good, I read all its books in one day...I'm getting a new one on Monday, though.

Nothing. I finished the third book in the series I'm reading last night. The series is so good, I read all its books in one day...I'm getting a new one on Monday, though.
what series...?

Anyway, I'm reading some of my older fan fics I have sitting around on my computer...Did I really write a story about Moriritchi killing Perotchi? ._I

ReReading for the 6th time 'Bloody Jack: Being the Curious Misadventures of Jacky 'Mary' Faber Ship's Boy' of the 'Bloody Jack Series' by L.A Meyer Very VERY good book, about a homeless girl in the late 1800's that dresses as a boy to join the royal navel. The series follows her from age 12 to 17 (and on hopefully more books to come.)

The first book in the series is a bit hard to follow for the first few chapters as its written from Jacky's point of view and she has a heavy accent but it only gets better! Someone please read it! Its my obsession, one of the best series I've read! 10 books in the series so far.

Also I'd suggest looking into these, they're all sort of aimed towards teens to young adult, but are very good. Lots of adventure and good twists.

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld (steam punk alert!)

Maze Runner by James Dashner

Battle Royale (UnEdited Version) by Koushun Takami (this is what they think Hunger Games is based off)

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

SkinJacker Trilogy by Neal Shusterman

ANYTHING that is by Tamora Pierce

Okay I am done gushing....I love books especially adventure, and dystopian. The Uglies Trilogy +1, has a bit of confusing romance as the character grows. Bloody Jack has a good bit of romance but its done very nicely. Jacky is a STRONG female character that I think more young girls should read about.

Last edited by a moderator:
number9dream - David Mitchell (after his books were recommend by TM xD)

Yesterday I was reading Thirteen Days to Midnight. The end that was really sad D:

Kafka on the shore ~ Haruki Murakami (this one is pretty boring, I liked Norwegian Wood much better)

The Night Circus ~ (cannot recall the names, it's on my phone and I'm too lazy to get up and check)

The Iron Daughter

Edit: And how could I forget, I'm stuck in A game of thrones,taking a break as usual because they tend to lose my interest after a while. But every time I come back to it, it's exciting again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Son - Lois Lowry

I've been waiting for this book to be released all year, and then I finally ordered it off Book Depository and waited five weeks, and it arrived yesterday! I love it so far. Excellent plot, however you wouldn't understand anything if you haven't read the first three. If you read this book and didn't read the first three, you wouldn't understand why the girl is called a vessel, and why she needs to deliver a product. You'd also miss some very important information from the first three books like it is set in a Post-Apocalyptic world where there are only borderline corrupt utopian societies and wild tribes.

After this book I plan on reading The Chrysalids by John Wyndham, and People of Sparks by Jeanne DuPrau. :)

City Of Glass by Cassandra Clare. (The third book in The Mortal Instruments series)

Also Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. I started reading this book earlier in the year after watching the BBC adaption, but I lost my copy for over six months and I think I'll just start over again since I only just found it and can't remember a lot of what has happened so far.

Finished re-reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (still such a good read...even after the 4th time!)

Now re-reading two books at the same time:

"Elegance of the Hedgehog" Muriel Barbery and "Consider Phlebas" Iain M Banks

Latest posts

Back